• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relativistic bleach

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnonymousBlank said:
>"Paint it black"
>Cut to balck being pulled from a lizard

>"Ichimonji"

>Black has arrived.

Pretty easy to tell how much time has passed.
Not at all. We have little indication over how much time it took for the black to be pulled and how much of a break there was between the two sentences. Assuming that they happened over a span of one second is ludicrous.

Ichibei and Yhwach have blackness on them don't they? How do we know the blackness of Ichimonji didn't come from them? Or from any other off-screen source of black? Or hell, maybe it just came from the sword itself?

I never said it took 5 minutes, but the notion that it took 1 second is ridiculous. Something like 10 - 20 is believable low-end, however.

It is still completely unquantifiable, however, as nothing has proven the distance as being accurate.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The assumed timeframe is wrong, there's a lot wrong to assume it happened as he spoke the word only, rather than that, more unquantifiable time before and after panels.
Lol the timeframe isn't wrong,it's a timeframe provided for us by the manga itself.

And how this speed=attack or reaction speed? Also the ink is still coming to him from different part of the ss.

Danny1112 said:
Lol the timeframe isn't wrong,it's a timeframe provided for us by the manga itself.
The manga tells you "Then the ink on the ground of Soul Society physically travelled up to the Soul King's palace in 1 second"?

No it's not provided, Danny. Again:

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also if you know anything about comicbook writing / sequential art storytelling, a number of panels is no indication for the amount of time passed. You can have huge timeskips over single panels.

Also, what evidence the darkness would have to be pulled directly from 88905.6 kilometers away, and brought over in seconds, rather than, you know, him generating more darkness from a closer, unquantifiable distance.
Also:

Damage3245 said:
Ichibei and Yhwach have blackness on them don't they? How do we know the blackness of Ichimonji didn't come from them? Or from any other off-screen source of black? Or hell, maybe it just came from the sword itself?
Please directly address these questions and provide conclusive, definitive answers rather than just responding with the same statement of "It just is".

Matthew Schroeder said:
I never said it took 5 minutes, but the notion that it took 1 second is ridiculous. Something like 10 - 20 is believable low-end, however.
It is still completely unquantifiable, however, as nothing has proven the distance as being accurate.
Lol,20-10 seconds is too big for one word only what the heck

I always thought that Ichibe just teleported/summoned the darkness to the Soul Palace rather than extracting it all the way from Soul Society.

Again Shikai activates literally instantly every time it is used so you arguing that it took longer is baseless,the only requirement is activation.

"We don't know if it came from the random panel it showed us of black being drained" this is essentially what your saying Damage,Occams Razor shows us that the panel was put there to show us where the darkness is coming from,and you know what happens literally in the next chapter..they show us him pulling darkness again and they show us another shot of soul society and darkness being drained lol..
IMG 1004

Given that Ichibei can paint huge symbols using the brush without any giant pots of ink around, it is pretty clear that Ichimonji itself can create the darkness/ink.

1997KD said:
And how this speed=attack or reaction speed?
Also the ink is still coming to him from different part of the ss.
No,it was only one ink he called,his powers doesn't doesn't work like that,he chooses the ink in which wishes to use,and that's the one that was shown in a scene, so saying it came from anywhere is straight up assumption as there wouldn't have been a reason for that scene.

fine lets use 10 seconds and see what we get... tho i doubt it takes someone 10 seconds to say 1 ******* word lol

Peter1129 said:
I always thought that Ichibe just teleported/summoned the darkness to the Soul Palace rather than extracting it all the way from Soul Society.
Damage3245 said:
Given that Ichibei can paint huge symbols using the brush without any giant pots of ink around, it is pretty clear that Ichimonji itself can create the darkness/ink.
This is my same thought process. Nobody has proven the distance assumption so the calc is wrong.

Danny1112 said:
No,it was only one ink he called,his powers doesn't doesn't work like that,he chooses the ink in which wishes to use,and that's the one that was shown in a scene, so saying it came from anywhere is straight up assumption as there wouldn't have been a reason for that scene.
The reason for that scene is to show the range of his ability as he explains later; from the moment he activated his Shikai, all of the Black in the world was under his control.

It doesn't prove he physically transported that bit of darkness up to the Soul King's palace.

He clearly needs to resupply Damage,he even did it for his Existence erasure technique where he pooled darkness from the future of soul society equivalent to 100 nights,and we see it pooling around him so saying he doesn't collect them is once again baseless and not what we're seeing.

Damage3245 said:
No,this is just technically based on a head canon,that's not how his powers work,he doesn't generate them,he he calls or chooses the one he wishes to use.

It is baseless the arguments you guys give don't prove anything nor are they well constructed. You just go "It is what we are seeing".

Uh, no it isn't. You are making leaps of logic which will make the feat more impressive and going with it because you want it to be higher.

what do you mean it dont transport? you can literally see the darkness moving up from everything from SS when he does the whole erasure

Why would he teleport one piece of black when every other time it is clearly seen being pulled from everything else and moving to him through the air?

Damage3245 said:
Danny1112 said:
The reason for that scene is to show the range of his ability as he explains later; from the moment he activated his Shikai, all of the Black in the world was under his control.
It doesn't prove he physically transported that bit of darkness up to the Soul King's palace.
Then why was it being extracted??,why wasn't a scene shown of him extracting ink from other places??why only that scene with the statement placed on it???

Not in the mood right now so for now i'll say 2 things.

1.) For those who argue about how much time has passed, there is a way to get a reasonable timeframe out of those panels as long as there were words said. You can this site called Read-o-Meter. Just plug in the words/sentences and it'll give you an average timeframe of how it took to say them. Might not be perfect but its something useful. Whether this changes anything on it being an outlier or not isnt up to me though.

2.) Im getting really sick of the Naruto and Bleach comparisons everytime a Bleach CRT happens in all honesty. This doesnt even happen in the reverse for Naruto, just bleach. When Naruto's feats are discussed, they're discussed using reasons that have nothing to do with Bleach. But whenever it's bleach, Naruto comparisons become the main bread and butter. That needs to stop. I honestly think some kind of discussion rule for this needs to happen.

Matthew Schroeder your the only one making leaps of logic here to support your argument,I'm using the material given to me and what your using is well head canon,and from what I see here you also have a problem with the distance between the realms so go make a CRT about that.

Now explain to me using the source material,how it's lying about what's happening on panel (care to remember they're also in combat and not standing around aimlessly).

I agree with Kukui, this habit of random Bleach fans frankly, whining about Naruto in threads has to stop. Secondly, this is like the sixth Sub-Rel Bleach thread and they are all the same.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I agree with Kukui, this habit of random Bleach fans frankly, whining about Naruto in threads has to stop. Secondly, this is like the sixth Sub-Rel Bleach thread and they are all the same.
Matt, it goes both ways. Stop acting like Naruto fans don't do the same thing.

The reasoning for them not seeing it or seeing it is unknown,it could very well he invisible for all we know,he collects all of black and the absent of color is white,I'm pretty Yhwach would be white if all was collect from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back