• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Isn't speed equal by default? If not its FTL vs supersonic+ and regigigas blitzes, its not even close.
Speed is not equal by default. In fact, speed is specifically only equal if specified in the OP, which it is now lol

Anyways, what stops Thanos from just Transmuting/Mindhaxing/Possessing/Soulhaxing Regi before he can do anything and calling it a day?

Speed is not equal by default. In fact, speed is specifically only equal if specified in the OP, which it is now lol

Anyways, what stops Thanos from just Transmuting/Mindhaxing/Possessing/Soulhaxing Regi before he can do anything and calling it a day?
He could use status effect inducement to paralyse thanos, then outspeeding and crushing him with lifting strength

A lot of Thanos’ links don’t work, but I’ll assume they’re at least a hand wave or something, If not thought-based. Regigas‘ starting move is usually Hyper Beam last I checked, which is not nearly as fast, not to mention how most of his Status Effects come from Elemental Punches, not moves like Thunder Wave (at least from the moves listed on the Profile, which I assume are there because they’re the most relevant).

I don’t see how Regi’s supposed to pull off a 1-2 combo like that when it appears Thanos can kind of just Hax him away.

A lot of Thanos’ links don’t work, but I’ll assume they’re at least a hand wave or something, If not thought-based. Regigas‘ starting move is usually Hyper Beam last I checked, which is not nearly as fast, not to mention how most of his Status Effects come from Elemental Punches, not moves like Thunder Wave (at least from the moves listed on the Profile, which I assume are there because they’re the most relevant).

I don’t see how Regi’s supposed to pull off a 1-2 combo like that when it appears Thanos can kind of just Hax him away.
Wouldn't hyper beam be light-speed? If so regigigas could one-shot with hyper beam due to thanos' durability

It doesn’t matter what speed Hyper Beam is. Speed is equal, and last I checked it wasn’t nearly as fast. Speaking on the note of Thanos’ hax, since all the important links are broken, I looked at his Marvel Fandom Page, and while it’s poor in quality imo, it does tell me that it’s powers are based on ‘conscious, willed thoughts’, so at least his Cosmic Cube powers are probably thought based.

Regigigas vs Thanos
Both high 6-A
Who's the better titan??
Speed is equal

Regigigas:

Thanos:
....I just noticed. Why is the link for Regigigas in the OP a link to a GOOGLE SEARCH for Regigias's VSBW profile??

Anyway, the debate above seems to be what stops Thanos from just Reality Warping Regigigas away.

Anyone familiar with how Regigigas behaves in the anime or manga, or games where it's an individual? Its in-character move isn't very clear.

Speaking of that, the Regigigas page doesn't detail its main battle tactics. So for now, I will have to cast a vote towards Thanos. It has been stated before in the thread that Thanos uses thought-based hax for combat, so he could, for instance, transmutate Regigigas before it can do anything back, as Regigigas lacks similar capabilities. Thanos is also likely to start off with such a move, as that is one of his main battle tactics, meaning that most battles will go to Thanos, making him the winner.

I suppose I should look into this a little more....

1. Will Ultimate Marvel Thanos go into melee range? What are his Standard Tactics/Behaviour?

2. Does U.M. Thanos's behaviour change when confronting an alien (to him) monster that stands 3.7 meters tall? (12 feet 2 inches.)

(To help visualize size, a Google search finds me this image https://i1.wp.com/thecharizardlounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/regigigas_giratina_ex.jpg Though, since Altered Form Giratina is 4.5 meters tall, & I'm not sure there's an 80 cm difference there, that could just be Giratina being measure lengthwise rather than heightwise. ALSO WHY DOESN'T REGIGIGAS HAVE LARGE SIZE?!)

Also, there's a problem for Thanos:
He doesn't have any calculations, leaving him baseline, as far as I can tell, & since this is him with the Cosmic Cube, he's way above the only scaling point (U.M. Thor) that seems to be listed on his profile.
Meaning unless U.M. Thor has a scaling chain that brings him from At least 7-A (Mountain Level.) to High 6-A (Multicontinent Level), Thanos is baseline High 6-A here. But hey, surely stranger things have happened right, lol? The gap from baseline 7-A to baseline High 6-A is only, what, 43,187,600.4 (43 point 1 million times, lol. That'd be a big scaling chain multiplier to give Thor.) or so, right?

