• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Tier 1 Characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Sigh... I can't believe it's come to this but it has to be brought up. Lately I've been busy with real life problems and with maintaining stuff at the main site but I can't help but notice that there seems to be a lot of Tier 1 Characters being made here. Now I don't really have a problem with having a lot of Tier 1 Characters since well I love them.

But what I seriously don't like is when they don't follow the proper rules. This is the rules and regulations for making Character Profiles. It isn't perfect but it is to be followed. Now when ya scroll down the page there is a title called "Rules and Regulations for Characters in the Tier 1 rating"

The very first rule which is stated there is "Proper format and description (The ones mentioned above). The page should be over 15,000 bytes with information (preferably about their powers and abilities) not with pics."

And from what I've gathered well a lot of the current Tier 1 profiles don't follow this rule. (If ya wish to know why this rule was made. It's there at the bottom of this message). So I'll just give a fair warning here. To the Creators of these profiles: Fix up the Tier 1 Characters to meet the current requirements otherwise I'm gonna have to delete them.

Reasons for Making the rule
Now if anyone is wondering why this rule about Tier 1 Characters was made well here it is:

Basically a VS Battle between two Tier 1 Characters depends entirely on their dimensional state as such an 11D being will always lose to a 12D (in certain circumstances this may not be the case). Now this doesn't really become a fun debate now does it. And even if two characters are on the same dimensional level we still wouldn't be able to know who wins and who loses unless their powers and abilities are very descriptive. So to even make VS Battles with Tier 1 Characters the profiles of these characters must be very descriptive and detailed.

Another reason would be the only thing the Tier 1 Characters are currently doing is gathering cobwebs as almost everyone ignores them or at least ones which aren't very descriptive.

Final reason would be Tier 1 Characters are the top dogs besides Tier 0 characters and they must have a proper detailed profile deserving of their status and power. And it really isn't interesting seeing a Tier 1 character gathering cobwebs.

Finally
Unlike for Joke Profiles there really is no limit for making Tier 1 Characters but there's still a lot of rules for them. All I ask is "Please just follow the rules for making Tier 1 Characters"...

I'll give ya guys three weeks to fix up the characters. I believe that should be enough time. But if they stay the same after three weeks have passed then well I'm sorry but I'm deleting those profiles.

Simply put fix up any and every Tier 1 Characters you have made which do not meet the requirements within the next three weeks otherwise I'm gonna have to delete them...

Every single Tier 1 Character.

The "Rules and Regulations for Characters in the Tier 1 rating" applies to all Tier 1 Characters. It doesn't matter if it's Tier 1-C, Tier 1-B, Tier High 1-B, Tier 1-A or Tier High 1-A...

All of them have to meet the requirements...

Why exactly are ya asking this...

If the Character is Tier 1 they must meet the requirements. But I guess you could say the rules apply to them more if they are infinite dimensional or beyond dimensional...

Simply click on the history of your page and you should be able to view how many bytes your page currently has...

Hmm. Looks like i didn't exactly mention to Mad Villain about the Tier 1 character requirements, now did i?

@MadVillain26: Well screw me on that part for this being late but yeah Mad, your character profiles that are ranked as a Tier 1 (even the High 1-A's) must follow those requirements or in the words of SDZiel1217: "I'm gonna have to delete them."

I may not this unless Ziel doesn't mind letting me do it, however.

I don't mind. After three weeks have passed (the amount of time given to everyone so that they may be able to fix their characters) if the profiles still don't meet the requirements then you can delete them...

@SDZiel: I don't mind either, actually. If anything, i'll let everyone here who has made tier 1 characters up to this point(with the exception of you seeing as you've taken care of yours) 3 weeks tops.

When those 3 weeks are up, i'll do an inspection to all the tier 1 to see if they've met all of the requirements or not. Of course if they do meet them, they obviously stay. If not, then they have to go.

Well three weeks are given to fix the Tier 1 Characters. If ya have any Tier 1 characters which don't meet the requirements Abbadon I'd suggest fixing it up otherwise they will be deleted. I've already deleted half of my characters which didn't meet the requirements since I won't be able to work on them for a bit...

@Perpetual: Well as long as you know what to do when you do happen to make them, your totally fine.

