• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Saber's Avalon

It's sound's more like super-dimensional barrier. It doesn't matter what kind of attack is used against it and what power level (the same as God's Hand) as long as certain condition is not met - it's unpenetrable. The main issue: is Saber's Prana and inability to attack under its protection. I can't say it will help her vs opponents who can attack in rapid succession. So it surely is not durability.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
While this is technically protection from other attacks, this should by no means count as durability. It's more a form of self BFR, as Saber can't attack during it so it shouldn't really matter. It should be noted on the profile, but not included in durability, and also not really usable in battles to the death.
I'm also sort of skeptical about it having no time limit.
I disagree on being unusable in battles to the death. Against an opponent with high cost or single use abilities, this could be a game changer. Against a character who simply outclasses her... not so much. It's the ultimate defense only really useful against an opponent's super move.

But yes. It's not really durability.

MagnusXL said:
I disagree on being unusable in battles to the death. Against an opponent with high cost or single use abilities, this could be a game changer. Against a character who simply outclasses her... not so much. It's the ultimate defense only really useful against an opponent's super move.

But yes. It's not really durability.
This is true.

I'm fine with Avalon's healing aspect being used in battles, the invulnerability, not so much.

Avalon is clearly has a time limit because Saber can move while it is activated. Since she does not move with it ON it drains a lot of Prana.

I don't remember it having any sort of time limit or her not moving because it drains prana (I remember her being unable to move at all when locked inside Avalon). Care to link us a source?

Even passive ability of Avalon drain Prana from Saber. And in one translation (mistranslation?) it was called portable mobile fortress like NP.

Avalon was draining mana constantly against Gilgamesh in Fate route, it drains Saber's mana when used for healing(Irisviel/Kiritsugu/Shirou and her own wounds were healed because Avalon uses Saber's mana) and it naturally also drains her when using hax.

I don't agree with it being counted as durability since it's clearly not durability, Avalon/Saber are not "tanking" anything. She's just out of reach so she can't get rekt by some oponents(some hax like MEoDP or similar should be able to bypass it by killing that "distance"). I'm not against it being added in Avalon's description, but yes against it being added to "durability". And about "Possibly Low Complex Multiverse level" couldn't it be edited to "Unknown Possibly Low Complex Multiverse level" ?

Still between yes or no it doesn't really matter to me from a "vs" POV since anyone stronger/equal(or weaker depending on the character and circumstances) than Saber would be able to kill her when her mana runs out, when she materializes to attack or just tank her excaliblast without problem. So it's not like it makes her any more effective in battles or puts her in a wank tier of some sort, which is good.

I do not agree that MEoDP bypasses Avalon in the slightest. Avalon is safe against all 5 true magics and freaking EA, all of which are on the level of TYPEs (far beyond what the MEoDP can effect).

It's a clash of concept. No use arguing there methinks.

It's like Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object.

Yamatohime said:
MEoDP should work because of thwir mechanics. There is one problem though - Avalon is not bodytight.
I mentioned MEoDP because it can kill "distances" so it should be able to reach avalon by killing the "distance". Of course it would need a powerful user, not "Anemic MEoDP newbie with half a life exhausted after killing Arcueid Shiki Tohno".

Yea, but in the Nasuverse age means a lot so Saber's Avalon concept should be a lot higher. It was also made by the Fae so that means a lot too.

Of course, if you mean Akasha by "MEoDP" that's a different thing entirely.

Back