• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite Human

Andytrenom said:
By the way I don't think the versus thread point is that good either, I think the main reason for removing him would be the fact that composites aren't allowed and CH only gets away because of it's popularity, which is extremely questionable
If this is a reason for deletion, I get that.

But to even use SBA as an argument is fallacious at best. And unfortunately, it's nearly half of the OP.

FDE2FD06-AF3C-4B13-82D6-267C0B2A5818
Well, that could have been worded better I guess, so that was partially my fault, but I explained what I meant and counted your vote, so we should be good.

I said I was neutral. If you can find me a verse that uses CH as a reference I'm fine with it staying.

Despite CH not fulfilling that?

...Hol up, I've got to read up about this, the argument about reference.

(Admittedly, CH actually does offer a lot of information about different 9-C and 9-B feats, along with different things humans are capable of. I've found myself using it as a resource from time to time.)

I'm not feeling super strong either way, but I'd rather be on the side of deletion.

Popularity shouldn't be a factor in stuff like that. We don't allow fanfic characters even if they're extremely popular, we have no reasons to do it here. We're still trying to keep a minimum amount of strictness, and not allowing huge exception like that just because it's popular goes against that.

Also no, "reference" isn't a good argument because nothing like composite human exists in the real world.

At best we might be able to make a general "human" profile that has the weapons of Composite Human, but not the silly physical stats.

I disagree with this. The idea of a Composite human character has been floating around for ages so it has a purpose to be here unlike other composite profiles

Yellowpig10 said:
I disagree with this. The idea of a Composite human character has been floating around for ages so it has a purpose to be here unlike other composite profiles
Despite the fact that thought experiments and the like are banned?

Anyways, now that SBA as an argument is out of the way-

May I ask, why is it that we're so strict on CH's genre in general? Like, yes, the rules exist, no thought projects, strict on composites, etc. But why?

Yellowpig10 said:
Why are they banned
I don't actually know and I kind of wish they weren't, but there was a big thread and it was agreed philosophical entities and thought experiments were not kosher

Moritzva said:
Anyways, now that SBA as an argument is out of the way-

May I ask, why is it that we're so strict on CH's genre in general? Like, yes, the rules exist, no thought projects, strict on composites, etc. But why?
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just the one making sure we conform to standards

@Yellowpig10

The main reason is the sloppy analyze of the thought experiments' subjects, senselessly combining all the statistics and profiles into one.

Because it's, to be quite blunt, ******* dumb.

Even having real life profiles is sorta questionable, but thoughts experiments are literally fictional ideas. They aren't part of real life by any stretch.

And if you want to use to use the "fiction" part to create it as a fictional character...Then you'd need to justify "Thought Experiment" as a verse, which is dumb.

I think whether or not thought experiments should be a verse would have to be its own thing tbh

It would be cool if we had a thought experiment wiki as another sister site..

Alright, Saikou, and I can agree that Thought Experiment as a verse would be weird and dumb.

Except CH has a verse- The Real World. Which, regardless, has been a massive reference for a lot of things.

But that's a bit off topic-

CH is... an odd case. But, besides "They are the rules!", why exactly is he a problem? What does he do that creates issues?

@Saikou The Lewd King

This is a bit rude. Please, explain your reason of why Composite Human should be deleted.

The main problem for the thought experiments verse as a whole is that the experiments aren't required to be a part of some certain plot, even an excuse one.

Right, but-

What has CH actually done that's a problem, besides "But it's the rules."

ThePerpetual said:
If Composite Human is to be axed from VsBW, at any rate, I'd ask it be transferred to FC/OC rather than deleted outright.
This seems like a good idea, yes.

I am neutral btw. I don't particularly mind if the profile is removed or not.

I recall that Promestein doesn't want the composite real world profiles to be on FC/OC Wiki, and that the only really reason Composite Human stayed was solely because he was such a fan favorite character. We could ask Prom again anyway, but last I checked, I think she preferred if we moved it to Joke Battles Wiki.

I want to say it again-

Besides "the rules say so", what are the problems with Composite Human? What core issues made those rules? Do those apply to Composite Human?

In any case, I agree that it should be removed from here but that it be shifted to either FC/OC or Joke Battles instead.

if it does get the axe which i really don't want. then it should be FC/OC instead of JBW. as someone who is on joke battles every day it's basically a wasteland. very few new fights are done and when they are it's usually with old pages. being sent there would be a death sentence

Composite Human is in a limbo where it fits in none of the three at the same time, if we take it as not accepted here.

FCOC is for fan characters/characters that maybe just aren't popular enough for the wiki/OCs. Composite Human would stand out against the likes of SOLSTICE and Valev and shit.

JBW is... JBW, so yea.

Honestly, from a general perspective? He actually fits here best out of the trio, imo. Jokes Battles Wiki is for jokes, and FCOC is for a lot of things that he isn't.

(Just a side note, by the way. I'm still waiting before I continue contention.)

Moritzva said:
I want to say it again-

Besides "the rules say so", what are the problems with Composite Human? What core issues made those rules? Do those apply to Composite Human?
I think it just isn't part of what this particular site is meant for. We index fictional stories for the most part, make just one exception for the Real World (which CS wouldn't actually belong to) and debatabley mythology, although it's a huge can of worms to discuss whether they are an exception or actually just fictional stories.

A site not allowing something it wasn't built or adapted to feature, is nothing more than a matter of its premise, there aren't straight up dangers to having the profile like there would be for major religious works or ****, it's just not what we deal with, simple as that

We index fictional stories for the most part, yea, but do we lose anything from having him? As you've said, there aren't really any dangers to allowing Composite Human. And if something isn't actually doing anything wrong or harmful, why change it?

I believe someone mentioned that CH was closer to an exception- whether this is a good or bad thing is debatable, but Composite Human really isn't a problematic character. The reasons for removal, in a sense, are "Well, that's just how it is."

But why is it that way? And do those reasons apply to Composite Human? Because if those reasons do, and it can be proven such, then he should be removed. But it really doesn't seem that way.

Back