But yeah, Thanos is baseline, what about Regigigas?
Attack Potency: At least Multi-Continent level, possibly higher (Should logically be superior to the five Legendary Titans, due of having created them and being their leader, and being able to fight them even after Brandon trained them)

So it scales above the other Regis, individually, if not above all 5 of them, for creating them (But it likely created them individually.). Where do they scale?

Lifting Strength: Class Z (According to Pokédex entries, it was able to tow continents of unknown sizes. Comparable to Groudon due of being stronger than Regirock)

Groudon? Well, let's look at Groudon's page for an explanation.

Attack Potency:
Multi-Continent level, possibly higher (Comparable to Regice and Regidrago. The combined power of Regirock, Regice and Registeel was able to limit the effects of the clash between base Groudon and Kyogre in just the surrounding area)

So, the original Regi trio scale to a part of the AP of Base Groudon & Kyogre's clash, for limiting its effects in the surrounding area.

Let's look at Groudon.

Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level, possibly higher (Stated in the legend to have raised continents and fought Regirock, Registeel and Regice in the manga)

You may notice there's a calculation at the start of this justification! Yay! Let's check it out! ....It's a new & recently contested calculation, & supposedly, a recalc. But reading the comments, it does seem like Calc Group Member @KieranH10 accepted it. (Even if there was some contesting later from a non-Calc Group member who only has 2 posts to this day, about the Calc using a legend from the games & footage from the anime.) Let's try & find the original.

It was seemingly accepted for LS, It's unclear if the 2nd end was accepted. Supposedly, but it was later contested. Good thing Groudon's using a different calc for now.
Anyway, the CURRENTLY linked Calculation on Groudon's page (Which Regigigas scales to.), gives the following yields:
Groudon's LS = 2.02234524e22 KG (Class Z)

Groudon's PE = 8.2689814e26 Joules / 197.65 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)

So yeah. Regigigas scales above the Regis either individually or all together (Because it created all 5 of them.), & the original 3 Regis stopped at least a part of the effects of the clash between base Groudon & Kyogre.

At a bare minimum, this means the Hoenn Regi Trio scales to... whatever the effect was, proportional to Groudon & Kyogre's clash. Considering there were 2 of them, going all out, & it was described as accumulating, I would assume it's close to 100% of Groudon OR Kyogre (But not both.).

So Regigigas scales above either that, depending on if it's stronger than each Regi, or stronger than the whole trio put together, or stronger than ALL five put together. Meaning it's 33%+ (Stronger than one Regi individually.), 100%+ (Stronger than the whole Regi trio together.), or 167%+ (Stronger than 5 Regis, 3 of which handled the yield.).

Since it's "Comparable to Groudon", I would assume it's around the 100%+ ballpark. Plus, that's the simpler answer.

So yeah, Regigigas scales to:
Groudon's LS = 2.02234524e22 KG (Class Z)

Groudon's PE = 8.2689814e26 Joules / 197.65 Petatons (Multi-Continent level)

& since High 6-A's range is:
4.435 Petatons to 29.6 Exatons
....So if my math is right, Regigigas scales to about 44.56x baseline in Attack Potency, Striking Strength & Durability.

Not that those matter except for Durability, as I recently found out, since as said, Thanos's durability is laughable, lol.

What if I change it to MCU thanos with the infinity gauntlet? Thanos would have planet level AP and some crap durability
If you want. While I haven't seen scans or such explaining when & why Thanos uses his hax to explain it being his likely opening move (Though, I could kinda believe it since he has The Cosmic Cube.), it might be fairer. Maybe.
The problem isn't entirely the stats. But I have another post I'm typing up, so lemme get back to you on this.

