• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reborn to Master the Blade Volume 4-6 additions and upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

StorytellingDemonKing

God Universes
He/Him
Alright, so calculations have been accepted and I can finally make this.

Here is Inglis Sandbox:

First, I will go through additions for P&A:
Fire Manipulation (Has been learning fire magic and can use it to cook.[16] Melted a giant snowball)
Accelerated Development (Inglis constantly grows stronger through training and fighting to the point she surpasses Fufailbane's growth,[17] an ancient dragon, which left him to wait for her to die instead of allowing her to get any stronger by fighting him)
These two are relatively simple an self explanatory.

A bit more interesting are the resistances I propose, which are:
Resistance to Existence Erasure (While clad in Aether Shell, Inglis can punch through Evel's Annihilation Magic[15] which destroys 'all things' and removes them in such a thorough manner they seem to be 'severed', and was later stated things touched by it are simply 'gone'),[15]
Resistance to Life Manipulation (Blocked Tiffanyer's life force absorption[18] ability with her Aether, which would leave other's dead)
Resistance to Body Puppetry (Broke free[18] from Tiffanyer's control and redirected her attack)
Resistance to Power Nullification and Law Manipulation (With Dragon's Lore, which is a force completely different from mana or magic, even Aether, which makes it fundamentally different from the laws of nature)[20]
They are a bit more nicely formatted in the sandbox, but I guess it's better to neatly list them on the CRT.

Now then, on to AP upgrades. This calculation blog was accepted:

Volume 1-5 base Inglis will scale to large building level for being superior to the likes of Leon, who can survive beams from Prismer which should be more devastating than his own summon, since it was stated they would devastate the city. Rest of the ratings in this key are basically through multipliers which are explained in the AP justification. (Except for the 8-A+ rating which has a calc for vaporizing magicite beasts)

Now then, second key Inglis, that being Volume 6, scales to 8-A+ in her base. Essentially, the dragon could survive, and surpasses, her Aether Strike, but she has also grown to be able to match that in her base. Rest of the ratings are also done with the multipliers. Though, I decided to simply put Aether Strike as "higher" rather than any solid amplifier growth since we don't know if it's linear.

Other stats upscale since they should be comparable to AP and she can survive attacks from opponents just as strong. Speed is merely upgraded to "At least Subsonic" since we don't have a calc for how fast she is. (Maybe in the future when we can calc her blitzing the dragon)

Anyway, other minor changes are:
  • Adding a tabber for the section from AP to Durability so it looks nicer
  • Added more attacks to "Notable Attacks/Techniques" section such as Aether Reflector and Dragon's Lore
  • Added Dragonscale Sword to her weaponry
There are probably some other minor changes that I didn't list but I don't think it was anything worth mentioning.

So yeah, let's discuss.

Yeah, it doesn't take too long, everything looks fine to me, although I believe that Aether should get a much more impressive rating than just Law manipulation.

Put that aside first. You have my agreement here.

Yeah, it doesn't take too long, everything looks fine to me, although I believe that Aether should get a much more impressive rating than just Law manipulation.

Put that aside first. You have my agreement here.
Don't really know what you mean by Aether Getting more than Law Manipulation? It's only listed as resistance when using Dragon Lore.

Alright, thanks.

I looked at everything and it seems alright.

Off I go pinging staff
man-running-run.gif

Don't really know what you mean by Aether Getting more than Law Manipulation? It's only listed as resistance when using Dragon Lore.
No, actually I am referring to Aether definition itself, Aether has been stated that it is the source/fundamental for everything that is in the RTMB verse, something deeper than magic and mana.

Which is I would say it could be something moreeeee than just Law manipulation. However, I rather not discuss it here first since it could be done by another CRT. Also, me and my broski @ZinnaiYama need to beat you first before dropping any CRT. :alien:

No, actually I am referring to Aether definition itself, Aether has been stated that it is the source/fundamental for everything that is in the RTMB verse, something deeper than magic and mana.

Which is I would say it could be something moreeeee than just Law manipulation. However, I rather not discuss it here first since it could be done by another CRT. Also, me and my broski @ZinnaiYama need to beat you first before dropping any CRT. :alien:
Aether is atm under energy Manipulation. Inglis can't really do much more than different energy beams or their applications. Maybe in the future but her control needs to be better.

ain't happening :mad:

This overall looks good, though there are a couple of things I'd like further discussion on.

Resistance to Life Manipulation (Blocked Tiffanyer's life force absorption[18] ability with her Aether, which would leave other's dead)
Depending on how Tiffanyer's ability works, this could probably qualify as Resistance to Life Manipulation, Death Manipulation, or both. The scan makes it sound like a "life-steal" kind of ability, which would probably be best listed as the former, but it's not clear from the scan itself how it works.

