• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Eevolutionn for Dan Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Here we go again. I found something that might give Dan Phantom Reactive Evolution. When Danny returned from the future, he placed the Specter Deflector on Dan. Now the Specter Deflector nullifies ghost powers and causes the extreme pain. When the belt was attached, Dan shouted in pain because the belt was doing what it does. However, after Danny beat him up with the Ghost Gauntlets and sent him flying into a truck that exploded. Dan walks out of the fire with no sighs of being in pain.

It's shown that the belt is still trying to cause him pain when he grabs it and rips it off. The belt is still sending of the green sparks that go off when a ghost touches it. Dan was effected at first but after a several seconds pass of Danny beating him up, he doesn't even register the effect of the belt. Would this give Dan Reactive Evolution?.

I'm not referring to the Power Nullification, Dan already has resistance to power null.

I'm referring to the pain it causes. It continuesly causes pain to ghosts who touch it. Dan screamed out in pain, but after a quick beat down he steps out of the fire with no signs of pain. Yet the belt was still trying to cause him pain.

He hand his standard scowl face that he always has but he wasn't in his enraged state so him resisting it via being enraged isn't really a thing

LordGriffin1000 said:
I'm not referring to the Power Nullification, Dan already has resistance to power null.

I'm referring to the pain it causes. It continuesly causes pain to ghosts who touch it. Dan screamed out in pain, but after a quick beat down he steps out of the fire with no signs of pain. Yet the belt was still trying to cause him pain.

He hand his standard scowl face that he always has but he wasn't in his enraged state so him resisting it via being enraged isn't really a thing
He isn't always enraged, from what I recall, he usually has a smug and sadistic grin. Not to mention, he was being pretty coy with the Fentons until Danny wiped out the gadgets and it was only afterwards that he delivers a ruthless beatdown.

Anything explicitly saying this is RE, or is there anything implying it?

Plus is there any other instances of this "reactive evolution" happening?

@Xtasy

Well when Danny put the Spector Deflector on him he screamed in pain because it causes pain to any ghost that touches it, showing of the effect with a green static.

Danny punches Dan with the Ghost Gaunlets and sends him into a truck that explodeds, about a second later Dan comes out of the fire with a scowl on his face and rips the Spector Deflector off his waste and holds it in his hand but isn't even fazed by the effects of the belt. You even see the belt emitting the green static that shows it's active and trying to cause him pain but literally nothing is happening.

Not only this but he also has Vlad Plasmius's ghost half as well which should have Reactive Evolution as well. Vlad states that Danny has no idea how powerful he really is and states "even now my power incresess". When Danny looks over he sees Vlad made dozens of clones which is more than any he's ever made.

Now these clones may have just been shadow like clones but they possessed power stronger than the previous Vlad we knew, evidence to this is supported when full power Vlad attempted to possess Jack Fenton, Jack had shown resistance. However when one these lowly shadow duplicates attempt it there was literally no resistance.

Vlad doesn't train anymore. He's done all his training before and stopped so it's not like he's doing that to increase his power. All he does is look for Ghost Artifacts, spy on Danny's family and do make plans.

Wouldn't Vlad's be more of passive Accelerated Development with the types being Strength and Abilities given he grows in overall power and his abilities like Duplication increase and all he does is go about his normal day.

I think RE is a bit of a stretch, seeing as how RE isn't even referenced anywhere inseries, feels more like he just has a high pain threshold or he just got so pissed the pain stopped registering.

What would a good reference for RE even look like?

Like a mention of it in verse that doesn't sound clunky?

From a writing standpoint it'd just be clunky if you said the exact name of the power.

I'm not saying "oh Mah goodness! He has the power to Reactively evolve!!"

It doesn't need to be explicitly said that way, but at the very least there should be some level of acknowledgement inseries that the character has adapted to an ability they previously couldn't handle at an outstanding rate.

This feels too much like jumping to conclusions when a far more simple and reasonable explanation would be that the character just has a high pain threshold.

@Davidsteel1

The power doesn't half to be stated in verse especially since he's only in a two part episode. He fits the power in my opinion. This is the equivalent to me getting hit by a tazer gun and visually being effected and screaming. Then I get kicked down the stairs, a second later I walk back up the stairs and another tazer gun shots me but this time I don't even register the shock nor do I even show signs of pain.

