• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Schizophrenia/ adding Multiple Personalites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ogbunabali said:
Yeah that's your interpretation which, as of this very moment, makes it headcanon. The only mental disorder mentioned in the show is schizophrenia, those hallucinations can be induced from that mental disorder. If you're right this can be changed in 3 months, but right now I don't see a reason to change something just because you have a hypothesis.
its not my interpretation though, the bio for his page literally says this. also, it would be different if i didnt apply or give examples from the show to support my claims, but I have.

Also while I have you here, what is your thought on rational mind's explanation?

The link i made in my original post where he tells David his power made him to help David out? i havent really seen you talk about that during the thread.

You gave an example of hallucinations, which is a trait of schizophrenia.

Anyway we're going around in circles, I don't see why we shouldn't just wait for the new season.

Ogbunabali said:
You gave an example of hallucinations, which is a trait of schizophrenia.

Anyway we're going around in circles, I don't see why we shouldn't just wait for the new season.
No, i gave mu─║tiple examples of alters manifesting to assist David during moments of crisis.

We've seen how his hallucinations work. This is getting cyclical, and honestly it feels like you've just been generalizing everything i presented as hallucinations/schizophrenia. Even though the show itself has shown how his hallucinations work/how he interacts with them in the past. He's never sat down and communicated with his "hallucinations" throughout the entire show like you're making it seem he has.

The examples I listed do indicate that he has alters, and that he's displayed at least 3 of them.

Ant, what say you? I'll provide are the links to the other parts of the conversation between DVD, divaD, and David.

The examples you gave are just hallucinations. In order for that to be dissociative identity disorder David needs to have became a different personality, which quite literally, has never happened in the show. You're trying to push your interpretation of hallucinations = split, which is false.

Ogbunabali is correct. We should probably close this thread.

So to go back over everything presented in the thread: David literally displaying other versions of himself (mentally so far) that:

Have their own names, hairstyles, clothing choices, and beliefs different from the host personality of David (explained earlier in the thread)

He actively argues/talks with (just like Kevin Wendell Crumb and co.), speaks with them on what to do during moments of crisis, and literally swapping out during the final scene of S2, with David showing multiple moments of dissociation and out of character behavior to support this, AND literally being called Legion in the second season doesn't warrant multiple personalities being added to his profile?

Even though none of his hallucinations have never shown an ounce of individuality (even down to having their own names) aside from being terrors created by the Shadow King?

Antvasima said:
Ogbunabali is correct. We should probably close this thread.
If you feel that is best. I know Noah Hawley (the creator) and multiple cast members said we'd see more alters appear in season three, but i dont want to drag this out any longer than it needs to be.

I was hoping for more input from others though. I did message Azzy on their thoughts about what i presented since they did a thread for the show. If they reach back out i'll gladly let you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back