• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Surge's statements and upgrading speed (Sonic IDW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioKill

They/Them
Hey guys. So, today I will be downgrading the Sonic IDW's Mid Tiers to Relativistic+. The reason is quite simple, actually.

EDIT: This is now an upgrade/justification replacement thread.

Surge said Sonic​
"couldn't keep up with her Speed of Light"​
. And that very arrogant line is validated due to a supporting feat performed by Sonic at​
0.603c​
, thus making it sufficient to upgrade them to SoL.​

The problem is, it has been debunked by the writers already. Please refer to this clip.

"In Issue 50, Surge told Sonic he couldn't keep up with her speed of light but he does. Are they truly moving at SoL?"

Ian: "...? No, she's arrogant."

He then goes on an explanation on how Surge does not even know or comprehend how fast light is. Ian is Surge's creator, and Sonic IDW'S writer. He said, without any room for doubt, that Surge's line came from a place of arrogance, and that she is ignorant about the speed of light.

The line should be removed from the profiles.

New justifications and upgrade
Surge actually reacted to the laser wisp, Sonic could keep up with her, even though they canonically are stated to be lightspeed in the games, which are canon to the comics. Furthermore, Sonic stated he greatly surpasses the speed of light in the DS version of Sonic Colors, also canonical to the IDW comics. Sonic is also faster than a Cyan Wisp.

Thus, given how feats are around this level in the comics, this should justify an upgrade to FTL.

Last edited:
I mean we discussed the in the discussed thread and like everyone disagreed with you, you're also completely ignoring the wisp scaling stuff too but I'll wait for others to give more input here

Also @Theuser789 I believe so

Isn't asking author questions for the purpose of a CRT against the rules?
Yes, VERY much so. As for this CRT, disagree and I actually think the Mid-Tiers should be upgraded.

Surge and Sonic can both react to Whisper's Cyan Wisp as it darts its way over to Sonic. To top it all off, Surge then tags the Cyan-empowered Sonic.

Tie this in with Sonic's allusion to Colors taking place, where Sonic caught a Cyan Wisp, and the Mid-Tiers should be bumped up to FTL. Super Forms and equivalents get "At least FTL, likely far higher".

So much for Flynn's statements, right? 😂

Yes, VERY much so. As for this CRT, disagree and I actually think the Mid-Tiers should be upgraded.

Surge and Sonic can both react to Whisper's Cyan Wisp as it darts its way over to Sonic. To top it all off, Surge then tags the Cyan-empowered Sonic.

Tie this in with Sonic's allusion to Colors taking place, where Sonic caught a Cyan Wisp, and the Mid-Tiers should be bumped up to FTL. Super Forms and equivalents get "At least FTL, likely far higher".

Upload the scans to imgur discord scans aren't allowed I believe plus they're broken links for me😭😭

Also yeah I once again disagree with this

Also, you're welcomed to suggest new motives for Lightspeed, but don't try to defend this line any further, save us the headache.
People are actually ******* blind.

I don't give a flying ****, the line should be removed and substituted for the new evidence.

I mean we discussed the in the discussed thread and like everyone disagreed with you, you're also completely ignoring the wisp scaling stuff too but I'll wait for others to give more input here

Also @Theuser789 I believe so
Again, I don't give a flying ****. The line should not be used, substitute it for literally anything else regardless of the rating. No need to act like pricks because you have different valid reasons to keep or upgrade the ratings. The main purpose was to remove the line anyway

Prick behavior aside. I'm adding this to the OP.

People are actually ******* blind.

I don't give a flying ****, the line should be removed and substituted for the new evidence.
Nah you're too pressed to still be wrong the line can be removed but that's besides the point you're just inherently wrong in saying what the reason for lightspeed in IDW is the statement could go but wisp scaling and such still exist and is also why lightspeed exist

You're literally the only person cursing and being a dipshit for nothing 💀💀

I love when downgrade threads get wrapped around and turned into upgrade threads.