That's what happened to Dan. He clearly was effected by the belt, he gets tossed into a truck, then a second later he walks out and is no longer effected by the belt even though it's actively trying to effect him. He's no hissing in pain, he's not struggling, he literally just rips the blet off and just holds it in his hand while it's visual active and nothings happening.

Or he got so angry it just stopped hurting. This is the first time we see Dan get angry, every other time he's just smug or, at worst, annoyed with the efforts of his younger self.

Again it's far too conclusion jumpy. Take Haru from Rave master for instance, there is a scene where he is hit with every injury he's ever taken from the day he was born, this includes stab wounds that nearly killed him a few chapters previously, he gets hit stops for a second but then just keeps on keeping on like nothing ever happened, should we classify that as reactive evolution?

And that was just off the top of my head, I imagine if we look round we'll find tons of characters who press on through injuries and pain they couldn't tolerate moments b4.

@The Wright Way

He wasn't enraged tho. When Dan gets enraged, his eyes widen completely, his mouth opens and his snake like tongue comes out and waves around.

@Davidsteel1

It's not jumping to conclusions when it fits the power. We go by what's shown in the verse, not what happens in other verses. The Spectrer Deflector effects cannot be negated by a high pain tolerance. It's Anti-Ghost Technology!, It negates a ghosts defences and causes them pain. It doesn't matter if the ghost has high pain tolerance because it's bypassing their strength and abilities, it's a hax based device.

It's clear the device effected Dan, it's clear after Dan steps out of the fire he's completely unaffected by the belts effect, and it's clearly shown the belt is still trying to effect him yet literally nothing is happening.

This is going to go in circles so I'll just wait and see what others think.

How do you know that? I know it happened when he killed Danny, but he didn't even seem very angry in that scene. He kills for kicks and had no reason to despise his human half any more than any of his other victims at that point.

I also think that there does not seem to be remotely sufficient proof to assign the reactive evolution ability. Dan likely simply grew powerful enough from rage to shake off the pain.

Why is everyone talking about him gaining power through rage. He never was enraged when coming out of the fire. That's something he hasn't remotely shown, he doesn't gain power through rage. How is this not remotely enough proof. He's clearly effected by the belt and visually cries out in pain, gets knocked back, and then literally comes back and doesn't show the slightest form of being effected.

You guys can't just tag Rage Power on to this without evidence that he was enraged and considering when he took the belt off and grabbed Danny, he didn't just knock him out with one hit but duplicated himself and started playing around with him with a smile on his face. Unless you guys are saying Dan can got incredibly enraged then just turned it off in an instant because?...

Unless Dan indicates he was enraged I see no reason to assume he was especially given he didn't act out.

I'm just going to point out how u have issue with everyone assuming "Rage power" because he does not display any outward display of anger but u are completely fine with us assuming "RE" an ability that is not alluded to in any way inseries and aside from this single instance- which is still dubious as hell to refer to as RE- does not show itself in any capacity.

"Rage power" in itself has more credibility than RE, Danny has had a few instances where because he was frustrated enough or angry enough has put out more power than he expects to or is usually capable of. The episode where a ghost poses as his guidance counsellor comes to mind, he did it at least twice in that episode.

Just re looked at the moment in the episode.

Danny puts the belt on him, a white energy covers his body and he cries out in pain. Danny then punches him and sends him into the truck and we get a look at Dan right before the truck explodds and his face isn't one of rage but of surprise as he looks around then boom. He then steps out of the fire with a scowl on his face then while looking at Danny he simply reaches down and rips the belt off. While in his hand we see the belt still trying to cause him pain yet literally nothing is happening.

So when Danny puts the belt on, Dan cries out in pain, Danny wacks Dan into a truck and we get a look at Dan who is no longer crying out in pain and isn't enraged or in pain but surprised and looks around. The truck explodes and from the fire Dan emerges with a scowl on his and while not taking his eyes of of Danny, Dan casually rips the belt off. He then grabs Danny and pulls him back causing him to stumble back an hit the floor. Dan then looks down at Danny, creates three other duplicates and they just roll on him.

Him being enraged isn't shown other than that scowl on his face however we say him right before the truck explodes and he isn't enraged and the belt isn't effecting him. So rage power is out he showed he was unaffected even before he emerged from the fire with the scowl on his face.

@Davidsteel1

Read my latest comment. He's unaffected by the belt before his supposed "Rage Power Up".

Determination works just as well as rage, but is not particularly relevant, as it could be due to other factors as well.

