• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior knowledge doesn't mean that the powers stop working, but it does mean he's gonna take their strikes and stuff seriously.

They start like 4 kilometers away from each other and Culexus' range is a dozen meters. Randall's range is thousands of kilometers.

Randall knowing everything can just easily kill Culexus from that distance.

Randal can't actually affect the CA with magic. You can't magically snipe them, and I'm pretty sure kilometers isnt with hid gun.

Magic is based out of the Warp, just like nearly everything else including stuff like thoughts lol

In that case, I'm not entirely sure the Culexus can null Randall's magic. The Warp appears to only grant soul-based psychic powers. Magic would likely not fall into that boat. The Warp gives people power based on the level of power in their soul, so things unrelated to their soul have nothing to do with the warp. Saying Randall's Magic could be nulled by the Culexus is like saying Ike could prevent a gun from firing.

Its not directly related to souls, necessarily. Nulled magic weapons before and weapons don't exactly have souls. Your soul isn't what powers your warp proficiency usually, it just gets stronger as you do.

Nico-v11 said:
They start like 4 kilometers away from each other and Culexus' range is a dozen meters. Randall's range is thousands of kilometers.

Randall knowing everything can just easily kill Culexus from that distance.
From a distance with.....What?

Ranged magic which gets passively nulled?

Wait, if he's only 8-C via magic, then this becomes a stomp. Aren't his guns supposed to be that strong, or am I thinking of something else?

The Smashor said:
In that case, I'm not entirely sure the Culexus can null Randall's magic. The Warp appears to only grant soul-based psychic powers. Magic would likely not fall into that boat. The Warp gives people power based on the level of power in their soul, so things unrelated to their soul have nothing to do with the warp. Saying Randall's Magic could be nulled by the Culexus is like saying Ike could prevent a gun from firing.
I'm pretty sure this has been addressed multiple times. The Warp is not just souls. If you somehow think Leman Russ wrestling the concept of death or Corax precoging the whole Heresy is a soul-based psychic power. I don't know what to say to you.

The fact is, Soul-Based powers can be basically anything. Just look at a series like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Most characters past part 2 and every character past part 3 have exclusively soul-based powers. Some of these powers include Precognition, Time Stops, Reality Warping, Traveling through dimensions, Becoming a ball of void, Full control over an oil cruiser, Basically Freddy Kruger, Hair Manipulation, Absorbing another person's nutrients, An entire Mirror World, Bringing fictional characters to life and Viruses.

Any type of ability can come from any type of power. This is fiction. Telepathy can come from technology, Soul Manipulation can come from Biology, large scale reality warping can come from an internal source of energy.

Conceptual Manipulation can be soul based. Precognition can be soul based. Bloody ANYTHING can be soul based. Stop wanking. The Culexus can't null magic. This is probably a stomp.

>Literally called anti magic

>Can't null magic

You seem to be rather overly pedantic about this for no reason. But anyways, check out Force Weapons. Force Weapons themselves don't have souls. CAs can still nullify their influence. Evidently, a soul is not required. The warp isn't literally only souls. It's a realm of a lot of things, thoughts, dreams, possibilities, etc. Souls are but one part, and to say that literally everything warp based is tied back to the soul is to demonstrate a profound lack of knowledge on how the warp functions. I'd recommend reading Codex: Chaos Daemons, Codex: Eye of Terror, and Codex: Chaos Space Marines at a bare minimum, or just go to Azathoth's chaos blog.

It's a stomp, but not in the way you think. It's a stomp because now you've basically got an 8-C with instant kill invis and intangibility against a 9-B with no powers allowed. You really gotta let go of this hatred for the Culexus.

I still feel like the Warp can't be equalized to everything, as some people say. Purely physical powers, for example, probably couldn't be nulled.

Also, Konaguna said that Magic users in Warhammer are simply psychers. This means that the Culexus nulling "Magic" in Warhammer is just them nulling flashy versions of what they already null.

Also, the Culexus can null Force Weapons because (I assume) their empowered by Warp (And by extension Soul-Based) powers. After all, everything in Warhammer but the Culexus are connected to the warp.

Also Randall has a few things from the Crimson King, who is WAY above the Culexus' pay grade even if they can null his anything.

And yet that Magic is warp based. Since being Souless (Like the Culexus) give you no presence in the warp, that means the warp is inheritly soul-based. Otherwise, the Culexus would have a presence in the Warp.

Nobody ever really claimed they could (besides stuff like daemons, but that's besides the point)

Psyker's a catch all term, with magic, psychic power, telemetry, etc all running back to the warp.

The warp itself is not powered by souls. This is the central issue here. Yes the warp encompasses soul based powers. THat in no way means every power from the warp requires souls to function, as this is completely antithetical to the very nature of the warp.

