• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Haven't done a revision for re zero in a while, and important stuff like Reinhard vs Cecilius and Emilia's backstory story Bond of Ice still aren't translated, but for now some stuff can be changed.

Regulus
Attack Potency

He is currently rated as being City level for being able to destroy cities:

[Ferris: Yes, and especially well known among them are "Sloth" and "Greed". Greed, as previously mentioned, is known for annihilating entire cities. Sloth, on the other hand, seemed to be behind every little disturbance caused by the Witch Cult. But Sloth has already been beautifully eliminated by our punitive expedition nyan… Right, Subaru-kyun?]
~ Arc 3 Interlude III​
Now issue with this is we have no time frame for it, so we can't use this, and we still haven't seen what happened when he destroyed the city where he was fighting Kurgan.

So i propose he gets downgraded to Small City level for being superior to Puck, Puck is scaled to Minerva who can rupture mountains, something i overlooked before is the fact that Puck can create snowstorms just by existing in his Beast of the End form, so that's further proof for him being Small City level.

Speed

His speed should be changed from Unknown to Normal Human, it's repeatedly stated he has the speed of a normal person and has literally no combat expertise.

With his authority however he should be At least Hypersonic+, likely higher for being comparable to Reinhard:

Rising with a jump, Regulus's body flew forward in a straight line. With incredibly agile speed, and movements of a dirty casual, he flew in a straight line. In this rare moment, Regulus could achieve an acceleration that could shock even Reinhardt. However, without being able to see that mechanism, his understanding of it was limited. Subaru: "Fuuu!" Accelerating with his right foot, without hesitation his body flew toward the left. Regulus's goal was to slam directly into Subaru, but he was thwarted by the limitation of [linearity]. In summary, the Regulus's momentary superhuman ability, was the result of an application of freezing his physical form. The time of his body was cut off from the world, and would not be interfered with again, was that man's power. If he were to attack suddenly in this way, whether gravity, air resistance, or inertia, none could restrain him. It wasn't always in effect, which should be because there were restrictions—
~ Arc 5 Chapter 58​
Reinhard
Attack Potency

Since Regulus is being downgraded he should also be downgraded to Small City level in Base.

Abilities

Currently Reinhard has some resistances which where based on the assumption he could resist authorities, but this is wrong as the author has confirmed authorities work on him:

Q: Reinhard, Happy Birthday! If I may ask, does Reinhard have the power to ignore the authority of an archbishop? If that sort of blessing exists, please tell me it's name, too. Thanks in advance.
A: It doesn't exist. Since blessings can't beat authorities.
~ Reinhard's birthday 2019, Q&A tweets​
This has been confirmed in the story as well such as when Reinhard stated Sirius's authority works on him:

Subaru: "She has a brainwashing ability. Although it feels a little better now… if I heard her voice or looked at her now, I'd immediately fall back under it."
Reinhardt: "I know. And not just with sound and sight. It seems that even being in her presence will have that effect. If I'm near her for too long, I don't know if I could remain calm."

Subaru: "You're kidding, even you…!?"

Hearing Reinhardt's vulnerable statement, Subaru fell into a speechless desperation.

Although he had no basis in believing so, he'd been convinced that as long as Reinhardt were here, everything would be fine. However, Reinhardt himself had told Subaru that he wouldn't be unaffected by Sirius.
~ Arc 5 Chapter 21​
So he should lose his Resistances to Death Manipulation, Pain Manipulation, Empathetic Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and also Illusion Creation, not sure where that is from.

More AP Downgrades
Since Regulus is being downgraded, Reid Astrea, Shaula and Felt with Metia should be downgraded to Small City level.

Would Isekai Quartet have any effect on his stats (Reinhards)

It may be a cross over, but it seems to be true to the canon with the same voice actors and everything. And it goes into depth for some characters and explore abilities they have

"He automatically dodges attacks he's never seen before, he automatically dodges first attacks, he also automatically dodges the rest of your attacks, there is also a rumor that if he dies he comes back to life, auto-dodge for long ranged attacks, 100% accuracy for all ranged attacks, immunity to shamen spells, buffs and debuffs, any elemental spells also" (Via his divine protection according to Subaru)

In the words of Ainz Ooal Gown "How do you beat that!?" He's built up to be the strongest character across Overlord, Re; Zero and Konosuba in the crossover. upgrade!

It's a non cannon crossover, and we already knew all that info before.

It does clarify how his First Attack Immunity and Proceeding Attack Immunity work though, before it's just stated that attacks miss him, this clarifies that it's because he auto dodges them.

It's seems like some sort of instinctive reaction, but probably can just be chalked up to his precog which works based of his instincts and predicts future attacks in advance.

