• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This is a battle of who's cooler ovo

Round 1: Game Red vs Adventures Tai

Round 2: Adventures Red vs Tri Tai

Round 3: Composite Red vs Composite Tai

Fine. Who do you think is a better representative for Pokemon? Ash?

Code:
Misty? Cynthia? Lance? Silver? Gold/Ethan? Should it just be Pikachu vs Agumon?

I meant as an icon and through awesomeness. Not a versus match. Note how this is in Fun and Games.

Wait, seriously? I didn't expect that. I thought people loved Agumon, or at least on a comparable level to Pikachu. The match wouldn't be through popularity, though, as that's an easy win for the Pokemon side.

Tai has a personality and real flaws. He's brash, somewhat self-centered and endlessly adventurous, yet at the same time, when he's initially faced with actual life or death situations, he starts to freak out (as a kid would do). He grows into a more unfailingly brave kid as the show goes on, yet develops new flaws and traits.

Red on the other hand is stoic and straight up boring. As controversial as it may be, I think Ash is a far better protagonist than Red.

I watched the clip thinking about the band. I watched a little bit and instantly thought "Holy s***! That's Tai!?!"

I preferred the art style in Adventure and 02 honestly. It was more stylized, rough and unique. The watercolor backgrounds were beautiful in their own way and the characters all looked unique from one another. TRI looks more generic, if you showed me a picture of Mimi in TRI without prior knowledge of who it was, I'd never guess it was Mimi from Adventure.

I did like the Digimon's redesigns though, they look more dynamic and cuddly. I like some of the new human designs too. Taichi looks right, Joe looks awesome and Izzy looks natural.

Yeah there artstyle was unique, but y'know it just didn't feel right. That's likely why I liked Savers so much.

I dunno, Agumon looked wierd to me. But I'll get used to it. I just want our badass animations back. That's what made Digimon..well...Digimon.

@ Dragon The only new digimon design that I felt "meh.. doesn't look that great" about Is angewomon, other than that I generally like them all. I agree with ya on their evolution animation, I'm a little bit annoyed we haven't had a warp digivolution yet. (It could really have helped during those last few minutes of Loss)

@Dragon

I gotta agree, the animation in TRI isn't to snuff with Adveture, which is...sad. The animation in the battle against Imperialdramon was downright terrible, I could barely tell what was going on, and my God, don't even get me started on the still image gallery during the dance scene. That was just embarrassing.

Adventure's animation was still pretty bad (The fact that they just make a stock image of the Digimon expand and shrink to indicate movement from time to time is hilarious), but at least I could always tell what was going on and it was coherent.

The only Digimon redesigns I thought were bad were Angewomon and Rosemon. Way to sexualized for my liking. At first I hated HerakleKabuterimon, but over time I realized that it just looks weird in motion.

On a side note, I actually quite like the use of 3-D models in TRI. It's one of the few anime to pull off 3-D CGI effectively that I've watched. They remind me of a higher quality version of the models used in Digimon Adventure on the PSP.

I love TRI's Rookie to Champion animations. Only thing for me that beats that is Tamers and Savers animations(Savers had my favorite). It is just had the ultimately lazy Ultimate and Mega evolutions.

Mega, and even Ultimate to a lesser extent Digivolution were always something special. Greymon getting that massive explosion behind him as he slowly turned into MetalGreymon, Sakuyamon dancing in the pale moonlight, MegaGargomon appearing in that massive city, dwarfing entire buildings, Imperialdramon nuking a castle for no reason. They were grand, and cool. TRI didn't really do anything special, which was a disappointment.

Gallantmon just flying in the night sky. WereGarurumon roaring to the moon. Just amazing.

Even though Savers had that generic data background, the animations were still amazing and the 3-D models still look good today. Frontier allowed the characters to show off their abilities, Tamers was just amazing period. Adventure and 02 Ultimate transformations were just amazing....Sigh...I miss those.

RadicalMrR said:
The characters in TRI look generic AF.
I hate to say it but they are. Maybe they should've tried using something more unique. Heck, use the Shin Megami Tensei style they've been using for the games. That'd look nice.

@ Dragon I was literally just about to ask If anyone else wanted cyber sleuth style designs In the anime...

Cyber Sleuth told it's story well enough IMO. Dawn/Dusk would benefit greatly from an anime because I felt like they wanted to tale this big, grand story but it just feel flat. An anime to flesh out the story would be great.

It needed more development. It felt unfinished in terms of plot. An anime would make it a lot better.

DS felt like a game that wasn't made by Digimon fans. It wasn't faithful to the lore and the digivolutions were all over the place. It didn't make it bad per say, it just made it very off putting and weird. Dawn/Dusk on the other hand was a game made by Digimon fans, for Digimon fans.

Back