• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn from special move animations.

Would a character that is able to survive a special move animation that ends with a character exploding into a mist of blood count toward having regen?

This question is mostly being asked do to characters from nippon verse like Larharl, Enta,and Flonne having regen from surviving the attack animation from the Nekomata's hundred cat fist skill.

Edit: I was just wanting to get this cleared up since I have seen mixed things wether or not Regenerationn from stuff like this is aloud.

Answering the question in general, depends on many things like if it was off-screen, if toon force has something to do with it or if it looks too unreliable to use. Also consistency, for example we know that Mortal Kombat humans have no regen yet still survive stuff in kombat they would need to heal from, so no one gets anything there.

For this case, this seems like what would happen if she would win a battle with her opponent, not something that happens in the middle of it, so no it doesn't count. You can see similar cases in special moves of many crossover fighting games.

I know it doesn't in game, just saying that seems to be what's aiming to represent as it cuts after that and the target is instantly ok.

Thank you for answering, and yeah this version likely would not count. though the version from4 is less a fight, and more using an attack like Kenshiro's Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken. While this would be counting as off screen regen. there are some in story stuff showing at least some demons have shown it some level of regen.

Though do to the fact that that many things that would normally count as game macanics are canon to the verse. I do not know if characters that can gain the zombie's regen evility would count.

Back