• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reshiram vs Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, nothing suggests Kyogre's roar caused the storm. It could've been passive, making the level of effort even more unquantifiable.

It's likely Primordial Sea activating, which is even more casual because that's something he doesn't even noticeably do.

I'm going with Reshiram, as Status Amps are negated by Resh, who has more options and can probably weaken Goku with burns

Votes:

Goku- 1 (glassman)

Reshiram- 1, maybe 2 (Yobobojojo, maybe Cal)

Inconclusive- 0

Let me know if your vote wasn't counted.

I have a few questions.

Is there anything that suggests the storm is planetary (other than the games, which portray it differently)? We only see it engulfing a large island.

Even if it was, nothing really suggests the storm covered the planet on that timeframe. Helios from GoW has a Low 5-B feat that is pretty much identical to Kyogre's, but it was rejected because of the ambiguous timeframe.

Kepekley23 said:
I have a few questions.
Is there anything that suggests the storm is planetary (other than the games, which portray it differently)? We only see it engulfing a large island.

Even if it was, nothing really suggests the storm covered the planet on that timeframe. Helios from GoW has a Low 5-B feat that is pretty much identical to Kyogre's, but it was rejected because of the ambiguous timeframe.
Multiple Quotes

Yobobojojo said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Burn statistics reduction is game mechanics.

Actually, i think it happens in the anime too, so Status Effect Inducement

He's saying the burn "attack drop" is game mechanics, which it is. Unless you can provide a source of some sort which proves it happens in the anime.

Yobobojojo said:
@Sceptile
I meant more the sustained damage. Although Noble Roar is still a thing

Oh. I'm pretty sure the sustained damage does happen in the anime but "pretty sure" isn't enough.

Sceptilespy said:
Yobobojojo said:
@Sceptile
I meant more the sustained damage. Although Noble Roar is still a thing

Oh. I'm pretty sure the sustained damage does happen in the anime but "pretty sure" isn't enough.

It doesnt need to though, its just status inducement.

Yeah, you proved burn is a thing. We knew that. The status reduction is still game mechanics.

Simply being on fire decreases your "stats" for a variety of physiological and psychological reasons regardless of it's portrayal in fiction.

Myriadofmemes said:
Simply being on fire decreases your "stats" for a variety of physiological and psychological reasons regardless of it's portrayal in fiction.
Good point, but Goku does not have the most normal psyche....

@Yobo

True but my point isn't directed so much towards Goku specifically, it's rather directed towards the notion that burn's status effect is pure game mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back