I think it's rather Instinctive reaction, in the still image used as a representation he's casually walking along while he just naturally dodges them. I don't see why it can't be added since it explains something in-verse.

Upgrade cause he's the strongest in the cross over

It would be good to add since we can finally define the ability and it no being an NLF anymore, however idk if we can do that since it's a crossover.

I would very much love to add it but idk.

We will have to get some input on whether we can give instinctive reaction based on the crossover clarifying an ability.

What do you think about everything else i proposed?

Looks fine but honestly couldn't "At least Small City level" (Stated to be powerful enough to destroy cities, but the exact time frame is unknown) be fine? I mean, the only issue is that we don't know the time frame, and Reinhard is conisderbaly stronger than Puck

I think every proposals in the Opening Statements are fine.

Also, for our Crossovers guideline, we can't scaled or make page for non-cannon crossover.

Profiles for crossover versions of characters from crossover games, and plot-irrelevant guest characters should NOT be allowed.

• Examples: Mario (Smash Bros.), Thor (Marvel vs. Capcom), Jason Voorhees (Mortal Kombat), and Noctis (Tekken 7) As an extension of above, UNLESS their crossover version is basically defined by the crossover.

The difference is this is a more "official" crossover. Same voice actor and all that Jazz. All characters stay true to how they are in the anime, and their abilities are all exactly the same as they would be.

But if it's not acceptable that is also fine.

@Zenkai I mean he was going to be At least Small City level due to being superior to Minerva, Reinhard himself has no city level statements or feats (at least none that's translated so far) it's Regulus who does, and also Puck when he goes genocidal and freezes the world though that feat is the same issue, no idea how long it takes but we do know Reinahrd with Reid can revert that with one sword swing.

@Elizhaa It's not a crossover profile that would be made or scaling to any ap feats or anything, just an explanation of an ability Reinhard has which hasn't been explained yet and atm is an NLF, the ability says basically all attacks miss him, but we didn't know the mechanic, this crossover tells us he dodges them.

@Zenkaibattery1, these additions are not enough either to be a cannon crossover. The crossover must be canon to the original series to considered a canon crossover.

@Celestial Pegasus, then, I think it is a case by case basis regarding the abilities' explanation judgments. I think it could be fine.

Reinhard should also have info analysis i guess, since he can see other ppl's divine protection and know what it can do.

[Subaru: Hey, Reinhard. Do you know of an innate ability that can see people's, or rather … … Oh right, they're divine protections. Can't such things like divine protections be seen?]
[Reinhard: I think there's a divine protection which learns about people's divine protections. I've heard that the owner of the "Divine protection of Judgement" can see them. They aren't in Lugunica, but in Vollachia, aren't they? I see, so we want to check what kind of divine protection Liliana-sama has? It will certainly become one of our main questions.] When he understood the purpose of Subaru's question, Reinhard went deep into thought. Since he just tried to ask because he had nothing to lose, even he knew that he had asked something unreasonable from Reinhard. Subaru shook his head to the pondering red haired youth and said "Never mind". [Subaru: Although I strangely expected something since you said that you heard all kinds of incredible things, it's not like you'd be convenient to that extent. It's fine. For now, we'll be able to cancel Wrath's authority somehow with Liliana's song after testing it a little … … ] [Reinhard: You don't need to worry about it, Subaru. ―― I've received it now.] [Subaru: Ha?] Patting the shoulder of Subaru who tried to propose an experiment with Liliana's song, Reinhard smiled. After that, while narrowing his blue eyes, he gazed at Liliana who was performing in the corner of the room. And then, [Reinhard: I was surprised. Liliana holds the "Divine protection of Telepathy".] [Subaru: I was surprised by you because of the divine protection from just now. Eh? What did you say just now? Did you say that you received it? What did you receive, the treasure that is children?] [Reinhard: Subaru, it's not a situation to be making fun of. I have been able to confirm Liliana-sama's divine protection. The "Divine protection of telepathy" is, so to speak, a divine protection which transmits the owner's thought to others. It's a divine protection which primarily just transmits trivial thoughts to companions whom the owner shares a close bond with, but … … a song, huh? I hadn't even thought of something like that.]
~ Arc 5 Chapter 47​
Edit: Puck's range in the Beast of the End should be kilometers due to being able to create snowstorms.

Also on the topic of Reinhard's resistances, we are given an official list of them and he has demonstrated them multiple times like not being able to get drunk due to poison immunity or causally strolling up to Puck despite Puck freezing everything around him at absolute zero.

While his Magic Resistance makes no curses, debuffs, or buffs able to affect him, obviously we wouldn't say he is immune to such things, we should limit it to abilities shown in Re Zero, excluding authorities.

