• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread seems to either go around in circles or derail a lot.

Is somebody willing to restart it with a summary of our conclusions so far in the first post?

Maverick is correct. Would you be willing to handle the restart, or is some other experienced member willing to handle it?

@Antvasima You're asking me right? I'm down for it unless Maverick will do it, just would like to know what we're talking about to mention it in the thread starter first

Hopefully once we have gone through the AP feats we can go through the speed feats

Actually, I was going to defend Brobot's feat; I agree that the ones rejected such as the Sunshine paint examples or Yoshi summoning a Power Star by eating a fruit are vague and shouldn't be brought up.

But I relooked at the Brobot example and Weeb brought up good points. First, right as the fight starts, we visually see the screen ripped in half and their's a starry sky background. Some people interpreted it creation, while others see it as merely teleporting to Outerspace. However, when you flip to 3-D, you see Green dimensional lights as if it was some digital creation. It's not the regular outer space seen throughout World 4. Also, upon defeat, the background literally explodes and they just appear to be where they were before the fight. If the first example was just a mere teleportation, Mario and crew would have had to actually fly back to where they were manually and MR L would have had to just been seen floating in space before that. Also, the final part of Chapter 4 was described as a location at the edge of the Universe. But I'm done talking about that feat, but I still think that feat is solid given the details.

King Boo's feat was literally translated as a body of space outside this world; the Illusion statement was a mistranslation iirc.

I'd prefer if someone liked Shiro looked at the translation and see if the translation from Weeb's friend is correct regarding the Mario 64 examples. But at the moment, that translation was the most reliable so far. But, creating a realm can create memories or history, and it's not like Bowser always controls the outcome of his creations. There existing Bob-Ombs on Mario's side doesn't contradict the possibility that he still created them. Lots of creator gods good and evil create people who are against them all the time. Furthermore, Galaxy's lore regarding the Power Stars is very much canon to and gives more in depth context to the same Power Stars in Mario 64. The Lumas who turn into power stars are of an upper class than the ones who turn into planets, stars, comets, or galaxies. So even galaxy level power stars are actually believable given that lore alone. But, there are a total of 15 main courses, this doesn't include the minigames containing one power star also having Starry skies. Although, so far, the cage is the only one that didn't seem to have a legit starry sky, so that's more than 14 with starry skies using 120 Power Stars. Most of the main courses have 7 Power Stars in them.

Also, before anyone says realms "Are only painting size" actually the paintings themselves are merely portals as seen here. The actual worlds it takes you to are legit massive worlds.

Also, I can agree that threads like this should preferably be refreshed.

I'd prefer if someone liked Shiro looked at the translation and see if the translation from Weeb's friend is correct regarding the Mario 64 examples. But at the moment, that translation was the most reliable so far.

If we are going to use translations, it is better to get multiple translations and try to come up with a consensus than just relying on one translation.
One thing that is definite for sure is that we can not rely on 'official translations' or Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back