Damn, i forgot updating my characers...

I think that I'll re-write them later, when they're good. Sigh I am a lazy guy...

Anyway, you may delete 'em. It's my fault that I didn't fixed them by now.

@SDZiel: One question. Does a tier 1 page still has to get deleted even if it misses one requirement(like what if a page under the 15,000 btyes requirement by being a couple hundred bytes off, as in if the page in question had about like 14,900 even)?

Just check the history of the page and you should be able to see how many bytes it has on the side. About your Daniel page... I won't answer that just yet...

Well you better start doing something about it, Lasting. As much as it pains me to say this to you and everyone else on this site, just about all pages who don't meet the requirements or at least does not come close to any of them WILL be deleted.

Only ones i've seen that will stay are SDZiel's, Mad Villain's, and Leonraiden's.

Except 14,000 bytes is enormous, especially compared to the current 5,000 I have, I'd need to practically triple its length. What could I possibly add to it? I have no ideas for Attacks/Techniques, I've elaborated on all his powers, given his backstory, I legitimately can't think of anything.

I kind of agree with everlasting, 15k bytes is a bit much for a 1-a character, especially when tier 1 is when the characters get very simplified, I mean 1-a characters have just about every power imaginable, it just seems kinda useless to have that many bytes for a character like that to be honest.

@Lasting and Abbadon: But here's the thing: i wasn't the one that made that rule, Ziel did. I just went with it.

But i have recently thought just today that 15K, even 14K is alot. I mean if that rule wasn't there, it would make deletting any tier 1 page alot easier. Plus the fact that pages like Lasting's and Evenom's are like really good and descriptive.

If anything, Ziel is the one that truly needs to do something about it, not me or Abbadon. Just him.

CrossverseCrisis said:
But i have recently thought just today that 15K, even 14K is alot. I mean if that rule wasn't there, it would make deletting any tier 1 page alot easier.
Hmmmmm... removing the whole 15k bytes rule would make it so that deleting Tier 1 characters easier huh. How so? On what justifications would ya delete them then.

CrossverseCrisis said:
If anything, Ziel is the one that truly needs to do something about it, not me or Abbadon. Just him.
Hmmmm... I can mass delete all the pages which don't meet the requirements in 5 minutes...

Well I'll give ya guys a quick explanation regarding this rule.

1) I already asked for input regarding the rules right here yet only very few people actually gave me their input and there wasn't any disagreement shown.

2) The reason the byte size required for Tier 1 is so large is to prevent a massive amount of the appearing but they still appeared anyway. I'll just ask ya guys this even when the rule was there people still made character profiles like this I mean I'm not saying this profile is bad or anything but it barely has anything in it. Do ya want the wiki to filled with pages like that...

3) Why exactly are ya guys complaining right now. 3 weeks were already given to fix those damn profiles. I've already deleted most of my characters which were Tier 1 and they were all over 8K bytes whether if they were shitty profiles or not well that I don't know but I took the initiative and started enforcing this rule by deleting my characters.

You know what I don't care anymore since you guys think that 15K bytes is too big and that removing the rule would make it easier for deleting Tier 1 characters well I'll be removing that then and well do whatever ya guys want...

IDEK, Ziel. I have been getting neutral or going confused about which side to go for when it comes to things like this.

But since you have brought up your reasoning, it doesmake sense why you put up that one specific rule. It's a lot of btyes sure but it really might have been nessesary to begin with. R you starting on the deletion now cuz i'm not really busy atm to that too?

No I'm not as I've already stated in my previous comment that I'm removing the rule. If people are unable to do something then I'm not gonna force them to do it.

I'm already pissed off at this. This is probably the second time something like this has happened. So do what ya guys want with the Tier 1 characters or any characters for that matter.

Hmm. Well i will say that if a person makes a tier 1 page that is crappy and is not descriptive enough, i will delete them.

Well tbh the rule doesnt have to go, but at least it has to have some good stuff, i would say around a few thousand bytes at most as a requirement would suffice as we would not want people to make low quality pages.

And i wasn't really trying to say the rule should go. The least we could do is make the btyes requirement shorter. By how much, i don't know as that is Ziel's idea in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back