• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Realms with starry skies" feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think that some kind of evidence or clear and blatant showing are needed to establish what really is a starry sky and what is just shining stuff on the background or in the sky.

For example, these two feats/demonstration are currently considered starry skies and used to give 4-A to many characters, but there are no real evidences of them being actual stars and not glowing things in background, and to me they shouldn't be considered.
(for the second one you have to look at the "sky" behind the big blue walking heart).

Also, some times starry skies are related things like constellations etc... end being tiered as either High 4-C or 4-A, for reasons that I don't understand
I'm pretty sure there's further evidence for those two that specifically make them allowable

Okay, so point 1 and 3 are likely fine to apply then?

If so, we should probably create a new page that explains our new standards, and move the pocket reality manipulation page extra explanation text to there as well:

This.

However, another thread also talks about a new "Creation Feats" page.

We need a new page that clarifies the standards agreed above and moves some information from the Pocket Reality Manipulation page to it.

Since the two topics are somewhat related, the Creation Feats thread should be concluded before we finish up here.

I am neutral regarding the issue. It seems reasonable to grant such a tier if we have some kind of further evidence, but otherwise it may be an optical illusion.
My thoughts exactly. If there's evidence suggesting it's not just a star-shaped light source or as set dressing to make the area look better or something, it's fine as a feat.

For example, this looks quite a bit like a star, doesn't it? But while it can probably be calced to provide a Joule/AP value (as is the case with some spells in D&D), it can't be considered a star.

A creation feats page has been created. Has anything been decided here that should be added to it, aside fro the stuff that already was on the pocket reality manipulation page?
Thank you DontTalk.

@Matthew_Schroeder @AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @KLOL506 @ProfessorKukui4Life @DemonGodMitchAubin @Sera_EX @Ionliosite @Antoniofer @Andytrenom @Ultima_Reality @Damage3245 @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @Dargoo_Faust @SomebodyData @Armorchompy @SamanPatou

Your input would be very appreciated regarding this issue.

As for the rest, I still highly disagree with the page on the basis that "However, at the same time, they are too impressive and relevant to simply be labelled as unquantifiable", we're literally admitting there's no math behind it, but it would make some verses weaker so we need to pretend there is.

Yeah I would expand on the Mage a bit. Like "A mage that expends mana from his energy pool to make a city, and then channels a similar or greater amount of mana into another attack can scale to his creation feat".

It must be specified that the energy pool shouldn't be just stamina though.

Mana pools are in general just the energy supply, energy that may be consumed even if the mage execute non creative/destructive stuff (like hax).

It should also be noted that if the verse's general power portrayal is way lower with the exception of the creation feats they might be Reality Warping, therefore unquantifiable.

So what, if anything needs to be added to, or modified within, the new page?

I think with the recent creation feats thread anything left to do here was concluded.
Anything that still needs to be done regarding the subject is a matter of the newer creation feats threads, I believe.

Yeah, I personally think we revised what was needed and that the thread can be closed now.

Okay.

Can somebody link to the above-mentioned newer creation feats thread first please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back