• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Dugtrio

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aguila At the same time that doesn't disprove or proven the fact of the Earthquake that came from a Dugtrio that it could realistically replicate that of a irl earthquake. If we going by that kind of irl logic which we using the logics that came from the games, anime series, and even the manga series for that matter. This verse for the most part defy real life logic.

The hole arguments here are so...

I mean, any other argument that try to justify Dugtrio using "MAGnituDe 10" is automatically discarded.

Second, again, why assume that those earthquakes are Island level. From all the levels that exist, why 6-C?

Again, a 3 miles earthquake was calc'd at MCB (not even MCB+)

So why Dugtrio's is going to be any different?

Dugtrio must be downgraded.

Starkiller215 said:
I accept Dugtrio can create real earthquakes based on his dex entry, what I'm against is the leap of logic that is required to grant him magnitude 10 earthquakes just because he learns a move of the same name when said move lacks properties of a real one.

Just because games aren't always 100% realistc doesn't mean we have to throw logic out every time.

The reason we are having this argument comes from the assumption that the Mag 10 figure is realistic to begin with.

It use the seismic energy of a tremor.

Wanna use that for Dugtrio, do it. It would be lower than the calc I posted in the OP tho.

@Aiden Hmmmmm it seems I have to check on something anyway. Also one more thing, the question goes with the fact that doesn't the planet has natural tremors both in-game and out of game excluding Pokemons that knows Earthquake and Magnitude?

So let me get this straight as of now. We don't take in account the natural tremors that the Planet from Pokemon should have at least consider it has a core after all and the fact Groudon shaped and formed continents going by his feats and Pokedex alone. In any case, I will take a break from doing this as I exhausted my energy to debate.

Why not use the other potential ends for Dugtrio, which are around Small City to Mountain level. Its more consistent with other rating.

If we're going with magnitude, then I'd rather go with the highest percent chance of triggering as Dugtrio's (and every other pokemon with it as a learnable move by level) AP.

Gemmysaur said:
If we're going with magnitude, then I'd rather go with the highest percent chance of triggering as Dugtrio's (and every other pokemon with it as a learnable move by level) AP.
Scaling from Magnitude is discarded.

Darkanine said:
Why not use the other potential ends for Dugtrio, which are around Small City to Mountain level. Its more consistent with other rating.
Not really...

@Aiden It is the only compromise that will make that more consistent as of now than we have for Dugtrio currently. Not to mention where is this calc that supposedly involve a three mile earthquake when it have differences in soils and even taken account of how much damage it actually does.

Oh. Ohhh. My bad. People were discussing magnitude that I forgot about the original post.

Yeah, I agree with the downgrade.

So, does anybody want to perform the downgrade, so we can close this thread?

Thanks. Are other characters scaled from this?

Okay. You can tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back