• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Kirby’s Dream Kingdom Abilities/Resistances

Just a minor revision, but any ability the main Kirby gets from his Dream Kingdom variant should be removed. He’s never shown using or having them and they’re both from entirely different universes.

This includes Telekinisis, Time Stop, and Time Stop resistance

Not sure if DK Kirby has used Space Jump but it should also be removed if he hasn’t used it

(Minor?: ) Why not post in the still-open CRT the verse has?

I can agree that TK should go.

Time Stop and Time Stop resistance were shown in Planet Robobot tho, so they stay.

Team Kirby did show Space Jump when they win a battle.

(Minor?: ) Why not post in the still-open CRT the verse has?

I can agree that TK should go.

Time Stop and Time Stop resistance were shown in Planet Robobot tho, so they stay.

Team Kirby did show Space Jump when they win a battle.
True, my bad

The Time Stop/Res is only shown in the subgame the Dream Kingdom games are based on, which doesn’t make sense to be canon

Surely you read the bit of my blogs about subgames in Kirby.

Also, our Kirby remembers those games in another reality as "past adventures" in a book in his house, which is bs as far stronger evidence shows that not being the case, but I would argue the Kirbys as beings are indistinguishable from each other.

Also, our Kirby remembers those games in another reality as "past adventures" in a book in his house, which is bs as far stronger evidence shows that not being the case, but I would argue the Kirbys as beings are indistinguishable from each other.
Nope, I’ll read it rq and reply

also he can move while using time crash so that supports it
Time Crash happens way later, it’s the fact that he has Beam Mage abilities when Kirby Clash takes place in another universe.

Also he himself is the one that freezes time, so doubt he’d have resistance as that’s usually how time stop works unless there’s something I don’t know

Time Crash happens way later, it’s the fact that he has Beam Mage abilities when Kirby Clash takes place in another universe.

Also he himself is the one that freezes time, so doubt he’d have resistance as that’s usually how time stop works unless there’s something I don’t know
I mean just because you have the ability to stop time doesn't automatically mean you move away from the flow of time. To move in stopped time when nobody else can means that you need a resistance

Standard take on any superpower that's around the user like that, be it time slowing, stopping, acceleration, reversing it, etc., to say otherwise is thus below that standard.

It’s shown in very many cases across fiction, Kirby isn’t an exception.

Kirby not being affected by his own power doesn’t mean he resists the ability himself, it’s his own power with no signs of any backfire.

If I can create fire from my hands and don’t feel the heat, it doesn’t mean I’m resistant to heat, It’s my own power. Kirby has a crown of fire on his head with the fire ability but he still gets damaged by fire. Him being able to stop time doesn’t mean he can resist the same thing, considering that’s literally his only showing.

Yea I read it, literally nothing proves MU Kirby would have access to the Beam Mage abilities. Kirby Clash is an alternate universe.

Even if MU Kirby was indistinguishable to DK Kirby, Beam Mage is a literal role you have to train and become. MU Kirby has never shown this, which makes it unreasonable to assume he’d have it off of another version of him.

That's not evidence that is appeal to tradition
Why don't you make a CRT making it so users of abilities like it get resistances to them to any level of likelihood you believe, making the pages those powers we have clarify this easy-to-miss thing? I wouldn't follow or read a CRT like that myself by how self-evident I take the matter to be, and that's all I can say about this topic.

Well, now that Deluxe confirms that Magolor used the Gem Apples to get money for his amusement parks, that basically confirms that DK is canon to the OG Kirby.

Well, now that Deluxe confirms that Magolor used the Gem Apples to get money for his amusement parks, that basically confirms that DK is canon to the OG Kirby.
i think just the fact that he went to the dream kingdom by the end of the epilogue confirms it more than enough

Not necessarily. They’re still 2 different Kirbys with different powers. Magolor just went there.

Both of you talked about different things. Arceus points out that the games are now canon (they already were), Winter talks about how the Kirbys from each reality may not have the same abilities.

Magolor has said to the main Kirby that if he makes a shop, to please come and visit, and that wherever they go, whenever they meet, let’s be friends forever, which happened before making a shop in the Dream Kindom and meeting Team Kirby. So that's another tiny thing that implies the Kirbys to be the same, which can also be taken as meaningless.

Both of you talked about different things. Arceus points out that the games are now canon (they already were), Winter talks about how the Kirbys from each reality may not have the same abilities.

Magolor has said to the main Kirby that if he makes a shop, to please come and visit, and that wherever they go, whenever they meet, let’s be friends forever, which happened before making a shop in the Dream Kindom and meeting Team Kirby. So that's another tiny thing that implies the Kirbys to be the same, which can also be taken as meaningless.
Like you said, that’s pretty meaningless. Clash Kirby is shown throughout the entire game to be a different Kirby than the main.

I don't think the resistances should be removed if they're canon.
The Dream Kingdom has always been canon, just not to the main Kirby, which is why they’re inapplicable to Kirby because they’re from 2 different universes with different powers

The Dream Kingdom has always been canon, just not to the main Kirby, which is why they’re inapplicable to Kirby because they’re from 2 different universes with different powers
Ok, then I'm neutral. Whatever Efi says, he's the expert on this stuff.

The only ability this affects is TK. What Winter says does have weight, but I personally still see that they could still have the same abilities. How about as a "Possibly"?

The only ability this affects is TK. What Winter says does have weight, but I personally still see that they could still have the same abilities. How about as a "Possibly"?
The clash game mode is barely canon in Robobot, which is the only thing holding me back from considering time stop applicable to Main Kirby. The actual game that came out later was based on this subgame and it’s consider an alternate universe with a different Kirby.

For this reason, the subgame shouldn’t be MU since the team clash game, which is based on the subgame, isn’t MU

Why do we even consider it an alternate universe? How exactly do we know that it's not one of Kirby's normal adventures?

Why do we even consider it an alternate universe? How exactly do we know that it's not one of Kirby's normal adventures?
The start of the game is everyone’s first time seeing Kirby (aside from Magolor), including Bandana Dee.

It’s stated to be a faraway land

Magolor went to it via portal and met Kirby, but knew it wasn’t the main one (as he would’ve apologized)

A ton of other things

The start of the game is everyone’s first time seeing Kirby (aside from Magolor), including Bandana Dee.

It’s stated to be a faraway land

Magolor went to it via portal and met Kirby, but knew it wasn’t the main one (as he would’ve apologized)

A ton of other things
That makes sense.

The clash game mode is barely canon in Robobot, which is the only thing holding me back from considering time stop applicable to Main Kirby. The actual game that came out later was based on this subgame and it’s consider an alternate universe with a different Kirby.

For this reason, the subgame shouldn’t be MU since the team clash game, which is based on the subgame, isn’t MU
That reason isn't valid, subgames like it aren't canon like you say, they show what Kirby & others can do as that was stated, as you can read in the canon blog. This isn't the Dream Kingdom's Kirby, the Dream Kingdom's Kirby would later be created based on this Kirby, everything else about that Kirby doesn't matter as he isn't meant to be canon, he's not tied to things like that to do what he does.
Please read the canon blog, even if it's a bit outdated right now.

Bump, I forgot about this

Looking back, I agree with Efficient’s possibly proposal. How would we explain on the profile tho?

My Explanations blogs could list all the similarities and winks they are between the Kirbys, sincerely pointing out how useless some of them are, and then that can be linked when saying that they possibly share the same.

Back