In any case, RE seems like far too much of unproven speculation.

Not really

The Specter Deflector specifcally negs ghost defenses to my knowledge, so just being mad or trying to ignore it won't work

It could of course simply be bad writing. The point is that we cannot use pure guesswork for something like this.

@Antvasima

What determination?. He got effected, cried out in pain, Danny punches him and sends him into a truck, Dan looks around in surprise.

He doesn't have a look of determination, rage, fear, happiness. He's looking around in shock and even while the belt is active he's just laying there unaffected period and isn't enraged.

So now you guys are telling me that in those brief seconds of Danny hitting him and him smashing into the truck. Dan quickly activated his "Determination" or "Rage Power"?... Even though he's more surprised and is looking at the truck he just smashed against with no indication of rage and no effect from the belt. His power just shot up in seconds with no explanation and as I explained he isn't "enraged" at this point.

How is this unproven?. This scene fits the power just fine. Dan is shown 100% effected by the belt, in just seconds he is shown unaffected by the belt and has yet to even get enraged.

I don't think that is enough evidence for reactive evolution. I'd say he just gritted his teeth and got use to the pain. Nothing reactive evolution about that.

LordGriffin1000 said:
The Spectrer Deflector effects cannot be negated by a high pain tolerance. It's Anti-Ghost Technology!, It negates a ghosts defences and causes them pain. It doesn't matter if the ghost has high pain tolerance because it's bypassing their strength and abilities, it's a hax based device.
Pain is a mental thing, so nothing to do with their strength and abilities. Unless you were to show blatant evidence that the pain it causes cannot be ignored, simply saying "it's hax based" isn't enough. Saying you can't resist that through pain tolerance is like saying you can't fight through any kind of supernatural method of inflicting pain because "it's hax" even if that pain is something equal or lesser than more mundanely-inflicted pain you've tolerated before.

@Monarch

Their was no gritting his teeth. He was completely effected, got punched, hit a truck, and looks around at the truck with a face that doesn't suggest he's trying to hold back the pain.

Again, it's Anti-Ghost Technology, it's effecting him due to what he is, his entire physiology is effected,

Anti Ghost tech that causes pain to them. Ok, now prove that it's pain that can't simply be tolerated.

It's not reactive evolution, it's literally just him getting used to the pain. Nothing more.

Getting use to the pain that literally effects everything about him in seconds. Anti-Ghost Technology has shown to not only bypass their strength, but also disrupt their physiology completely. Even Vlad Plasmius has shown this. He got the Specter Deflector attached to him and he cried out in pain and in seconds the belt couldn't cause him pain anymore. His powers got effected as well and he couldn't use them, showing the belt is still in effect yet he shows no signs of "getting use to the pain" there is no more struggling, there is no rage power.

If they just "got use to the pain" we would still see the energy coursing through them. When touching a ghost the Spectrer Deflector covers them in energy and causes them pain. Even with a high pain tolerance, the effects would still show, but it doesn't even tho the belt is still active and is constantly causing them pain. The energy that the belt is covering them in doesn't show anymore, meaning it's effects aren't getting through to them. They aren't holding back the pain. In seconds, their bodies evolved to the point where the energy from the belt can't get to them. If it was a high pain tolerance, the white energy would still be surrounding their bodies and they would have the faces of people trying to hold back the pain.

Not only that but the belt is a repellent. When a person is wearing the belt and charge a ghost, covers them in the energy and while causing the ghost pain, it forces them back and this aura field also negates ghosts abilites.

Dan and Vlad are literally wearing a belt that covers them in an aura that continuesly shocks them, negating their very powers and physiology, crushing them because since they are wearing the belt it can't force them back so it can only go one way.

Since it's Anti-Ghost Technology and it's targeting their very biological structure it doesn't Stop Working!. Even if they had a high pain tolerance that wouldn't stop the belts effects, it would still be covering them in an energy field, that's constantly crushing them, causing them pain, and negating their powers yet the belt stops covering them with energy. Meaning they had to evolve for the belt to stop seeing them as ghosts otherwise it wouldn't stop even if the get use to the pain.

Lol now it's a writing argument?. Rage Power, then Determination, then pain tolerance, then resistance to power null, and now dramatic writing... I don't care anymore. I'm closing this, Dan and Vlad already has Resistance to Power Nullification. I'm done with this bullshit, it's getting nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back