• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remake Match, King Kong (2005) vs Indominus Rex

Stefano4444

He/Him
King Kong: 2 (Huesito88, Kiryu2012)

Indominus Rex: 0 ()

Inconclusive: 0 ()

Indominus rex vs king kong by mechafire
All credits go to Mechafire1234

King Kong via better lifting strength (Class 10 vs Class 50), and mobility because it takes place in New York, where he can scale the buildings.

Ah, never knew of that...

Still you had a point, although i'm unsure if such advantage would be that massive, Kong would still need to come face to face with the I-Rex for actually harm him as i doubt throwing cars, traffic lights from buildings will be a valid strategy again the hybrid.

Also the I-Rex could just use his camouflage (which is the same of a cuttlefish) to disappear and trick the gorilla intro leave the buildings for then stage an ambush.

Just another day for King Kong. He has superior strength, speed, and combat experience compared to Indominus, and he's got way better dexterity and grappling skills that could prove very useful in overpowering Indominus. Indominus tends to just throw her intelligence out the window when fighting something around her size, and just charges head-on, which would put her at a bad disadvantage against Kong, who's fought foes that are not only much the same, but even bigger than her. Indominus' camo isn't combat applicable, either, so it wouldn't contribute anything here.

TheOwnMagic said:
What happens if Indominus turns "Invisible"?
She doesn't turn 'invisible', she just changes her colors to match her surroundings. And there's no way in hell Kong would give her an opportunity to run away and hide to blend in with the environment. And that's out of character for Indominus anyway, since she's never tried such a tactic when fighting anything around her size. She instead just charges in head-on, which would go badly for her against the likes of Kong.

Kiryu2012 said:
He has superior strength, speed, and combat experience compared to Indominus, and he's got way better dexterity and grappling skills that could prove very useful in overpowering Indominus.
Kong is indeed more agile but nothing suggest that he is actually faster than I-Rex, neither of them have display any speed feats on a scale greater than the other.

For the rest i agree, even if the I-Rex do have a few advantages such as superior durability, attack potency (due of his bite and claws, not due of his physical strength), and for be smarter and more cunning than the primate.

Kiryu2012 said:
Indominus tends to just throw her intelligence out the window when fighting something around her size, and just charges head-on, which would put her at a bad disadvantage against Kong, who's fought foes that are not only much the same, but even bigger than her. Indominus' camo isn't combat applicable, either, so it wouldn't contribute anything here.
While the V-Rex is similar to the I-Rex, it would be illogical to say they're the same exactly creature.

At example Kong will not be able to use his famous Jaw Break as the I-Rex is not only more durable than the average V-Rex but also due of his snake's like jaw.

At example Kong will not be able to use his famous Jaw Break as the I-Rex is not only more durable than the average V-Rex but also due of his snake's like jaw.

That doesn't mean Indominus' jaws wouldn't break from Kong's attempt. Such a technique would still work against Indominus regardless of her ability to unhinge her jaw (which frankly really isn't that much, certainly not enough to save her from hetting her jaws broken0. Plus, Kong could also just crush her head just like he did with the V-rex, which would absolutely kill Indominus in the slim chance Kong's jaw breaking move somehow doesn't work on her.

Kiryu2012 said:
She doesn't turn 'invisible', she just changes her colors to match her surroundings. And there's no way in hell Kong would give her an opportunity to run away and hide to blend in with the environment. And that's out of character for Indominus anyway, since she's never tried such a tactic when fighting anything around her size. She instead just charges in head-on, which would go badly for her against the likes of Kong.
That would still make her nearly invisible to Kong and there is no reason to assume it would be out of character for her to use such ability again other large animals, she didn't use her with Rexy because she either has the time and because it wasn't necessary.

She may not start the fight in that way, but it wouldn't take long for the hybrid to understand that Kong is not standard beast and she will understand that she would need to use all her tricks and any opportunity for win the fight.

And yeah Kong will try to stop her from camouflage herself, but that would probably happen only after I-Rex would have used such tactic the first time.

Kiryu2012 said:
That doesn't mean Indominus' jaws wouldn't break from Kong's attempt. Such a technique would still work against Indominus regardless of her ability to unhinge her jaw.
Only because it worked with the V-Rex it doesn't mean it must work just as well with the I-Rex.

The snake like jaw will definitivaly make the Jaw Break move much harder to perform, as the jaw of the snake is design to widen as much as possible, this without counting the fact that the I-Rex has show greater physical stats than all the 3 V-Rexes combined (after all they're only 9-A via scaling as they don't have feats on that level).

Kiryu2012 said:
It's a possibility not a certainty, just like it only a possibility for the I-Rex to just bite Kong's neck and tear his throat.

Stefano4444 said:
Kiryu2012 said:
That would still make her nearly invisible to Kong and there is no reason to assume it would be out of character for her to use such ability again other large animals, she didn't use her with Rexy because she either has the time and because it wasn't necessary.
She may not start the fight in that way, but it wouldn't take long for the hybrid to understand that Kong is not standard beast and she will understand that she would need to use all her tricks and any opportunity for win the fight.

And yeah Kong will try to stop her from camouflage herself, but that would probably happen only after I-Rex would have used such tactic the first time.
She would have to run away, escape from Kong, find someplace to hide before Kong could find her, and change colors all while Kong is pursuing her. I highly doubt such a scenario would ever happen. Indominus only used her camo once in the entirety of Jurassic World, and that was against the Assignment Containment Unit. Against something as big as herself, a scenario in which Indominus forgoes strategy in exchange for brute force, who would be very difficult to escape from and ambush, Indominus would not be able to bring that one-time ability of her's in this fight.

Back