• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Power Level question.

Let say character A beat character B via RPL and the stat difference is over 50x, and has shown to consistently allow character A to beat characters who is over 50x stronger than himself. Then character C came along and completely trounced character A with his own RPL. Would that mean character C have RPL that allow the user to jump over 50x stat difference.

Last edited:
Let say character A beat character B via RPL and the stat difference is over 50x, and has shown to consistently allow character A to beat characters who is over 50x stronger than himself. Then character C came along and completely trounced character A with his own RPL. Would that mean character B have RPL that allow the user to jump over 50x stat difference.
I think you wanted to say charcater C have have better RPL.

Probably, since they would be hammering each other and RPL up to 50x eventually assuming the fight last that long. Since character C beat A via RPLing more than them, i guess C RPL would indeed allow them to jump 50x difference.

This is assuming C RPL work the same way as A with just higher limit.

I didn't responded before aside the small correction since it was late in night. While I think it wouldn't be wrong to consider that C have a better RPL most of the times, I also think there could exist others explanations, like that the RPL of C is even faster than A, that the initial gap between the two already was big so even with the RPL of A he can't close the gap fast enough (in this case the RPL of C would make even more difficult to close the gap quickly enough), then there is also more specific things from the fight like that A was weakened do to X reason, that C could have actually exploted a weakness of A or used a tactic that make easier defeat A, if C in general had just a good compability against A, etc.

There could be many reasons that don't necesarilly say that C have a better RPL, so a careful consideration should be made before concluded that.

Keep in mind that not all RPL has the same trigger. For many characters RPL’s growth is correlated to how much adversity they face. If this were the case for A and C, and C was weaker than A, C could logically be growing much much faster even if C had worse RPL, and might as a result be able to reach a position that could immediately and swiftly turn the tables.
On the other hand, if two characters have RPL based purely on how long they spend fighting, then you could probably scale it.

Back