• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Red fight 6 times 1v1 or 1 time 6v1?

Are Reds pokemon assumed as High 7-A or as 6-C?

Currently on Ruffys side via AP advantage (likely 6-C vs at least 6-C) and seemingly big speed advantage (possibly Sub-Relativistic vs At least Sub-Relativistic). This should be enough to prevent any moves from hitting. (Speed equalized would be an option though it could turn the favor in reds direction).

DaFritzi said:
Does Red fight 6 times 1v1 or 1 time 6v1?
Are Reds pokemon assumed as High 7-A or as 6-C?

Currently on Ruffys side via AP advantage (likely 6-C vs at least 6-C) and seemingly big speed advantage (possibly Sub-Relativistic vs At least Sub-Relativistic). This should be enough to prevent any moves from hitting. (Speed equalized would be an option though it could turn the favor in reds direction).
They are assumed 6-C and Red goes 1v1 6 times using his team from Sun/Moon

Kinda hard to say, but I would go with Red. Lapras' Sheer Cold and the ultimate elemental moves by Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant) could be enough to beat him. Also, Luffy can't swim, so Blastoise and Lapras counter him with Surf.

Isn't the thing with luffy limited to seawater only?

Also sheer cold has the poorest of accuracy, with speed unequalized I doubt it would hit.

Speed is not equalized, possibly is not usable in vs-threads unless stated in the OP. As such luffy speedblitzes, having like at least 10x the speed of reds pokemon. I would agree with previous comments if speed was equalized, but as it is now it's a speed stomp.

Reds pokemon are at least massively hypersonic+, while luffy is at least sub-relativistic. That is a clear difference, I don't see what my error would be?

Your error is assuming "Possibly" stats aren't allowed unless specified. I legit highlighted a thread about this not to long ago talking about the "prefixes"

Does it use it in the anime/manga?

If so, then Red.

But with high diff, luffy might still be able to over power him

But Perish Song is pretty haxy .

Lapras uses Perish Song.

Both faint but Red still wins due to having 1-5 more pokemon available.

Lapras also has Sheer Cold, which OHKOs. And Red can just give him a Wide Lens to make accuracy higher.

If Luffy defeats Lapras then there's still Blastoise who can use Iron Defense 3 times to maximise defense and basically make himself walking bedrock, and Snorlax who can hold a focus sash and Belly Drum back to full health and Heavy Slam will do considerable damage as Snorlax should be heavier than Luffy.

Venusaur, Charizard and Pikachu aren't really as crucial as the others but could still contribute, albeit less.

Vote remains Red with mid-high diff.

I dont know if Lapras sheer cold will work per se

Luffy resisted Monet's freezing ability.. I dont think it will OHKO luffy since he is a higher tier durability wise and he has haki, could probably avoid or tank it.

All the above dude is mostly game mechanics, and luffy will still probably take most of his pokemon out since again, he is a higher tier now.

The exception to this is Perish Song. If I do verse equalization here, he could possibly resist it because of his conquerors haki, but that is dubious at best. That is probably the only way to beat luffy in a significant way imo.

But it can be dodged, no?

If you want to use the pokedex entries, it has an accuracy of 30 percent, and luffys reaction time should be faster then lapras in that instance.

Again, I still think Red will win only because Perish Song seems to the only thing in Reds Arsenal that Luffy cannot defend himself in some way against.

Also, if it truly ignores Durability. That needs to be stated in his profile.

Wouldn't you agree?

Edit; Could be blind and not being unable to see it.

Edit again because I fact checked myself.: Didn't know luffy got downgraded in speed, not sure if my previous point stands unless speed is equalized/close enough.

Going with Red via Sheer Cold and Perish Song.

Also, regarding whether SC is hitting Luffy, I don't think a Wide Lens will be neccesary. If Red has them use Surf first to flood everything then Sheer Cold will just freeze all the water, like ice does to water alltogether. And since Luffy can't swim due to his weakness in water he'll be a sitting duck.

To correct some statements me and others made above. Every kind of water has the same devestating effect on luffy. Also the accuracy of sheer cold does not rise if the user is ice type. It is lowered if the user is not ice type. So it's the standard horrible 30%.

However since Luffy recently had a speed downgrade Kukui's scenario is likely to work. However it is just Lapras that can really stop Luffy. Blastoise might have a chance too. Red's other Pokemon will likely get destroyed though since Luffy got an AP upgrade.

Due to Luffys speed downgrade I'll change my vote to Red via Lapras Surf+Sheer Cold and possibly Perish Song will help too.

"Every kind of water has the same devestating effect on luffy."

According to WoG, only seawater actually does that. Rain and such is harmless.

However, it doesn't change the fact that Luffy can't swim, right? Thus, Lapras or Blastoise can flood the area and easily attack him. Charizard can also come in handy as it can fly, while Luffy can't (he just has pseudo-flight with gliding, thus making him unable to properly control himself in the air.)

Wouldnt Surf classify as seawater? Afterall its quite literally in the name and the move is described as making a tidal wave or something like that, which usually happens in area's like the beach.

@Dafritzi

Im talking about if everyone is already in water and then Sheer Cold was used. All of the water would likely be frozen by it like how it freezes into ice period and if Luffy can't move it'll make it much easier to hit him.

"Oda stated in an SBS that Devil Fruit users are susceptible to all types of water, not just seawater. He elaborated on this, saying that "moving" water, like rain or waves, does not weaken Devil Fruit users, while standing water does." (One Piece Wikia, Side Effects of Devil Fruits)

An SBS is a question-and-answer column at the end of a manga volume. According to the linked article there are multiple examples of the "moving vs standing water" thing working as described throughout the manga.

Giving it to Red for reasons stated above. Perish Song too OP pls nerf. ovo

Elaborating on the Sheer Cold arguments; the accuracy listed in games is game mechanics. In the manga and in the anime, the pokemon can improve there accuracy.

What should happen with this thread now? I counted 7 votes for Red, but do we keep it or close it? Somebody mentioned that it's a stomp, so not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back