• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Awakening, and Fates

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So I have this suggestion for the characters in the Fire emblem games where changing classes is possible. So to cut to the chase, shouldn't the characters in those games have abilities of different classes?

And before any of you can ask it, I'll answer your question, no I'm not suggesting that ALL the playable characters should have ALL the classes in the game, and therefore ALL the skills they can achieve in those respective classes. What I'm suggesting is that the characters in those games should have access to abilities in classes that are more suited to who they are.

Here's some example: Chrom should gain abilities that are from the swordmaster, or the hero class, or MAYBE the assassin class since they're mainly involving swords: Chrom's default weapon, and someone like Hinoka should have abilities of classes that mainly involve around winged creatures since that's the type of warrior she's portrayed as in the game, and someone like Tharja would have abilities from classes that are mainly focused on dark magic since dark magic is her bread and butter.

1. I believe that might be considered for Donnel when his profile is created, but I'm honestly fine with this, I'm unsure how this would work with children, Robin, and Corrin

2. I was thinking just secondary classes

3. No, secondary classes are the only things that should be considered

The problem with this logic is that it's not in-character for Chrom to learn the skills of a Thief, much less an Assassin.

In addition, he's never shown using Astra in the story nor are we to asssume that he regularly changed classes to earn new skills.

As for Donnel, I suppose this would be fine since he doesn't really have a "canon" class path. The same would go for Sacred Stones' Super Trainees (albeit they don't really have much in the way of skills outside of a few classes).

Back