• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Franchises

We need more context than that.

Fate/Kaleid PRISMA Illya is technically a "fanwork" in the context of the Nasuverse, but since it's being officially published by the company, it's gotten pages.

What about this "fanwork" makes it notable?

It was? Quite surprised by that actually.

That would be the franchise of Touhou Genso Wanderer being ported into PS4. I was treating it like an entirely different canon and was mostly thinking "probably not" but then again if even PRISMA Illya could get that...

@Core

If it's an entirely self-contained alternate timeline, I don't see why not.

Awesome! Well there's also another one I was going to add in that case, Scarlet Curiosity which involved a Solar System inside a basement and uh... Will work on that.

A single man starting an entire foundation of franchises : D

But glad I brought this up.

Now excuse me as I wank Yukari's statement about catching Outer Gods to the max

Wait, I know TF2 was a mod, but what was it a mod for?

Somehting a little off topic, why we consider Red vs Blue (Machinima) as viable/official page when is a Fanwork and even after 15 seasons is still considered Fanwork?

I do not remember so well, but apparently Red vs Blue is an extremely popular/notable series, that has turned into an independent entity, and is even featured in Wikipedia. We did not use to allow it, but I was eventually convinced othervise.

So only a very popular series could have pages, no matter the quality? I mean for the Red vs Blue is kinda understandable because at least its selled as Its own thing but still is considered by Rooster Teeth as a Halo Machinima.

It's more so, published and/or famous franchises made by published and/or notable companies are allowed here. RWBY for example is not only very popular, it was also made by a popular company, Rooster Teeth. So RWBY and Red Vs Blue still technically count as published works; they're kind of in the same category as various indie games such as Shovel Knight and Undertale.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Red vs Blue and RWBY do have stories, characters and stuffed like that, so they're allowed. But any of the Creepypasta, YouTube Poop, or MLG stuff belong at Joke Battles Wiki. And it is true that RvB started as just a Halo spoof, but much of the characters there are actually quite original.

Edit: It also doesn't have to be a super mainstream franchise; cult classics are just as legit as the more iconic ones, as long as they're an actual series as mentioned above and also an actual published work.

Back