• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
It was only a matter of time before I got to fixing up this verse. This will be adding or proving evidence for powers already on his page, as well as going over his speed, lifting strength and weaknesses.

Note: Given the ninja suit holds all the power, Randy doesn't actually grow stronger so there is no need to make a separate tabber for season 1 and 2.

Abilities

While Randy has abilities listed on his page, they don't have much description and he's missing some. Below I'll show evidence for said abilities.

Transformation and Statistics Amplification: Randy gets the Ninja Mask and when Randy puts it on, he's transformed into The Ninja. It's directly stated by Randy himself that the outfit allows him to do things he could never do before which is clearly referring to his physical abilities.

Weapon Mastery: This is on his page but it's worded out, when it should just say Weapon Mastery (Skilled with various types of weapons like swords, chain knife sickles, blade discs, nightsticks, and more).

Stealth Mastery: I'm actually shocked this isn't on his page honestly. Anyway, Randy has been shown sneaking into places without anyone seeing him. Randy manages to sneak into a launch room full of people and drop a smoke bomb and just spawn in like he teleported, which we know he can't do. It's even stated later in the episode by Vicroy that he is a ninja so stealth is his thing.

Smoke Manipulation: Randy has this on his page but it's link under Smoke Bombs which is incorrect for the Powers and Abilities section. Just saying Some Bombs is something for Equipment section. It should be changed to Limited Smoke Manipulation (Smoke Bombs) and a gif of Randy using them will be linked in Smoke Bomb.

Note: I showed a gif of Randy using the smoke bomb in the Stealth Mastery addition above.

Dimension Storage: Randy pulls a sword out from within the ninja suit, and earlier in the episode, the Nomicon stated that he needed to believe in the weapon within the suit and it was referring to the sword. Given Randy is in a skin tight suit and repeatedly pulls various weapons out of the suit, he should have Dimensional Storage.

Light Manipulation: Randy uses flash bombs to blind a monster and escape, in another episode he used glow balls to light up a pitch black room.

Elasticity: His scarf can stretch great lengths.

Acrobatics: Another power I'm surprised isn't already on his page. He's shown to be acrobatic on multiple occasions.

Surface Scaling: This is on his page but it has no context. To elaborate, Randy can't simply walk on walls, he needs to activate the spikes in his shoes so he can run on walls.

Air Manipulation: Randy learned how to use the Ninja Air Fist, which is wind in the shape of a fist.

Fire Manipulation: In the episode "Evil Spirit Week", Randy destroys the ninja mask that was linked to an evil bird demon by throwing it into fire. The mask reforms itself about a minute later and when Randy tries it on, he gains fire manipulation. In another episode he uses the Tangu Fire Ball, and in a later episode, we see different types of balls the ninja has and one is the Hot Ball which sets things on fire.

Ice Manipulation: Ninja cold ball.

Electricity Manipulation: Ninja electric ball.

Insect Manipulation: Ninja bee ball.

Organic Manipulation: Not sure what this goo stuff is but I think it counts to an organic substance. It's called a Slip ball.

Invisibility: Randy can camouflage himself.

Hair Manipulation: It is stated that by focusing his energy, he can alter his appearance. Randy used this ability to grow a mustache and manipulate his hair.

Earth Manipulation: Learned how to manipulate the earth and created a a giant sand worm with his words. He also created sand ninja as well, and we see his sand constructs can regenerate from being cut into pieces so they have regeneration but it's limit is shown to be just large pieces. If they are to small, they won't regenerate.

Note: The Sand Ninja are is listed as duplication but those weren't copies of Randy, he just created ninja. So duplication should be removed, since it's like saying if I could create other humans on the fly, it would count as duplication which it's not.

Healing and Resurrection: Using the art of healing, Randy can increase the growth of plant life, he also hit a skeleton with the technique and brought it to life. This also works on broken objects like bikes.

Explosion Manipulation: Ninja boom ball.

Enhanced Senses: Another thing already on his page but no link. Randy showed that when he's not using his eyes, he can see through smelling. This allowed him to also dodge falling rocks. In season 2 episode "Best Buds". The Nomicon gives Randy super senses to such a degree that chilly touching his skin felt like he was burning and milk made his entire body cold. By the end of the episode, he gained control of all five of his senses and tone them down when he needed, like he did with his eye sight.

Pressure Point Strike: Used his scarf to hit multiple points on Howard's stomach to make him throw up.

Water Manipulation: The Ninja Hydro Hand is a blast of water that can also freeze objects if it's cold enough.