Looking into behaviour, briefly on Bulbapedia:
"When Regigigas is disturbed from its slumber, it goes on a rampage and shoots powerful beams of energy. When it is befriended, however, it is calm and gentle, as seen in Pillars of Friendship!. It is able to crush targets by using its signature move, Crush Grip."

"Regigigas made its main series debut in Pillars of Friendship! at the Snowpoint Temple. J wanted to steal it, and a result, it was rudely awakened. It went on a rampage afterwards, using Hyper Beam on anything. It even used Confuse Ray to control Brandon's set of Legendary titans and force them to help it. At the end of the episode, it healed Brandon and his titans using Hidden Power to restore them from their petrification. It was then taken back to the temple to return to its slumber."

"Regigigas debuted in Giratina and the Sky Warrior. It lives in a temple in the mountains of Ten'i Village and had been asleep for centuries, subsequently having moss growing on its feet and shoulders. However, when Zero entered the Reverse World and began shattering pillars of ice within it, the glacier in front of Regigigas' temple suffered catastrophic explosions and began moving. This disturbed its slumber, rousing it into action. When Dawn's Buneary and Swinub failed to stop the glacier with the help of a large group of wild Pokémon, Regigigas appeared and commanded a herd of dozens of Mamoswine to hold the glacier back. Once the crisis was resolved, Regigigas returned to its temple. It was last seen using Hyper Beam on Team Rocket during the ending credits."

Reading about the movie, an occasion it used Crush Grip was to hold a moving glacier back.

When Regigigas was rudely awakened, it used Hyper Beam, & continued to do so when the temple it was in crashing down, doing so when it emerged from the rubble. When charged into Melee by Regirock & Registeel using Focus Punch, it grabbed them & pinned them.
It took a bunch of other attacks, before the villain of the episode interfered, stopped Brock from trying to capture it (As a means of trying to calm it down, apparently.) & it was at this point that it used Confuse Ray to control the other Regis it had been fighting. (Kinda make sense, since Confuse Ray is a flash of light, & the Regis communicate, in part, with blinking lights, IIRC. At least, in part.)

When said episode's villain's airship fired lasers at the four Legendary Titans, they used Hyper Beam. When it broke free of some "gum" that had it immobilized, as it was being attacked by a Salamence's Dragon Pulse, deflects the attack, breaking a bracelet that the villain had been using as a weapon.
"Salamence opens its mouth and a turquoise ball appears in front of it. It then fires the ball at the opponent; or, Salamence opens its mouth and a purple-black ball appears in front of it. It then shoots a black beam with purple sparks of energy surrounding it at the opponent."

After the villains left, & the heroes apologized to Regigigas for letting them awaken it, they asks it to save Brandon and the titans (They'd been petrified.). It agrees, using its powers to unfreeze them before returning to the form of an orb. (Bulbapedia ascribes the move Hidden Power to use this ability, & having not seen the episode, I'm unsure if that's accurate. It describes this instance of Hidden Power as "Regigigas's body becomes outlined in light blue, and the opponent's body glows light blue, healing or hurting it.", but since it was used to cure petrification, & IDK of it being used to attack, I doubt it'd come up in this match.)

Quote Bulbapedia: "The gang returns to the ruins of the Snowpoint Temple as the sun is setting. Brandon promises to rebuild the temple and have Regirock, Regice, and Registeel protect Regigigas so it will never be awakened again, and Maria agrees to help him."

& in Pokemon Generations, episode 1:
A Wild Regigigas emerges from under the stone floor of the entrance to Snowpoint Temple while a Pikachu & a Probopass are battling outside (I'd presume that since Snowpoint Temple is its home, they disturbed it.), raises its arms, jumps forward, backhandedly smacks away the re-approaching Probopass, barely reacts to the Pikachu's electric attack & immediately uses it other arm to swing down at the Pikachu. After Pikachu dodges this, it clasps its hands together, making a black sphere with white crackling... "electricity"(?) that expands outwards propelling the snow... which covers the screen as the scene transitions. Seemed like a powerful move (Bulbapedia describes it as "devastating".), whatever it was, but who knows?

