• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regular 9-C Tournament. Round 2 Match 4. Barry Berkman vs Ghostface

Billy and Stu’s advantages here are in numbers as well as teamwork (although that’s a given as Barry is only one guy). However, I do think Barry shouldn’t have trouble taking them out. Given he’s a much more experienced fighter overall, including in the use of firearms and knives, he’s not going to overwhelmed by them. It’s also important to remember that this isn’t his only time going against a group in greater numbers. He was able to skillfully escape an entire group of armed dirt bikers attempting to kill him. He also cleared out an entire monastery of armed gang members. I personally don’t think the Ghostface team can give Berkman a run for his money

Voting Barry Berkman

Barry definitely has a massive skill advantage here, as well as slightly better speed, but I think the 1996 duo have a chance.

Stu managed to make a joke out of Dewey, a deputy, who should have some degree of training, and that was all by himself. The two also have superior AP/durability (300 vs. 375). Under his durability, it says he survived getting stabbed in the back, but the video shows him limping pretty badly afterwards... also his attacker was a toddler, it seems.

I think stealth mastery (which Barry has to, but doesn't seem to have any counters to it, unlike Ghostface), and having two opponents that are both physically superior will be hard for him to take out.

Stu managed to make a joke out of Dewey, a deputy, who should have some degree of training, and that was all by himself. The two also have superior AP/durability (300 vs. 375). Under his durability, it says he survived getting stabbed in the back, but the video shows him limping pretty badly afterwards... also his attacker was a toddler, it seems.
Dewey is a police deputy. Barry is a marine hitman. They are nowhere near comparable. Dewey was made a fool of because he lacked competence early on. Barry isn’t like that. Early into his military career, his first three kills were made effortlessly from a long distance. And that’s not even his best showings. Making a joke out of Dewey really isn’t hard…

I think you’re downplaying Barry’s durability. You have to take into account Barry still managed to survive that stabbing after taking hits from an incredibly skilled martial artist who could kill a trained police sheriff with a single kick and kick people through the bottom of wooden closet doors

Also you’re SEVERELY downplaying Lily. She’s literally made out in the episode to be just as bad, if not worse than Ronny, who is the guy I mentioned earlier. She even bit a clunk of flesh from a grown adult with a single bite. No. She’s not some fodder toddler who got the jump on Barry

I think stealth mastery (which Barry has to, but doesn't seem to have any counters to it, unlike Ghostface), and having two opponents that are both physically superior will be hard for him to take out.
TBH given Barry’s stealth feat he performed when escaping the dirt bikers? I think the Ghostface killers would be pretty shocked as to how Barry is alluding their senses

The two being physically superior to Barry is also questionable. Barry could more consistently harm a guy who couldn’t be put down by a gunshot to the head

Last edited:
I dunno, at the same time, it was noted by another user here in the Ghostface vs Kevin McCallister thread earlier that Billy and Stu aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the shed generally-speaking.: https://vsbattles.com/threads/kevin...ace-home-alone-vs-scream.145963/#post-5299270

More than likely Barry would get the jump on the Ghostfaces than either Ghostface would.
Yeah. I don’t wanna say Billy and Stu are incompetent because they definitely aren’t. But they were a threat to a community that was generally not used to their method of killing and the best line of defence the community had was an inexperienced police deputy. Against a marine turned hitman? Totally different fight. Plus it’s worth noting that far less skilled people like Sidney were capable of giving either killer trouble up close

Looking again, yeah, Lily does seem to be pretty competent lol. He did still seem pretty messed up after a few stabs to the back though, to the point he had to stop and talk. Billy and Stu, for comparison, stabbed each other multiple times and still had the energy to terrorize Sidney for another 10-ish minutes, Billy even going on to survive a gunshot wound and Stu tussling with overpowering Sidney.
The two being physically superior to Barry is also questionable. Barry could more consistently harm a guy who couldn’t be put down by a gunshot to the head
He's baseline on the profile, unless I'm missing something. The duo are 76 joules higher, which isn't much, but it still means they'll be doing more damage.

As for stealth, it's two people wearing the same costume. Barry likely won't even know he's up against two killers at first, and both of these killers have stealth feats that include sneaking past police officers (after Sidney's first attack iirc) and sneaking around a car in complete silence.

I do have to realize that Barry might be a little too skilled for them to handle though, I'll give him that. Seems like "men with knives" are pretty standard for him.

He's baseline on the profile, unless I'm missing something.
The most standard gun models hit at 4-600 joules.: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/M1911

He's baseline on the profile, unless I'm missing something. The duo are 76 joules higher, which isn't much, but it still means they'll be doing more damage.
Uh, no, he’s certainly not baseline. If you look over his feats against, it’s certainly clear of that. Stuff like cracking a wall, breaking through the bottom of a locked wooden door, and severely harming a guy who couldn’t be put down by bullets to the head and certainly not baseline. Barry is literally hitting harder than bullets
As for stealth, it's two people wearing the same costume. Barry likely won't even know he's up against two killers at first, and both of these killers have stealth feats that include sneaking past police officers (after Sidney's first attack iirc) and sneaking around a car in complete silence.
Sneaking around police officers isn’t much compared to a guy who was directly being chased by two parties, somehow vanished from them, and easily integrated himself into a crowd that was watching the whole thing go down. He did that pretty casually. Sneaking around cop cars is child’s play, no pun intended

The two killer situation won’t be a hard conclusion to come to. This fight isn’t a movie-length story like Scream is, it’s a battle between two killer teens and a battle hardened hitman
Looking again, yeah, Lily does seem to be pretty competent lol. He did still seem pretty messed up after a few stabs to the back though, to the point he had to stop and talk. Billy and Stu, for comparison, stabbed each other multiple times and still had the energy to terrorize Sidney for another 10-ish minutes, Billy even going on to survive a gunshot wound and Stu tussling with overpowering Sidney.
He had to stop and talk for different reasons. Specifically, he didn’t want to kill those two due some story stuff. What’s more impressive is that he didn’t receive adequate medical attention and went a second round with Ronny later that day

Last edited:
Back