Breaking the Fourth Wall: In season 2 episode "Debbie Middle", Debbie Kang figures our Randy is the ninja to which Randy says is ridiculous. Debbie then states and I quote "I know, Randy Cunningham, 9th grade ninja? It sounds ridiculous." and they both literally look at the screen and smile which is a 4th wall break. Characters actually do this occasionally in this show like in a previous episode when Howard became the ninja, he sang the actually intro along with the original.

Size Manipulation: Randy has an a ball that expands in size which he used to destroy a robot by expanding it's inside until it exploded.

Sound Manipulation: Has a ball that replicates the sound of a running waterfall. Note that it was not a water ball since you see no water on the floor after it ends.

Heat Manipulation: Can generate extreme heat from his body.

Ninja Nomicon Abilities

BFR: The Nomicon can pull the mind of whoever looks at it's pages into the book itself, leaving their body slumped. Randy does this when there is no other option as shown when he used it on Debbie after she figured out he was the Ninja.

The Nomicon also shows it can bfr an entire person into the book if needed.

Memory Manipulation: The Nomicon can erase people's memory which is the ultimate lesson. It also can give said memories back. It can even do this on it's own as shown with Debbie Kang.

Power Bestowal: While in the Nomicon, it is stated that anything is possible. A former Ninja could create weapons and armor, extra limbs and gave himself super speed.

Speed

Sorry but Randy's speed needs to be downgraded to Unknown. The current feats we scale him to are faulty and I'll explain why of course.

Here are the feats we scale him to. The first two feats done by the humans were not accepted so we can skip over those two which bring use to the rocket feat and the laser dodge feat.

Rocket feat

This feat is faulty given the context of the episode. In this very episode, Randy fakes being sick and it gets blown out of proportion and they think he has a serious disease that is so bad, they called for a missile to destroy his home.

Here is the issue. If that missile moved at Relativistic+ speeds, before the guy could call Randy and tell him that they sent the missile strike, said missile would have already destroyed Randy's hours in seconds. However, even after the phone conversation and Randy telling Howard the situation, said missile just now passes over the school on it's way to Randy's house. Sorry but even if that missile was fired from the other side if the planet, it would have made it to it's destination in seconds if it was Relativistic+ in speed.

You even see Howard turn and spot the missile overhead. If it was that fast, he wouldn't have noticed it in general. Unless you want to argue every that happened in that episode was happening at Relativistic+ speeds?.

Laser dodge feat

This shouldn't have been accepted in general since this laser only fits one showing of being a legitimate laser and that is reflecting off of a mirror. However said beam literally transmutates objects into something else... legitimate lasers don't do that period. The person who calcs the feat puts this description in the calc.

"Another calculation from Randy himself was when he dodged an attack from a machine called the "Prankzooka". Despite the name, It is a described as a laser blaster with the ability to change any objects molecular structure into another random structure. I understand the property of transforming object's molecular structure could debunk it being a light beam but with it showing to reflect off mirror's, I would still say it's possibly light speed and will treat it as such."

...It's obvious this isn't enough proof of it being a genuine laser that moves at light speed.

Conclusion

Given these two feats have a major issue (the rockets inconsistent speed, and the laser from the Prankzooka not being a real light speed laser) they should not be used. I don't know any other good speed feats but for right now Randy and anyone who scales to him should be rated Unknown in speed until a new feat is brought forth.

Lifting Strength

I don't know why we have Randy rated at Athletic Human but Class 1 at his peak. We're suppose to rate characters at their peak naturally unless their is a specific reason.

Regardless, Randy's Lifting Strength definitely should be Unknown do to inconsistent showings. He barely could hold up a bookshelf before it collapsed on him, he struggled to hold up an arcade machine, he couldn't slow down a truck so decided to use the air fist, and he struggled to hold up a monster a bit bigger than the average human. However he scales to the first ninja who could lift a large boulder over his head with not a lot of difficulty, and Randy even overpower a small building size monster with effort.

So I suggest Unknown with a description stating why.

Weaknesses

He is also afraid of chickens to a certain degree. While he somewhat embraced the fear, it is shown at the end of the episode, he's still afraid.

It is stated by the Ninja Nomicon that if Randy abuses his powers, he loses his powers.

Standard Equipment

The stuff in his standard equipment is legit but the Ninja Nomicon should be added to his standard equipment.

These changes seem uncontroversial to apply.

Side note, I haven’t seen this in a while, but I have to point it out. Creating Life, such as Ninjas, from something that wasn’t alive, such as Sand, is typically reserved as Life Manipulation. As such, that can be a good replacement for the Sand-Duplication bit.

Has what was accepted here been applied yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back