• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding High Godly Regenerationn

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Sort of continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1094277

So this is the common question, how does one qualify for High-Godly?

From our Regen Page:

High-Godly: Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased and the reality you are within is destroyed.
The Problem
Now the issue is, what is defined as "reality" here? Is it the entire verse, including higher dimensions? Is it a singular timeline? What does this refer to?

I know we have been on a "simplify these definitions" crusade, however this is needed as these descriptions have caused confusion countless time. And it is an issue.

We have these characters who have High-Godly for reasons that may or may not be legitimate.

We also have characters who either had High-Godly or are trying to get High-Godly, for various reasons.

These issues all revolve around the fact that we don't know what the requirements for "reality" are. As such many of these guys with High-Godly could just have high level Mid-Godly and such.

So what are our exact requirements? And how can we simplify them for a new user can understand?

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

From the last thread:

"Mid-Godly: Able to regenerate even after every aspect of the mind, body, soul, and consciousness, are erased from existence.

High-Godly: Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased and the reality you are within is destroyed.

True Godly: Able to regenerate from being erased on a level beyond the confines and concept of dimensions themselves. Only tier 1-A characters and above can qualify for this level. However, this does not mean that they have this degree of Regenerationn per default. They must be erased at their own level and still come back in order to qualify."

So it would seem like regen above complete existence erasure, but below outerversal level destruction. I'd say a 2-C to High 1-B reality but I'm not sure about the low end.

Js250476 said:
So to be High-Godly you just need to come back from being erased from existence along with the universe or multiverse you inhabit?
That doesn't really sound like good reasoning considering you aren't bound by your Universe/Multiverse, At least not in some fiction.

Okay, In my opinion:

High Godly regen: If you are destroyed along all dimensional levels you exist in (of course this needs you to be 4D or above). 4D characters would get this if they were destroyed along a 4D multiverse. 5D characters if they are destroyed alongside all 5 dimensions. And the list goes till infinity.

I don't think complete dimensional destruction is necessary. You're still regenerating from a uni/multiverse meeting it's end with you along for the ride. As long as you're not say, regenerating inside an existent universe, it should be fine.

Your deffinition of reality is really small, bruh. Any of that classifies for Mid godly. Chara and White face's is literally that.

Why wouldn't complete dimensional destruction be necessary? We're already past the point of your consciousness/existence/soul being poofed, which is higher dimensional stuff.

PaChi2 said:
Your deffinition of reality is really small, bruh. Any of that classifies for Mid godly. Chara and White face's is literally that.
Chara gets said regen for an entirely different reason. I forget White Face's reason for downgrade, but it was legitimate.

Of course, before Cal brings it up, how would this effect Lavos who is making said attempt to High-Godly.

These types of policy threads should always be staff only, in order to ever lead to any form of conclusions. As such, I have moved it, and deleted various comments.

In any case, this is not a very complicated issue. High Godly means that a character is able to regenerate if the level of reality that it occupies is destroyed, which is generally defined by the tier.

We cannot demand that a 3-D character should be able to regenerate on an 11-D level, as its existence simply does not reach that high in the first place.

So the dimension you exist in to ∞D, depending on the character.

Bill Cipher I believe is only 2D, yet his regen only goes up to mid-godly, so I'm unsure if anything goes below 4D, 3 space + 1 time.

Btw WF's regen was changed due to unrelated reasons. It just has been blamed on his Non-Corporeality instead of Regen. Much like Chara with Abstract Existence.

@Matt

I wouldnt let 3D beings obtain High godly for the fact that Low godly regen is enough to bypass simple universal destruction.

Depends on the context, actually. It could be the erasure of a universe in a sense that it is also erasing the souls of all beings in it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Depends on the context, actually. It could be the erasure of a universe in a sense that it is also erasing the souls of all beings in it.
It will be a case by case, so yeah. I agree.

Okay, but should characters who are already nonexistent and Regenerate after being destroyed via Nonexistence Erasure have High-Godly Regenerationn? Given they are essentially coming back from being erased from the state Mid-Godly Regenerators come back from (Nothingness)

a.k.a they are basically Regenerating from Mid-Godly Regen Negation

Low godly is enough to survive a universe bust, if we're talking about physical destruction. A universe being erased (which likely includes its S/T), would be high-godly (I think), as the 4 dimensions are gone. Erasure of the souls in the universe would only be mid-godly regen.

@Ever

Why though? They are basically regenerating from something that negates Mid-Godly regen

Also...

Gets Erased from Existence and comes back from Nothingness = Mid-Godly

Gets erased from both existence and nonexistence (the state Mid-Godly regenerators come back from) but Regenerates from it = Still Mid-Godly

...?

Mid-Godly is a very broad thing bud.

Even right now it's either regenerating from the destruction of your body and soul, the erasure of your existence, or the destruction of your entire concept.

Erasing nonexistence doesn't strictly negate Mid-Godly.

@Ever

Why erasing the state Mid-Godly regenerators come back from doesn't negate it? L

Coming back from non-existence = mid-godly

Coming back from being erased beyond that = likely still mid-godly, unless the dimension is erased

This is how it seems.

But then you're no longer a part of the dimension, and you're no longer part of the place you're apart of which is a place apart of the dimension you were in, so you're twice removed from the dimension. Hmmmmmmmmm. Void manipulation?

@Ever

Also. The examples of Mid-Godly Regenerationn you mentioned are still below regenerating from being erased from Existence and Nonexistence, all of them result in the same thing: You goes to nothingness. But Regenerating from Nonexistence Erasure goes beyond that, it basically erases the Nothingness Mid-Godly regenerators come back from, but you can regenerate from it just fine

I would appreciate if we try to stay on topic, and think that I and Matthew already answered the initial question regarding what our standards are for high godly Regenerationn.

@ultima

Show scans (or make a CRT) of whatever it is you're talking about, you're confusing everyone with your non-non-existence regen >.>

Personally, I think that the initial issue has been resolved, and that we should just decide on how to make the explanation for High Godly easier to understand in the Regenerationn page.

As for True Godly, DarkLK designed our tiering system to start with, and is our foremost expert. He strongly disagreed with using "regenerating from nonexistence" as a definition, so we are not going to change the standard that he defined.

Back