• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reckoners Additions/Revisions

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Some additions.

I have issues with the 7-A AP rating, especially for physical strength, but I'll come to that later.

In a few places, like Newcago, a single godlike Epic rules as a tyrant. Steelheart has no rivals here. Everyone knows he's invulnerable. Nothing harms him: not bullets, not explosions, not electricity.
~ Chapter 29, Steelheart, pg 112​
  • I don't think Deathpoint's ability is deathhax. From the way it's described and how it affects Steelheart it seems he's inducing spontaneous combustion or using heat to reduce people to ashes. As such I think this falls under Heat/Fire Resistance.
As Steelheart flew gracefully into the room, Deathpoint hastily raised a finger and pointed at him. Steelheart's shirt sizzled in one little section, like a cigarette had been put out on the cloth, but he showed no reaction. He floated down the steps and landed gently on the floor a short distance from Deathpoint, his enormous cape settling around him.
Deathpoint pointed again, looking frantic. Another meager sizzle. Steelheart stepped up to the smaller Epic, towering over him.
~ Prologue, Steelheart, pg 4-13​
Epics aged far more slowly than regular people, but they did age.
~ Chapter 35, Steelheart, pg 341​
"Let's see: incredible strength, can shoot deadliest blasts of energy from his hands, can transform anything nonliving around him into steel, can command the winds and fly with perfect control . . . oh, and he's utterly impervious to bullets, edged weapons, fire, radiation, blunt trauma, suffocation, and explosions.
~ Chapter 13, Steelheart, pg 105​
  • Person with the same powers as Steelheart.

Slowed down the ISS Space station as it fell from orbit. Self-Sustenance (Type 1).
I sat on the hillside, resting in the shadow of the fallen space station- which I'd transformed to steel as we fell. I'd made the transformation, then exited through one of the holes in its side. I'd grabbed hold, slowing it, then guided it out of its death spiral and eventually placed it here.
~ Epilogue, Calamity, pg 421​
Some questions on current abilities/ratings:

• Where does Type 2 Immortality come from?
  • He shouldn't have empowerment. He isn't empowered by people's fears; he isn't a regular dude when no one is around to fear him. It's rather that his powers don't protect him from people who don't fear him. A weakpoint in the armor, not the armor falling off entirely.
  • Why is he scaled to Obliteration in strength? None of his feats are anywhere near Obliteration nuking cities. I understand scaling his invulnerability to that (after all, the "no modern weapons/bombs can harm him likely includes existing nukes), but his strength shouldn't be anywhere near Obliteration's AP.
  • I'm very sure his bone-breaking feat was due to the father fearing him. I don't think he's anywhere superhuman when he isn't feared.

Resistance to Electricity I agree with

I agree with the Deathpoint stuff

I agree with Longevity

I agree with the other resistance and self-sustiance

I have no clue where the type 2 is from, I just didn't bother to remove it.

That make sense, I guess.

He's considered the strongest Epic. Not the hardest Epic to kill, the Strongest. And everyone who says this knows full well of Obliteration.

Idk

Maybe the Class M was because it was converted into steel?

Yeah, I was told that ISS Space Station was made of like, a very softer or lighter material you could say? I assumed that when he turned well, the entire thing to steel, it would weigh alot more. Anyways, The resistance to electricity, and everything else but bumping Steelhearts AP down is something I don't think we should do, as Smashor said, he is referred to be the strongest Epic in North America, which must mean he's probably done something in the past to do something that would make people see as such. Either way, he should at least be City Level because I'm sure we can all agree he'd be superior to someone like Regalia.

The Smashor said:
He's considered the strongest Epic. Not the hardest Epic to kill, the Strongest. And everyone who says this knows full well of Obliteration.
Did everyone who said this say it before or after Obliteration began nuking cities?

And even then, his invulnerability could very well by itself make him the strongest Epic. Being immune to any methods of conventional harm, combined with his regular feats? It still puts him above Obliteration since Obliteration, even with weeks of preparation, can't harm him. I just don't see how any of his feats support him being near Obliteration's level in sheer damage output.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
Either way, he should at least be City Level because I'm sure we can all agree he'd be superior to someone like Regalia.
Isn't Regalia's gig flooding massive areas? That sounds like Environmental Destruction, not really something that scales to her regular attacks.

