• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Refuting the Kars vs Cinder fight

I don't know if I should post this here, because this isn't a fight in itself, merely my opinion of one already happened.

This thread Presented Ultimate Kars vs Fall Maiden Cinder (speed equalised), with Cinder winning due to two main reasons:

1) AP - Cinder is around Large Town Level while Kars is around Multi City Block Level. Cinder's flames are hotter than lava, while Kars' armour was only able to survive lava, so Cinder could burn through it. It's also claimed Cinder could easily vapourise Kars so that he cannot regenerate, like she did with Pyrrha.

2) Suicidal overconfidence - Ultimate Kars would be overconfident to the point of suicidal due to his belief that his newfound powers make him indestructible. Again, Cinder could easily burn through his armour.

However, my point here, is that these two feats are not enough for Fall Maiden Cinder to overcome Ultimate Kars. Because:

1) Sure Cinder could burn through Kars and his armour, but her attacks (at least initially) should not be enough to kill him.

If we are going to factor in Kars' normal behaviour for this fight (his overconfidence), then we must also factor in Cinder's normal behaviour - She is also overconfident and has a knack of toying with her opponents. Most likely she would not be going all out at the start of the fight, and one could assume her initial attacks would only ("only" being a relative term) be strong enough to vapourise part of Kars' body after burning through the armour.

But even if Kars were to lose most of his body to Cinder's attacks, he would still regenerate - the base Pillar men can easily survive with only a head, or even just a nervous system(though briefly) - and Ultimate Kars can transform his body at will, including grow mass/body parts. An arrow shot anywhere to Kars' body would do nothing.

2) Yes, Kars is suicidally overconfident, but only because he believes he is indestructible, at least by his enemies' standards. The moment he realises he's against an enemy with enough AP to disintegrate his body (ie; after the first attack), he'll most likely start behaving like his old self (more careful, methodical) only with even more intelligence.

Now, onto the deciding factors:

Stamina ― Kars' Hamon is weaker than Cinder's Aura, however, it's still stated to be roughly comparable to the Sun, so isn't far off from Cinder's flames. But the crucial advantage Kars has is stamina ― while Cinders' is limited, Kars' is not. All Kars needs to do is find a way to outlast Cinder. Every attack Kars lands on Cinder will deplete her Aura (especially with his solar-power Hamon). Meanwhile Kars will continually regenerate from any damage he sustains, with negligible stamina loss. And humans need food, water and sleep, which Kars can survive much longer without it, so there's that.

Intelligence ― Obviously. Cinder is very intelligent, no question. But Kars is on another level. Even in his base, he is brilliant even compared to the other Extraordinary Genius Pillar men. After his transformation, the only way the Extraordinary Genius Joseph Joestar could outwit Kars was by sheer luck. Anyone less intelligent would have virtually no chance, save for extreme luck.

After coming to terms with a foe whom he realises could vapourise him if he were careless, Kars would, like stated above, resort to strategizing. If he already surpasses the absolutely brilliant Joseph Joestar in this regard, then Cinder is in massive trouble.

So yeah. It'll be a tough fight, but Kars should win more often than not. Feel free to discuss or disagree in the comments. Thanks guys!

Good lord this reasoning is huge

I can remake the fight if this is enough to get it removed if you wish

Methinks Weekly making at least one argument here would be a better idea then making a thread before a single argument comes in

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm not sure if I'd want the original thread removed. I wanted to share some support for Kars' side of the fight, and why I think he'd most likely win. I would've argued on the thread but I couldn't post there since it was locked, so here I am :)

Back