There's a few other Regigigas, but most either don't do much notable, or in the case of Hareta's, is enough of an individual that its questionable if ITS behaviour is relevant here.

TL;DR - When environmental crisises happen, Regigigas is known to rally other Pokemon to help, & does contribute itself. When things are peaceful, it's gentle & accomodating.
If it's rudely awakened from its slumber, it spams Hyper Beam.
In melee, it responded to being charged by 2 opponents with pinning them down, a flying approach from the side was responded to with a backhand, & a small creature attacking it non-physically in front of it had it swing its arm downwards at the foe.
The only time it's known to use Confuse Ray was after it was getting worn down by the Hoenn Regi Trio, & it used Confuse Ray to have them follow its command. Since Confuse Ray is a flash of light & the Regis communicate with sounds & flashing lights, it seems unclear if it can mind control others with Confuse Ray like this, but it can probably still use Confuse Ray in a similar way to how other Pokemon do.... It's just not known to do so very much, as far as I know.
& when attacked at range, it's been known to deflect the ranged attack, which it did, seemingly to break something specific.

So yeah, my analysis says depending on how it's feeling, & depending on if Thanos is in Range of a 3.7 meter monster (Profile says Range: Extended melee range. Thousands of kilometers with projectiles and abilities.), it'll probably either use Hyper Beam, or it'll go for basic physical attacks, probably.
Moves that might be likely here include Crush Grip (Regigigas's signature move.), Knock Off (It's a slap, which Regigigas seems to do often, & Thanos is armed.), Pound, & Hammer Arm.
There's a bunch of other moves that may fit this criteria, but I haven't checked how they're depicted to see if it's similar to what Regigigas did. But then again, its actions often weren't called out as such moves. (Payback, Superpower, Dizzy Punch, Body Slam, Body Press, Revenge....)

But yeah, anyone know MCU Thanos's in-character behaviour?
Because if Thanos doesn't know how much stronger Regigigas is, & he takes even ONE attack, Thanos is very dead.

I hope this helps, all!

Last edited:
bump, it seems an interesting topic but I'm still not sure who to vote for, I understood several calculations of Regigigas but I would like more information about Thanos over the Regi, hmm :unsure:

bump, it seems an interesting topic but I'm still not sure who to vote for, I understood several calculations of Regigigas but I would like more information about Thanos over the Regi, hmm :unsure:
Well, it's now MCU Thanos with the Power Stone.
I dunno if the Power Stone will keep Thanos from being one-shot by attacks roughly several million times above his Durability. DOES The Power Stone have anything like that Thanos would use, unprompted, without knowing his opponent is so deadly to him?

Atlhough, Thanos has an advantage, since Regigigas's Speed & Offenses are roughly halved for.... Well, I'm unsure how long it's depicted as in other media, but the games depict it as 5 turns. So 5 moves of time worth of Regi being effectively half Thanos's Speed. (Presuming that's how it results, with Speed Equalized & then applying Slow Start afterwards.)

But if Regigigas is angry, it'll just be spamming Hyper Beams, & Thanos is more likely to try blocking, he may just get obliterated, unless the Power Stone can do something.

I'm going to vote for Regigigas. Thanos's Power Stone I don't think gave him the resistance and the opportunity to defeat the Regi before he KO'd him, so for me the victory belongs to the Pokémon.

What prevents this from being an incon? Either Regigigas one-shot or Thanos 'hax' him. And from the looks of it, they both start with the technique that will bring him victory.

For now, voting Incon.

Don't they open as a ranged battle? And Gigas has better ranged fighting via protect and confuse ray and stuff.

You all know that the 5-A of thanos is just applicable against giant things, is kinda like this, the bigger the target more damage the power stone will do, so to get to the 5-A tier, reggigigas would need to be as big as a moon, also slow start makes reggigas always start slower into speed equalized matches

Thanos gets slapped if he doesn’t have more stones, the power stone would not even scratch continental if used on a 12 ft tall enemy. It’s only moon level when used in a moon as said above

Back