• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding more than one 2-A cosmology

Let's just say a verse has three 2-A Multiverse that have been stated and shown to be separated from each others, is baseline 2-A range enough to affect all three 2-A Multiverse at once?

I recall there were multiple threads discussing Tier 2-A, and I know the conclusion was having more 2-A Multiverse doesn't makes your AP to be above baseline, but does that includes the range as well, or more specifically, abstracts characters that encompassed more than a single 2-A Multiverse?

Madoka Multiverse isn't 2 anymore though

Anyway, I made this thread because there is a user that claims baseline range is enough to affect multiple and SEPARATES 2-A Multiverse, which is a quite dumb tbh.

I have notify some admin/sysop, but they aren't here yet.

I mean, if affecting 3 multiverses only requires baseline range, then shit like DnD might get affected quite alot since their cosmology is big as ****.

from what I remember unless the verse treats effecting multiple 2-A realms as greater then 1 it is only higher 2-A range and has to use a scaling chain, and multipliers to find out how high into 2-A they are.
stuff like D&D still seems to treat effecting multiple 2-A realms as greater then 1. so they would unquantifiably higher then baseline.

That's what I thought.

Imagine a cosmology of a verse is like a hotel with Infinite number of rooms. Each of these rooms are 2-A in size and separates from each other. Baseline 2-A range should only be able to cover just one room, not the others.

It's act in same way as low-2C compare to 2-C or 2-A ? , if low-2C is an single 2-A and 2C and higher is multiple 2-A separately

I would assume no, but not sure about it.

Might depend on how the verse treats the multiverses, in Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru!, the existence of infinite parallels worlds spawn off 1 master world, separate worlds are different with their own infinite universes.

Going within the infinite parallel worlds is treated as different from going from 1 multiverse to the next. The summoning spell for the latter is said to be far greater than the former, so i don't think a a baseline range would be able to affect everything.

So, the way the question is phrased in the OP is a bit misleading.

This issue was brought with Yogiri Vs. PMMM characters where there was an argument presented by PMMM supporters that characters with size larger than the range of their opponent's hax, couldn't be fully affected by the hax, Even hax such as EE and Death Manipulation.

And my opposition to this was given in my example; A character who is the size of a solar system would still be Erased by EE which only has 100km range under SBA. Similarly, they would still die to Death Manipulation with the same range.

Beasts' counter was that the EE or Death would only be erasing/killing part of them and to say it would kill/erase things outside of it's range, even if those things are intrinsically connected via all being the essence of one being, is NLF.

A character who is the size of a solar system would still be Erased by EE which only has 100km range under SBA

Dude, an attack which can only spread out for 100km range ain't gonna kill Planet sized character, let alone Solar System. Because guess what? They can only spread out for 100km.

Beasts' counter was that the EE or Death would only be erasing/killing part of them and to say it would kill/erase things outside of it's range, even if those things are intrinsically connected via all being the essence of one being, is NLF

It is NLF because Yogiri only shown to be baseline 2-A. It is like saying a character with concept hax type 2 and Low 2-C range can kill someone with 2-A Abstract type 1 JUST because they were connected. The concept hax only has low 2-C range, and even if it did can spread out, said concept hax would takes forever to spread out and it still won't be able to kill the character with 2-A because you have to destroy all the abstraction SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Last edited:
Beast_Zero_Gudako is correct, the ability has to show the range to be able affect something, solar system sized, not the other way around.

Just cause you can erase something from existence doesn't mean you can erase anything from existence regardless of its size, that's a NLF.

If you only have a 100km range and something is so massive its as big as a solar system, that 100km of itself that got erased would be so minuscule in comparison to itself, would be like one of its hair strands got pulled out, not enough damage to do anything meaningful to it.

Beast_Zero_Gudako is correct, the ability has to show the range to be able affect something, solar system sized, not the other way around.

Just cause you can erase something from existence doesn't mean you can erase anything from existence regardless of its size, that's a NLF.

If you only have a 100km range and something is so massive its as big as a solar system, that 100km of itself that got erased would be so minuscule in comparison to itself, would be like one of its hair strands got pulled out, not enough damage to do anything meaningful to it.
This would be correct if you had added a very small but very important line:

depending on the mechanics of the ability

Depending on how the ability works it may not give a crap about your size.

depending on the mechanics of the ability

Depending on how the ability works it may not give a crap about your size.
This is plausible as long as said ability shown the feat to do that.

Example: If an EE has Low 2-C range being used against a character with 2-A size, said EE doesn't magically spread out to 2-A range instantly, they has to spread out throughout the 2-A Multiverse one by one, so it would takes them literally forever that it might not affects the 2-A sized character at all.

I think he means in refrence to an ability not needing to affect the whole thing to work.

For instance, Yogiri can direct instant death on a very small part of someone's body and still end up killing them.

Or something.

Let me know if I got that right @Firephoenixearl
Range feat are always required though long before forum move.

This was the main reason why Puella cannot beat Lavos back when they were still baseline 2-A (Because they couldn't reach the Lavos that was outside of the Multiverse, even though Homura's splitting Madoka through her Avatar which was connected to her abstraction, we don't assumed back then she can reach Lavos that was outside of the Multiverse by afffecting one of its dupe body).

Pretty much. Whether the EE can work on something large or not depending on the mechanics. This is about the largest thing it can affect, not to be confused with "how far it can affect something".

Back