Necrons also aren't tied to the warp, and Tau aren't either.

Not in standard equipment he doesn't. Black 13 and the Grapefruit specifically need to be stated to be in play.

I know the warp isn't powered by souls, I mean souls are powered by The Warp.

You need a soul to use the Warp, and a strong soul means you are stronger with the warp. That means that Warp-Based powers are soul based. Am I using a fallacy here?

Yeah while the Warp does have soul stuff it also has conceptual emotion monsters (Daemons) and is full of paradox's, contradictories and impossibilities, boiling the warp down to simply soul based stuff would be very incorrect.

You don't need a soul to use the warp. CA's use the warp themselves, their helmets firing essentially bursts of warp void at people. A strong soul is a by-product of being a powerful psyker, not the cause for it. Thoughts, emotions, dreams, etc are all just as integral to the warp if not moreso than the idea of a soul is, especially since a soul is just a culmination of those before. To say that all warp powers are soul based is a gross oversimplification.

Yeah they **** with emotions and daemon souls and daemon concepts are the same thing. Also sorta being a hole in the warp's gonna do the above.

Have the Culexus ever nullified concepts or emotions? Their helmets firing warp comes from them absorbing it, not from their own personal use of it. You'd know that if you had read their profile on this very wiki. Directly from the Culexus' profile,

"Animus Speculum: The Culexus' ornate helm can function either as a dampener or amplifier of his powers depending on what the situation calls for. As the Culexus nullifies powers that twist and mold reality, users of such powers will find all their energy absorbed into the Animus Speculum, making the Assassin even stronger. While usually used to stifle the Pariah's presence as he stalks the battlefield towards his prey, it can also be used to project his horrific aura, even firing focused blasts of what can only be described as "negative Warp energy" back out; a technique absolutely devastating on all sentient beings."

They use Warp by absorbing it and then releasing it with technology.

The helmets themselves don't exactly have souls. Also, you should know of Spear, the Black Pariah. He can do what the helmet can, but without one. I can pull up quotes for him if you like but his file is in limbo.

That it's able to be used by soulless tech would prove that one doesn't need a soul to use it in the first place, and you seem to be ignoring literally everything else that composes the warp to harp on this one point.

Wokistan said:
You don't need a soul to use the warp. CA's use the warp themselves, their helmets firing essentially bursts of warp void at people. A strong soul is a by-product of being a powerful psyker, not the cause for it. Thoughts, emotions, dreams, etc are all just as integral to the warp if not moreso than the idea of a soul is, especially since a soul is just a culmination of those before. To say that all warp powers are soul based is a gross oversimplification.
You basically repeated what I said but made it sound better

I still feel like, from what I know of it, The Warp is one of the worst written power systems in fiction. It's basically whatever the writers want it to be. They'd be better off not having a power system. It would let everything make more sense. Be remotely understandable. Being confusing for the sake of being confusing isn't good writing, it's being lazy and not bothering to explain anything.

Anyway, all of that is still no reason to assume that the Culexus can null magic. Magic users in Warhammer are still just Psychers, to my knowledge. It's basically a subtrope of Clarke's Third Law. Can you show me a scan that says Magic in Warhammer isn't just the psychic powers in the rest of the series?

Also, if optional equiptment is allowed, then Black Thirteen comes directly from Kingu Crimson no nouryoku himself, and that's a bit above Culexus' pay grade.

Warp actually has a lot going on symbolism wise that makes it intriguing. I feel like you're disliking it just because it's so broad that it makes some characters more broken than they should. I'd really recommend Azathoth's blog if you don't want to read a codex (though I could email you one if you wanted)

I don't need to? Warp stuff isn't an exact science, and probnably it's most defining characteristic is how it flagrantly doesn't follow the rules of reality at all.

Doesn't seem to be allowed, as per the whole

Note: While the character has been seen regularly using Maerlyn's Grapefruit and Black Thirteen throughout numerous appearances, the crystals do not actually belong to him, and he is seen traveling without them in his possession just as often as not. On top of this, both orbs are shown to be sentient, and have a tendency to act on their own whenever they are given the opportunity. As such, they are considered a form of outside help, and must be specified by the OP for them to be used in VS threads.
But if it was it wouldn't get nullified beyond the CA just being hard to target due to messing with perception and all.

@Psycho Black 13 is legal if OP specifies, but that would go in the specifications of the match.

I just shot King a message asking if he has an opinion on this whole magic thing.

Symbolism wise, huh? Well, I might check it out.

Still,

@Konaguna

Do you have a scan or something to show that Warhammer Magic is just fancy psychic powers?

I didn't say they were psyhic powers, I said it was warp Psykery. Psykers borrow the power of the warp use so called psychic powers. Even Psykers like Iskandar Khayo don't consider psykery as magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back