• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raizel's Blood Phoenix

Basilisk1995

VS Battles
Retired
Here is the calc of the feat. I calculated it. There is nothing wrong with the calc. The feat that I tried to calc was wrong or say didn't happen.

According to my scaling the crater would have 3000 kilometers+ diameter. That would wipe out the entire country and a part of the continent that the feat took place. While in the series, forget about the country or continent the explosion even didn't destroy the Island or the City that the feat took place. Bottom line is what my calc suugests is not consistent with what we can see later in the series. There was some discussion about this here. There Celestial Pegasus tried to justify the inconsistency. But I don't buy his arguments.

As the calcer myself I don't accept it. What's your opinion? I would suggest we rate Raizel's Blood Phoenix as At least High 6-B.

Appears to be classic case of inconsistency. The calc is fine, but it should not be used for now I think since it really doesn't match the actual output in the context of the story

With regards to Raizel and other nobles, was there an actual calculation that puts them around country level? It seems that there was only the calc for Blood Phoenix, and that is where Raizel gets his tiering from.

It is going to be a lot harder to calculate if Raizel's BP only destroyed a part of the city instead of the entire planet; but the author may have just ignored that altogether.

Curvatures like this and Noblesse never mix well, there have been plenty of times where using the curvature of the Earth would give us stuff like small country sized houses, in fact in just Korean webtoons in general scaling is typically pretty bad

I really have no idea how this scales then i have no problem downgrading raizel and anyone but where exactly do we put him?.We cant use this feat because the scaling is inconsistent and the only other time raizel has used blood phoenix was against roctis and it wasnt that impressive like mountain level at best(though raizel was already pretty weak from using too much life force) and weaker characters have been showing greater feats.

Blood Phoenix should be stronger than Blood Wings. So you can use At least Large Country level.

I don't think you will get any more input because Noblesse is not a very popular series despite its great quality.

Basilisk1995 said:
I don't think you will get any more input because Noblesse is not a very popular series despite its great quality.
Yea its pretty sad side note have you actually started noblesse yet?

Yup 28 chapters. But had to pause because of exam and studies. Will continue later surely.

Basilisk1995 said:
Yup 28 chapters. But had to pause because of exam and studies. Will continue later surely.
Thats good this is offtopic but can you calc what i requested in the calc request thread i know you are busy with your exams but i dont think it will even take you 10 minutes to calc it its a very easy speed calc for raizel.If you cant thats fine

Using 1s I get Mach 990. But I think motion detector would work much faster. Could you do some internet research on motion detectors and get me a better timeframe?

Basilisk1995 said:
Using 1s I get Mach 990. But I think motion detector would work much faster. Could you do some internet research on motion detectors and get me a better timeframe?
Ok

I have searched around and havent really found much information besides that there are different kinds of motion sensors and some are faster than others.What i have found on their response times are in the millisecond range however.http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/.../Ultrasonic-Advantages-and-Disadvantages.html. Here it says ultrasonic motion sensors respond in 0.002 or 0.003 seconds.But there are more state of the art ones that can react even faster.Considering that the sensor was designed by takeo and he has gensius level intellect i think the sensor would be state of the art as well.Other sensors can react in 39 milliseconds and the best one i have seen as a response time of 10 microseconds.

And one more thing if takeo was supersonic and it would take him 15 minutes to go to that place. Then we have a distance of 336.897 kilometers. Is that consistent with the context of the story?

Basilisk1995 said:
And one more thing if takeo was supersonic and it would take him 15 minutes to go to that place. Then we have a distance of 336.897 kilometers. Is that consistent with the context of the story?
It is, the size of place was never given all we know is that its a building used by the union.Other union buildings have been shown to have multiple floors underground so its consistent as it could extend deep underground plus there are likely corners and mazes so its consistent.

""multiple floors underground"" is nowhere near enough for 336.897 kilometers. (i said kilometers not meters) It is a distance between two cities. So was the building in another city or like really far?

Basilisk1995 said:
""multiple floors underground"" is nowhere near enough for 336.897 kilometers. (i said kilometers not meters) It is a distance between two cities. So was the building in another city or like really far?
Hmm well as i said it was never stated where exactly the building is all we know is that its an old union building,the union are the same people who created modified humans capable of standing up to nobles so i dont think its far fetched to think they could build such a building.What i am saying is that we dont know the exact size of the building or where exactly it is but other buildings built by the union have been shown to extend underground and have multiple floors.

And where were those buildings? In the same city?

All I need is is it possible the building is in another city or outside the city?

Basilisk1995 said:
And where were those buildings? In the same city?
All I need is is it possible the building is in another city or outside the city?
Give me a sec gotta check but i think they were still in south korea

So, with regards to this calculation, how much does the area of the motion sensor cover? Surely it only covers the building they were in and not the entire city.

Anyways, I really don't believe that this feat is close to being relativistic at all. Maybe MHS+ at most.

Crazystarf said:
So, with regards to this calculation, how much does the area of the motion sensor cover? Surely it only covers the building they were in and not the entire city.

Anyways, I really don't believe that this feat is close to being relativistic at all. Maybe MHS+ at most.
If the 10 microseconds is correct, even if he only traveled one or two kilometers, I'm pretty sure we'd still at least get sub-rel or sub-rel+, any higher and I'd say this is an outlier though

""So, with regards to this calculation, how much does the area of the motion sensor cover? Surely it only covers the building they were in and not the entire city.""

This is not an issue with this calc. Raizel went to the building which triggered the alarm which was sent to the device on that person's hand or whatever within this time Raizel travelled the distance.

Ok i have looked through a lot of chapters and what i have found is that the building where it took place is the old union building there is only one building which is the union building it is located somewhere in south korea no exact location is given.The feat is about raizel going from the first floor of the building to where ever takeo is.Takeo is underground how far exactly wasnt given what is known is that the union building goes underground and many places were shown in there so its pretty big.The sensor was installed on the first floor of the building raizel went from the first floor to wherever takeo is in faster than the sensor could detect his movements.It would take takeo and the rest of d-5 15-20 minutes to get where takeo is.

39 milisecond and 336.897 km gives 0.029c = Sub-Relativistic. It won't be any higher than that.

Hey, hold on it happened in the same building. I mean Takeo was in the building where Raizel triggerred the alarm? Then it can't even be 1 kilometer forget about 336.897 kilometers.

Basilisk1995 said:
Hey, hold on it happened in the same building. I mean Takeo was in the building where Raizel triggerred the alarm? Then it can't even be 1 kilometer forget about 336.897 kilometers.
Yea it was the same building as for it being 336km long might be a strech to think that even if the union is technologically advanced but doing a rough calc myself and assuming the members of d-5 are all human in terms of speed(even though they are clearly superhuman) so their speed being 26 mph the distance would be about 6 miles.And if raizel travelled that distance in .003 seconds then he would still be sub-rel.I think the distance is a bit irrelevant for this calc even if the distance was a mile he would still be mhs+

OK, finally commenting on this, I looked back through Noblesse and saw that all the country level shenanigans are calculated from light blasts, whereas this one is not. So it's a no go simply because it doesn't represent the curvature of the earth (the panel beforehand would).

Also, I don't think I agree with the sensor calc. M-21 was laughing right as Raizel arrived and he clearly doesn't have chuckles rated in microseconds. I'd accept a second for the timeframe but those links are beyond what I think is possible.

Plus, they had the conversation about the sensor before he arrived as well.

Back