I agree with this.

The speed of light line can be removed from the justifications tho.

Oh well I guess this is an upgrade and justification thread. Agree now.

Biiiiiiiiiiig disagree.
It's too bad you have to give an actual reason to disagree.

Nah you're too pressed to still be wrong the line can be removed but that's besides the point you're just inherently wrong in saying what the reason for lightspeed in IDW is the statement could go but wisp scaling and such still exist and is also why lightspeed exist
The **** you're on about? My stance is that the line is invalid.
It ******* is.

I LITERALLY WELCOMED FURTHER EVIDENCE FOR LIGHTSPEED.
You're literally the only person cursing and being a dipshit for nothing 💀💀
Speaking of prick behavior-

Hostility gets you nowhere, and I've seen a lot coming from you on the wiki. Might wanna cool it
Both of you can kiss the greenest part of my ass. (Which is none, I'm no Piccolo)

There does not appear to be any rules against the act. Besides, the question seems fairly innocuous.
Think that came up in ben 10 revisions as well with people asking power scaling questions on like twitter and shit to get responses from WoG to use in CRTs

I don't think that's allowed

You just forgot to explain why that's FTL rather than SoL too.

The **** you're on about? My stance is that the line is invalid.
It ******* is.
Why is it currently SoL anyway?
That's because Surge said Sonic "couldn't keep up with her Speed of Light". And that very arrogant line is validated due to a supporting feat performed by Sonic at 0.603c, thus making it sufficient to upgrade them to SoL.
Funny that when you literally are saying that statement is the sole main reason for lightspeed which as you've been told is incorrect due to wisp scaling
I LITERALLY WELCOMED FURTHER EVIDENCE FOR LIGHTSPEED.
We're trying to let you know that it already exist and is accepted we scale with Wisp as well my guy so there isn't more needed this is pointless lightspeed isn't tired down to surges statement to begin with as you've said and the statement can be removed as we've all agreed on just fix your premise and maybe get your head out of your ass and chill kay?

I could swear asking authors powerscaling questions for the purposes of a CRT was against the rules...
I’m pretty sure that intentionally asking questions for the purposes of CRT are against the rules, but I’m not sure if an unrelated question asked by someone else happening to be used in a CRT is, tho

I could swear asking authors powerscaling questions for the purposes of a CRT was against the rules...
That was never the case,
Funny that when you literally are saying that statement is the sole main reason for lightspeed which as you've been told is incorrect due to wisp scaling
It is. Wisp scalings are not applied. They will be, through this thread.
We're trying to let you know that it already exist and is accepted we scale with Wisp as well my guy so there isn't more needed this is pointless lightspeed isn't tired down to surges statement to begin with as you've said and the statement can be removed as we've all agreed on just fix your premise and maybe get your head out of your ass and chill kay?
The wisp scaling wasn't used at the time because the issue wasn't released at the time. Currently, in the profiles, officially, we only use Surge's statement. The thread's only trying to remove Surge's line entirely, and it will do just that regardless of the course of action.

Pretty sure they’ve shown FTL feats and the Cyan Wisp displays all the traits of a light speed laser iirc
Reacting to lightspeed depends heavily on how close it was. Surge's reaction speed might not be FTL, or even Rel+ (SoL is still guaranteed since she's powered by it and Sonic can keep up).

Also, we don't cross-scale with the games IIRC, so idk.

Cyan Wisps are Speed of Light (Mav will ninja me, I'm on mobile). In Colors, which is canon to IDW, he also refers to the Cyan Wisp as being almost as fast as him after he catches up to it.

Edit: If the link is dead then my b lol
If we can use this kind of logic, why wasn't Sonic FTL before, he literally states to be so in the DS version?

If we can use this kind of logic, why wasn't Sonic FTL before, he literally states to be so in the DS version?
Because at the time, he had no feats shown to back it up. He consistently performed feats in the Supersonic to MHS range (albeit usually casual)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back