Resistance to Power Nullification and Law Manipulation (With Dragon's Lore, which is a force completely different from mana or magic, even Aether, which makes it fundamentally different from the laws of nature)[20]
This, I don't quite understand. I understand from the scan that "Dragon's Lore" is a concept separate from the laws of nature in the verse, and I can infer that Inglis is capable of using "Dragon's Lore". But how does this affect Inglis' resistances directly? Even if she is capable of using it, isn't it "Dragon's Lore" that presumably can't be changed by the laws of nature directly and not Inglis herself? How does this give Inglis Resistance to Law Manipulation?

I imagine this is just due to a lack of context in the scan on how Dragon's Lore functions, but even if this is the case, it warrants more information being provided. I also can't tell what part of the scan suggests Resistance to Power Nullification.

Other than that, everything looks fine. I can't comment too heavily on the AP scaling (mainly due to not being able to account for things like outliers), but from a glance, it all looks okay.

This overall looks good, though there are a couple of things I'd like further discussion on.

Depending on how Tiffanyer's ability works, this could probably qualify as Resistance to Life Manipulation, Death Manipulation, or both. The scan makes it sound like a "life-steal" kind of ability, which would probably be best listed as the former, but it's not clear from the scan itself how it works.
It's just Life Manipulation. Death Manipulation doesn't qualify if it's a byproduct of something. (Death Manipulation is listed under life Manipulation anyway)
This, I don't quite understand. I understand from the scan that "Dragon's Lore" is a concept separate from the laws of nature in the verse, and I can infer that Inglis is capable of using "Dragon's Lore". But how does this affect Inglis' resistances directly? Even if she is capable of using it, isn't it "Dragon's Lore" that presumably can't be changed by the laws of nature directly and not Inglis herself? How does this give Inglis Resistance to Law Manipulation?

I imagine this is just due to a lack of context in the scan on how Dragon's Lore functions, but even if this is the case, it warrants more information being provided. I also can't tell what part of the scan suggests Resistance to Power Nullification.
If it's a force unbound by the laws of nature then changing laws in that world wouldn't apply to it also being changes, thus resistance to it. You can't law manipulate something if it doesn't abide by laws, basically. And she has that power.

Resistance to Power Nullification is because it's not Magic or even Aether, so if in the future someone tries to use attacks that specifically cancel magic or energy sources such as Aether it won't work on Dragons Lore.
Other than that, everything looks fine. I can't comment too heavily on the AP scaling (mainly due to not being able to account for things like outliers), but from a glance, it all looks okay.
Don't really think it's outlierish since she's a top tier in the verse. In fact, there are potentially tier 7 and 6 feats one could gather from the dragon which she would scale.

It's just Life Manipulation. Death Manipulation doesn't qualify if it's a byproduct of something. (Death Manipulation is listed under life Manipulation anyway)
If the power does indeed work that way, then you would be correct. My concern is that it's not totally clear how the power works from the scan provided. The way it sounds from the scan is that it's some kind of "life-sucking" ability that extracts their life-force from their body, consequentially killing them - if this is the case, regarding it as Life Manip should be fine, but I just need clarification that this isn't a false inference.

If it's a force unbound by the laws of nature then changing laws in that world wouldn't apply to it also being changes, thus resistance to it. You can't law manipulate something if it doesn't abide by laws, basically. And she has that power.
Yes, though again, that would just suggest "Dragon's Lore" in particular cannot be adjusted by changing natural laws. If, say, someone used an ability which manipulates natural laws on Inglis herself, would it still affect her? Does Dragon's Lore work in a particular way such that the user of it becomes unbound from natural laws? If it doesn't, it wouldn't warrant granting Inglis the resistance, and if it does, evidence to suggest that it does should be provided.

Again, this is just an issue of context. I have not engaged with this verse in the past, and so, I can only evaluate the verse on the basis of what is provided in this thread. As such, there are hanging questions around this that I can't answer, and therefore I can't properly evaluate it. Any evidenced elaboration on the way that Dragon's Lore works and what it does to the user would be appreciated.

Resistance to Power Nullification is because it's not Magic or even Aether, so if in the future someone tries to use attacks that specifically cancel magic or energy sources such as Aether it won't work on Dragons Lore.
I don't believe this would qualify, but I'll review our standards and look for precedents to see how this should be handled. The issue is that, if someone uses an ability that nullifies a specific power (i.e.: for example, an ability that nullifies "Aether"), we wouldn't give anything that isn't Aether Resistance to Power Null just because it bypasses that ability. In such a case, they bypass the Power Null not because of some resistance, but just because they aren't being targeted by the ability in the first place.

