• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ramia-Yana

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
1h2itts9wad81.jpg

Ramia-Yana: Hero & Demon Lord Chronicles is an Epic Fantasy Webcomic written and illustrated by TheGoldenSmurf. The story centers around an eternal conflict between humanity and demonkind, and a mysterious and seemingly-immortal ancient Hero called Ramia. I think it's pretty neat. The art is certainly great, and the story has been picking up as of late. It has the kind of Standard Fantasy Setting you'd see in Dragon Quest or your Typical Isekai but with a Darker Edge to it. You can read it for Free on this website or this other website if you're so inclined.

I also think that Ramia could easily have profiles on VBW. The series has some pretty direct and cool feats and plenty of characters. So in this thread I'll be posting all the feats and statements that the story has shown so far in a comprehensive manner, dividing them by chapter to not clutter things too much. With that being said, let's get into it.

Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
  • Chapter Four consists entirely of a short Flashback Sequence that you can read in full
  • There, we see a scene from over 100 years ago, where an entity that is trapped "on the other side" curses Ramia for apparently betraying her​
  • She refers to Ramia as her "Little Sister", and prophecizes that she will have a miserable death filled with regrets​
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Miscellaneous:

Didn't think I'd find this on VSBW with less than 10 chapters in

I'm pretty sure like a 1-2 years ago, someone put the whole Ramia cracking the mountain feat onto the calc request thread although it didn't get any attention. Maybe we can try calcing that since it's the only feat we have for Ramia (although it seems rather casual).

Assuming we treat the misc artwork as canon (they don't seem to contradict the actual story) we can use the push ups for her stamina and the whole carrying the boulder with one leg as lifting strength.

Oh, nice. This exists now. I was actually planning on making Ramia pages, but gave up pretty quickly.

The story is pretty messy at the moment, but I think it's interesting nonetheless. The art is also extremely good.

I think that the misc artworks can be treated as canon. Nothing would contradict the story.

I've read the first chapter (cause the cover seemed interesting...I like art) when it dropped but like Phoenks said it was messy so I didn't bookmark it.

Didn't expect to see it here..maybe I will give it another chance.

Yeah, Smurf's way of storytelling is pretty chaotic. And not in a good way.

He has a lot of cool ideas, but he shows them off at the worst times, and makes the plot incredibly hard to follow. There's many unnecessary characters and scenes and a severe lack of explanations.

That being said, I'd say it's worth giving it another shot. You'll definitely have to take it slowly though, because if you rush through it you'll end up confused (Like I was).

This is nice to see! Even though it's messy for now, it's still really cool. Honestly the coolness factor and my bias for strong ladies really makes up for the slightly confusing presentation of the plot. I'd love to know some of the proper values for these feats, but I can't calc stuff...

Looking forward to how the Eldarius Fight will go. Will be nice to finally have good feats for the non-God Tiers.

I dunno if there's much to talk about quite yet, I am excited for Ramia's return though.
I'm starting my reading of it slowly but I'll do calcs as I go through for shit ik how to do

Back