That said I don't see how Steelheart scales. He's certainly more powerful when it comes to any Epic vs. Epic confrontation, but it doesn't mean she can't be better at large AoE damage.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
I assumed that when he turned well, the entire thing to steel, it would weigh alot more.
Yeah, that probably takes it into Class M, then.

They said that after.

This isn't JoJo's. Strongest, in general, means AP. I seriously doubt Steelheart is the only Epic with durability above Wall level.

The Smashor said:
This isn't JoJo's. Strongest, in general, means AP. I seriously doubt Steelheart is the only Epic with durability above Wall level.
That's just 'strongest' as a term in general, though. You can have a character objectively stronger than another but not have higher AP due to circumstance. Obliteration's power is ultimately very circumstantial and wouldn't let him last a second in a fight against Steelheart if he was on the upper end of Tier 9, let alone Tier 7.

And he isn't? Other High Epics probably deal with conventional weapons in a similar way. It's just that his durability is frankly absurd, even among other High Epics.

And wouldn't Obliteration have reason to fear Steelheart off the fact that he has no superhuman durability, while Steelheart doesn't need to charge for weeks on end to punch him into next Tuesday, and is fast enough to punch a hole in his chest without him reacting?

Obliteration can teleport up space stations, meaning he could teleport far out of Steelheart's reach. Even if his teleportation had a cooldown at the time, if Steelheart fired a beam or something he could just teleport to who-knows-where and be safe. Not to mention he can damage Prof's forcefields, which were able to hold Obliteration's city-leveling explosion.

The Smashor said:
Obliteration can teleport up space stations, meaning he could teleport far out of Steelheart's reach. Even if his teleportation had a cooldown at the time, if Steelheart fired a beam or something he could just teleport to who-knows-where and be safe. Not to mention he can damage Prof's forcefields, which were able to hold Obliteration's city-leveling explosion.
That's kind of true regardless of how high Steelheart's AP is, although Steelheart would still blitz him before that would happen.

Same forcefields? Nothing different circumstantially between when he damaged them in Steelheart and when he damaged them later?

Well, the ones that blocked the explosion are stronger no doubt, but the ones Steelheart broke shouldn't be too far behind.

Will look at the rest after i shower, but didn't deathllint reduce a guy to a skeleton by pointing with no mention of burning?

Wokistan said:
Will look at the rest after i shower, but didn't deathllint reduce a guy to a skeleton by pointing with no mention of burning?
Every time he's used his ability it's reduced everything but the skeleton to ashes. It doesn't come off as a form of deathax, although it might be something like Dessication, Deconstruction, etc.

The Smashor said:
Well, the ones that blocked the explosion are stronger no doubt, but the ones Steelheart broke shouldn't be too far behind.
Hm. That sounds like a better justification than "Should be stronger than" for now. I'm still reading through the novels atm (finishing Steelheart soon), and I plan on making other profiles and hopefully a verse page.

Should we add resistant to extreme tempatures in general too? Because David was able to survive in space, shouldn't Steelheart beable to do the same?

Is there any reason for us to assume that their abilities work similarly enough for that?

No problem. Is there something left to do here, or can I close this?

Should we keep Type 2 Immortality, though? He did survive a bullet that fractured his skull, and he seems to have just, healed from it like us Humans do overtime.

Actually I'm asking if we should re-add it. As he seems to have just, ignored the wound itself and healed it as slowly as a normal man.

Well, I am not sure if it is clear-cut enough to add then.

well real people have also survived that before, so I don't think so.

Okay. It probably shouldn't be added then. Thank you for the input.

Is there anything else left to do here?

I don't think so, however we should probably wait for either Dargoo or Smashor to comment here, maybe there's something we left out?

Skull fractures are something humans can and often do survive. Even if that bullet went clean-through his head, technically some people have survived even that in real life, although almost always there's some kind of brain damage involved.

Can you link to it please?

Anyway, that would be up to the calc group to decide.

Back