• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation and Immortality

In a verse where the concept of reincarnation is real, and everyone goes through this process, is it reasonable to give everyone in the verse some form of type 4 immortality? Even if it's limited based on factors such as time taken or the possibility of being sent to hell or heaven instead or whatever.

I suppose this question extends to similar mechanics such as becoming a ghost or spirit of some kind, assuming everyone undergoes that process.

Last edited:
first it's the mechanic of the world or verse. if the fight happens in standard battle assumption (new york) then it doesn't apply anymore

as for ghost and spirit I'm not really sure about it

first it's the mechanic of the world or verse. if the fight happens in standard battle assumption (new york) then it doesn't apply anymore
It being a verse mechanic shouldn't change anything though. Lots of things like magic systems or other forms of immortality (like 8 and 9) can be seen as verse-specific but we don't assume they stop working in SBA.

It being a verse mechanic shouldn't change anything though. Lots of things like magic systems or other forms of immortality (like 8 and 9) can be seen as verse-specific but we don't assume they stop working in SBA.
It is case by case situation, also magic system is universal power system which also can be equalized when in a vs match, verse mechanic can't be equalized though, or you will get every Dragon Ball character with Acausality type 1, since the verse mechanic is spliting timeline to prevent time travel paradox which indirectly grant DB characters Acausality type 1. Also the site always use neutral ground in vs match because like what i said with Dragon Ball situation, some verse have somekind of "home turf" which could give some advantages to the characters that come from said verse

It is case by case situation, also magic system is universal power system which also can be equalized when in a vs match, verse mechanic can't be equalized though, or you will get every Dragon Ball character with Acausality type 1, since the verse mechanic is spliting timeline to prevent time travel paradox which indirectly grant DB characters Acausality type 1. Also the site always use neutral ground in vs match because like what i said with Dragon Ball situation, some verse have somekind of "home turf" which could give some advantages to the characters that come from said verse
Yeah, but that's usually a consequence of how the laws of physics/time/whatever work in the verse. In this case it's more a matter of "do we assume souls and the afterlife are allowed to exist in this match even if they only exist in one of the two verses". For characters with something like type 9 immortality, or type 4/7 reliant on those things, saying no would basically be going "you aren't allowed to have access to these powers", which I'm pretty sure isn't allowed in SBA.

yes >: (

Back