• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Artificial Intelligence and Resistance to Mind Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Do AI's get a resistance/immunity to Mind Manipulation by default? Or is it only when they are a robot?

By A.I., do you mean physical manifestation of a computer program or robot? Either way, I think manipulating the mind of an A.I. would fall more so under Data Manipulation or Information Manipulation then Mind Manipulation, since their minds are so vastly different then organic minds.

Yeah, so would that mean Mind Manipulation won't work? Only Data/Information Manipulation would work? If so, then the Appmon need an upgrade.

Essentially that's what I think so. The Mind Manipulator in question needs to have showings of being able to manipulate A.I.s minds for us to say he can do so, otherwise we should assume he can't. I hope this makes sense, I'm kind of tired.

Basically what Dark said.

The vast majority of telepathic/mind control abilities are designed to affect organic (or sometimes in even more specific cases, humans specifically). As a result, we can usually assume that robots are immune to conventional mind manipulation unless the user has shown the ability to affect technology as well.

Depends on the mind manipulation.

1. Organic mind manip (Using the brain and all) certainly won't affect them.

2. Mind manip based on some ethereal "mind" (Like those verse that can kill people on a mental level), I'm less sure. But probably not..?

3. Mind manip based on perception rather than directly affecting the mind would still affect them. As an example, let's just say a female character with a "charm" aura that mind manips people into submission. If an AI has the same thought pattern as a human, it'd be affected.

Also the Digimon looks organic af. Are we sure they are truly data even when fighting organic beings?

Yes. Matter of fact Appmon (Not Digimon. They are natural iirc) are constantly referred to as Artificial Intelligence.

B-But they're physical. H-How can they be made out of data yet still be physical. Even the entire internet worth of data weights only a strawberry.

Because, Digimon logic. But if there is anything consistently shown it's that Digimon are Digital beings no mater that. However, they notably lack genders (despite the designs) and reproductive organs. We have 2 blog for this actually. We be prepared. Ovo

@Saikou

Which is really odd, given that Digimon can produce new Digi-Eggs together.

Digimon is....odd to say the least. I guess they just transfer data and have a child?...But Digimon have shown to not understand human attraction.....This is one of the Digimon great mysteries. ovo

@Dragon

Now I'm wondering what would happen if two broken Digimon (i.e. Lucemon and Lilithmon) had a child together. Would it be one of their baby forms or a hybrid of the two?

That's something that would be interesting to explore to say the least. Like will we actually get new hybrid Digimon?...

@Dragon

Most of our Hybrids have been DNA Digivolved/Jogressed (i.e. Paildramo) or forcibly melded together artificially (i.e. Kimeramo), but it would be interesting to see what the child of two famously powerful Digimon would be like.

As long as they're nothing like Breinhard Beydrich (why was that even a thing...)

Anyways, we seemed to have derailed quite a bit. Should I close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back