As such i propose he gains resistances to time stop, age manipulation, bfr, power nullification, spatial manipulation, sense manipulation, as these are all abilities Beatrice has which are dark type magic so should be covered either by his magic resistance or darkness immunity, and soul manipulation since Julius can destroy souls, and this would be covered by magic resistance.

More can probably apply to him, but i haven't exactly cataloged all debuff or other type abilities that aren't authorities in re zero.

Information analysis' and Reinhard's resistances' additions look fine to me.

I know I'm late on this but I' so glad someone got around to this.

I just have one thing to add, I think Regulus's AP/Dura should just be unknown. The nature of his authority ignores durability, AP doesn't affect him because of SOT, and he is weaker than Subaru w/o it.

True, durability doesn't even apply to him either, even if you blew up the planet it wouldn't hurt him since his body is cut off from the flow of time.

Btw any resistances for Reinhard that we can add come to mind? Read re zero years ago and never put down every single feat, only started doing that recently.

TBH I'm not even sure were the knowledge of most of his Divine Blessings come from let alone what other resistances he might have. Probably side/what-if stories.

It comes from the scan on his profile which lists his blessings though not all since he has over 100 and is constantly getting more which is why even the author finds it bothersome to list them all.

As i said above we know what resistances he has so we scaled him to abilities shown in re zero which he should logically resist, this excludes authorities cause he can't resist those.

In one side story, don't remember which one he didn't drink alcohol cause his poison resistance means he can't get drunk, in like chapter 70 something of arc 4 he causally walked up to puck, lifted him on and slammed him into the ground despite puck passively freeing everything around him.

In the ayamatsu if dark lord subaru tried poisoning him which failed and a bunch of other things including ambushes, and still failed after thousands of times.

He is pretty much untouchable in the series in terms of abilities working on him, unless it's an authority like the brokeness that is regulus.

Since this is a revision thread anyway I'll bring up something else that's been bugging me: Frederica's 8-B rating.

I get that she's apparently scaled from Rem but that seems inconsistant with what's shown. She was significantly weaker than Gariel and Elsa to the point that she would have just been in the way if she stayed to help. And if I understand the scaling chain correctly Oni Rem => Elsa.

So clearly Fred can't be scaling from Oni form Rem, but if she's scaling from Base Rem then she could just be 9-B like base Ram.

It was from statement about her being comparable to Rem, don't remember in which q&a it was, but yea she was pretty fodder to Garfiel and Elsa, she does have feat of kicking through a wall though so her being comparable to Base Rem makes sense.

Ok so i will change Regulus stats excluding speed to unknown and also downgrade frederica to 9-B.

Thinking back on it Regulus survived being thrown into the ground by Reinhardt, albeit barely. So maybe he could get 9-B durability?

That would be for when he isn't using his authority cause durability doesn't really fit when he is using it, as for that he was surviving by using his authority for 5 seconds at a time and even then by the end his body was messed up so don't think he should have 9-B durability.

Speaking of that feat, everyone was speaking as if Reinhard would kick him to the bottom of the earth but he stopped before that lol, probably gonna need the anime to depict it before knowing how deep that hole is.

Excluding that though rethinking things just by scaling Reinhard might be 7-B, Puck just by existing is 2.4 megatons, city level starts at 6.3 megatons, Sekmet is able to kill all the other witches in under a minute, Echidna is comaprable to Roswaal who is comparable to Puck, Reinhard>Reid>Sekmet>Typon>Daphne>Echidna=Puck (2.4 megatons).

If Sekmet is strong enough to beat the other 5 witches below her at once, even just assuming she's only 5 times stronger than the other witches below her or Puck that would make her 12 megatons. So I wouldn't scaling her and those above her as 7-B because of that.

"Q. What if all witches were to fight, excluding Envy?

A. Sekhmet will kill all others under a minute."

Yea she can beat all of them at once.

Yea she is the strongest witch excluding The Whitch of Envy.

So i think we can scale her to City level and subsequently Reid, Shaula and Reinhard.

Cool.

One minor thing, Aldebara should just be 8-B, he is stated to be an upper mid tier character, just that is enough since all mid tiers are 8-B.

I am gonna make a Capella profile.

There are handful of profiles I want to make too. If I can figure out how to make a blog I'll post them there first.

Also I think how I define Re:Zero mid tiers is different than others.

The first 2 are easy enough, the last two, not so much, they haven't appeared anywhere except that Rem if, if i remember correctly, which i haven't read, well i have but not that far into it, since i wasn't interested in the blatant fanservice.

There is so much Rem content while other stuff never gets translated, still waiting on Reinhard vs Celius.

Anyway that was sort of off topic, i think we are done with this thread, can continue discussing other stuff on the discussion thread.

Back