• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding "Infinitely above" Statements

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this is something that I was wondering. How exactly do we treat such statements? I am moreso talking about Tier 2 and above.

The obvious answer is that they are hyperbole and shouldn't be used to say "my character is infinitely above baseline", but moreso to say "my character is vastly more powerful than this character who performed this feat".

However, one could also say that these should be taken seriously and place a character much higher on a tier. I'm in agreement moreso with the former.

Of course I know these statements will not place you on a new tier, just higher on the tier said character is on.

What does everyone else think?

It may be a lazy answer, but case by case basis is the name of the game here, where we just need to see if the statement is one of two things.

1. Hyperbole, but still an indication of immense superiority.

2. Literal.

The problem is that these "literal" statements can also simply mean "immensely more powerful".

If this is about Bo-bobo, it isn't just statements, there are infinite amps. Like, the Bo-bobo Monster House technique causes him to become more powerful the more Kaijin that he makes. Then he says he can make an infinite number of Kaijin. Then he makes them all. Then he absorbs all the power from the technique.

Then there is a character who has a higher level of power with single tofu blocks. Then he shows he has created and can control and infinite number of these tofu blocks. Then he absorbs them all, and then they adapt to him through willpower.

So it isn't just statements of this magnitude, but actual amps.

I am honestly not sure, but didn't we redefine our standards for this in a discussion recently?

Back