• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regular 9-C Tournament. Round 1 Match 1. Mike Ehrmantraut vs Barry Berkman

Mike is implied to also have served in the marines, so the experience is almost equal, besides that, he is pretty good in dealing with enemies he can't directly see, although i don't know if he would use lethal force right away in this situation

I was hoping this matchup would happen. Its kind of perfect given their shows and characters

While Mike is certainly a crafty fighter, I think I'd favour Barry here. He's shown to be a much more skilled marksman. In terms of close quarters combat, Barry was also capable of going toe-to-toe with Ronny, who for context, is an expert martial artist and nunchuck wield with a borderline comedic number of tournament trophies filling up an entire room to further signify his finesse. So whether this matchup comes down to a firefight or hand-to-hand combat, I feel as though Barry would come out on top. It also helps that he usually to utilizes lethal force in quick succession against his opponents

I do think Mike's own creativity and skill are nothing to scoff at here. I just tend think that when it comes to the way in which both would approach attacking the other, Barry has is more likely to come out on top

Voting Barry Berkman

Last edited:
I mean, in this scene a single kick of Ronny knock out him temporarily right?

Mike in other hand manage to endure a brutal beat down by Tuco (And still holded the MF in the process) Tuco would later kill a thug with a similar sequence of punches

Besides that, Mike is REALLY GOOD with pressure point, managing to defeat freaking Trevor from GTA V this mercenary in a single strike

So, while i say Barry has the upper hand in long distance i think Mike has a chance if he engage in close quarters

Don't know much about Barry, but it seems that whoever gets line of sight first wins, altough I think due to the way these two fight, it would most likely end up in some sort of ranged engagement, which from those clips alone Barry does have the advantage, Finger is very creative when it comes to handling opponents, but in this scenario there's not much he can do to outmaneuver or trick Barry, so I'm gonna vote Barry for this one

I mean, in this scene a single kick of Ronny knock out him temporarily right?

Mike in other hand manage to endure a brutal beat down by Tuco (And still holded the MF in the process) Tuco would later kill a thug with a similar sequence of punches

Besides that, Mike is REALLY GOOD with pressure point, managing to defeat freaking Trevor from GTA V this mercenary in a single strike

So, while i say Barry has the upper hand in long distance i think Mike has a chance if he engage in close quarters
No. Barry wasn’t knocked out temporarily. He was knocked down, but he sneakily attacked him after and took several serious hits from Ronny. Barry waited for Ronny to drop his guard with the phone call and attacked. Given Barry’s combat experience and mindset, this makes a lot of sense

As mentioned before, Barry took several serious hits from him. In their fight, part of the wall was cracked by Barry. Berkman not only harmed Ronny multiple times, but managed to break his windpipe. He did more damage to Ronny than a gunshot to the face did. Ronny already has some good 9-C feats himself, having killed a detective with one kick and damaging that closet door. Loach isn’t a mega athlete or anything, but I think killing a trained police detective (who are required to be physically fit for their job) with one kick is more impressive than beating an untrained thug with several punches

Tuco‘s beatdown was brutal, but Barry not only endured hits from a master martial artist as well as the daughter of that same fighter, who went on to stab him several times. Lily, for context, also trains in martial arts and has some animalistic behaviours regarding her brutality. She could bite out a chunk of a flesh from Fuches’ cheek. Keep in mind, Barry managed to fight Ronny after getting zero medical attention for his stab wounds. I think a beating from a guy like Tuco wouldn’t be as threatening to Barry as it is to Mike

Mike certainly is skilled, but a lot of his hand-to-hand attacks would be countered pretty handily by Barry. If he could land blows on, match, and counter attacks from a combatant like Ronny in two fights, I really doubt Mike’s attacks are gonna take him by surprise

Last edited:
marksmanship is a bit of a non-factor here. neither of these guys are gonna miss. physical stats matter even less. i think it's just a matter of whether or not mike gets his optional equipment here, since barry has better standard equipment. if mike does have his optional equipment i'll probably go with incon, their stats are pretty much identical aside from speed which is equal

marksmanship is a bit of a non-factor here. neither of these guys are gonna miss. physical stats matter even less. i think it's just a matter of whether or not mike gets his optional equipment here, since barry has better standard equipment. if mike does have his optional equipment i'll probably go with incon, their stats are pretty much identical aside from speed which is equal
I don't think we ever see Mike utilize other weapons besides handguns and sniper rifles, and for the last one he need preparations to proper utilize it

Supposing the battle take place in Central Park wiouth line of sight for both I suppose they will rely mostly on stealth anyways

As mentioned before, Barry took several serious hits from him. In their fight, part of the wall was cracked by Barry. Berkman not only harmed Ronny multiple times, but managed to break his windpipe. He did more damage to Ronny than a gunshot to the face did. Ronny already has some good 9-C feats himself, having killed a detective with one kick and damaging that closet door. Loach isn’t a mega athlete or anything, but I think killing a trained police detective (who are required to be physically fit for their job) with one kick is more impressive than beating an untrained thug with several punches
Could you link this scene of Ronny killing a guy with one kick?

Also speed is equalized, but that doesn’t mean it diminishes the skill gap. Based on Barry’s showings, I definitely think he’s more likely to gun down Mike. Especially if this comes down to using stealth

And just to get this concluded

BB FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back