Don't really think it's outlierish since she's a top tier in the verse. In fact, there are potentially tier 7 and 6 feats one could gather from the dragon which she would scale.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was an outlier. I was just providing that as an example of something I can't really prove one way or the other.

If the power does indeed work that way, then you would be correct. My concern is that it's not totally clear how the power works from the scan provided. The way it sounds from the scan is that it's some kind of "life-sucking" ability that extracts their life-force from their body, consequentially killing them - if this is the case, regarding it as Life Manip should be fine, but I just need clarification that this isn't a false inference.
It's not. It's just Life force absorption.
Yes, though again, that would just suggest "Dragon's Lore" in particular cannot be adjusted by changing natural laws. If, say, someone used an ability which manipulates natural laws on Inglis herself, would it still affect her? Does Dragon's Lore work in a particular way such that the user of it becomes unbound from natural laws? If it doesn't, it wouldn't warrant granting Inglis the resistance, and if it does, evidence to suggest that it does should be provided.
She absorbed Dragons Lore through eating the Dragons tail, so it won't work on her while she using it. If it's off? Idk. She absorbed it and can use it at any time so probably.
Again, this is just an issue of context. I have not engaged with this verse in the past, and so, I can only evaluate the verse on the basis of what is provided in this thread. As such, there are hanging questions around this that I can't answer, and therefore I can't properly evaluate it. Any evidenced elaboration on the way that Dragon's Lore works and what it does to the user would be appreciated.
Pretty sure I've explained in the Notable attacks/techniques section, you can check that out.
I don't believe this would qualify, but I'll review our standards and look for precedents to see how this should be handled. The issue is that, if someone uses an ability that nullifies a specific power (i.e.: for example, an ability that nullifies "Aether"), we wouldn't give anything that isn't Aether Resistance to Power Null just because it bypasses that ability. In such a case, they bypass the Power Null not because of some resistance, but just because they aren't being targeted by the ability in the first place.
I think it does. At least, should be piinted out since I could definitely see people try assuming some powernull would work on it just because it works on magic, more so if verse equalization happens so better be safe.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was an outlier. I was just providing that as an example of something I can't really prove one way or the other.
Alright

It's not. It's just Life force absorption.
Well, that's what I was suggesting, but nevertheless. If it is just absorbing the life force of the target, regarding it as Life Manipulation (and consequentially giving Inglis resistance to it) should be fine. Elaborating on the way the ability works shouldn't be necessary on Inglis' profile, but for future reference, it would be good to give scans that explicitly explain why it is life force absorption if you were to make a profile for Tiffanyer.

She absorbed Dragons Lore through eating the Dragons tail, so it won't work on her while she using it. If it's off? Idk. She absorbed it and can use it at any time so probably.
Noted. In that case, it's probably fine to apply Resistance to Law Manipulation to Inglis while using Dragon's Lore.

I think it does. At least, should be piinted out since I could definitely see people try assuming some powernull would work on it just because it works on magic, more so if verse equalization happens so better be safe.
I do see the value of noting this. In the event verse equalisation occurs in a Versus Match against a character who can power null "magic", it would be worth indicating that this power null should not work against Dragon's Lore.

However, this still doesn't fit the standards for "Resistance to Power Nullification", and does not warrant being included on the profile. Dragon's Lore does not nullify "magic power null" because of any kind of resistance Dragon's Lore possesses - it's just because it is "something different" from magic in the verse, as the scan states. We could use the same line of logic to grant anything that isn't magic Resistance to Power Nullification, as all of them would "resist" the power null in the same way. A stone you throw at your enemy would have Resistance to Power Null by virtue of not being affected by "magic power null".

Consider the fact that Power Nullification is almost always a limited ability that only nullifies specific kinds of powers - if Power Null nullifies "Power A", we don't grant anyone who uses "Power B" resistance to it, we just recognise that the power null doesn't work on "Power B". It is a limitation of the Power Null, not a resistance of the user.

The only reason why we might want to note Dragon's Lore in particular is because it could be mistaken for magic, but this isn't a reason to grant it a special resistance. This just suggests we should bring up this concern in a Versus Thread in the off-chance it becomes relevant.

I do see the value of noting this. In the event verse equalisation occurs in a Versus Match against a character who can power null "magic", it would be worth indicating that this power null should not work against Dragon's Lore.
So, I will add a note to the profile stating that Dragon Lore is entirely separate from magic and the likes of Aether, so power-nulling magic or similar energy types to Aether won't work on Dragon's Lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back