• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rainbow Dash vs Speed Of Sound Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of Rainbow Dash are you using?

Ryukama said:
Which version of Rainbow Dash are you using?
Both are the current versions of each character, guess I should've put it in the description, but no Rainbow Power, even though I personally don't think it would make a big difference without the other 5 Elements

Well the calculation for Element RD's speed isn't working for me (it just links to error each time I click to the link) So it's hard to say since I don't know exactly how fast she is.

Ryukama said:
Well the calculation for Element RD's speed isn't working for me (it just links to error each time I click to the link) So it's hard to say since I don't know exactly how fast she is.
Well, Rainbow Powered Rainbow really hasn't shown any speed feats that makes her faster then her Base, at least I don't think anyway, I think the Elements show how powerful they really are when all 6 are together, when separated, they aren't nearly at problematic, but I guess it would make sense for them to get a buff, then again, if so, then RD would be like Tier 8 with Sonic Rainboom while Sonic is well within Tier 7, which means Sonic stomps, however, both are MHS+, however I don't what Mach, RD is Mach 8,100, don't know where Sonic is at

Speed of Sound Sonic's high end is in the mach 3000's (scaling to Tornado)

So Rainbow Power RD stomps via both speed and possibly AP. Like I said it's hard to say the winner against Element RD since the link to her speed calc is dead.

ExerciseDancefloors said:
Using tiering is pointless, because a lower tier character can kill a planet buster.
What are you talking about? Tiering is FAR from pointless.

The only ways lower tier character can kill a planetbuster is either with absurd amount of plot induced stupidity, or the character having an ability that negates durability.

And levels of attack potency can be EXTREMELY broad. Small Planet to Planet level alone is over 137 times. And Solar System and Multi Solar System can have a gap of over a TRILLION. Do you honestly think strength gaps of that magnitude are irrelevant in a fight?

Ryukama said:
Using tiering is pointless, because a lower tier character can kill a planet buster.
What are you talking about? Tiering is FAR from pointless.
The only ways lower tier character can kill a planetbuster is either with absurd amount of plot induced stupidity, or the character having an ability that negates durability.

And levels of attack potency can be EXTREMELY broad. Small Planet to Planet level alone is over 137 times. And Solar System and Multi Solar System can have a gap of over a TRILLION. Do you honestly think strength gaps of that magnitude are irrelevant in a fight?

Not always, but determination, cartoon physics, and hax play a huge role in that category. I apologize for generalizing, but I was speaking based on the battles between the FF and Galactus + Cybertronians and Unicron.

Not always, but determination, cartoon physics, and hax play a huge role in that category. I apologize for generalizing, but I was speaking based on the battles between the FF and Galactus + Cybertronians and Unicron.
Alright then it's okay. You are right. Hax is an important factor and (depending on the power) can make AP not as valuable in a certain fight. But unless you mean the ability from Undertale, determination means nothing in a fight unless tiers were already somewhat comparable. An ant is never going to beat my shoe no matter how determined it is. I am never going to beat an army tank no matter how determined I am.

DBZMLP12345 said:
Ryukama said:
Well, Rainbow Powered Rainbow really hasn't shown any speed feats that makes her faster then her Base, at least I don't think anyway, I think the Elements show how powerful they really are when all 6 are together, when separated, they aren't nearly at problematic, but I guess it would make sense for them to get a buff, then again, if so, then RD would be like Tier 8 with Sonic Rainboom while Sonic is well within Tier 7, which means Sonic stomps, however, both are MHS+, however I don't what Mach, RD is Mach 8,100, don't know where Sonic is at
Rainbow Dash's cartoon physics should negate the majority of Sonic's attacks. Although she lacks hax in MOST episodes, the episodes where she uses hax appear to have proven she can take this fight. As for the race, I'm also going with Rainbow.

Ryukama said:
Speed of Sound Sonic's high end is in the mach 3000's (scaling to Tornado)

So Rainbow Power RD stomps via both speed and possibly AP. Like I said it's hard to say the winner against Element RD since the link to her speed calc is dead.
Thing is, we don't know if Rainbow's AP surpasses Sonics while in the Rainbow Power state, we don't even know if she can access the Rainbow power individual or if she can only use it when her friends are with her, even if she could access it, we don't know if each of them individually go up an entire tier from their Bases or if they are only that powerful working as a team like when they fire off the Rainbow beam like they did with Nightmare, Discord and Tirek

@DBZMLP Rainbow Dash would still blitz pretty bad if she is in the mach 8000's. Speed of Sound Sonic's high end is only 3000's.

Rainbow Dash already escaped of several lightnings (sorry, I just forgot what episode is, but soon after that, she deviates from many other lightning), this would give some upgrade? And i think just for this, she would deviates of all atks of Sonic.
12576312 735298863267782 880165484 n

IIRC the dead link was around Mach 2000 or so in speed, but the recent speed calculation for Luna should scale to RD, so she should be about that speed which would be Sub-Rel, so Rainbow wins a race. She only beats Sonic in a fight if she has Rainbow Power.

Pikachu942 said:
IIRC the dead link was around Mach 2000 or so in speed, but the recent speed calculation for Luna should scale to RD, so she should be about that speed which would be Sub-Rel, so Rainbow wins a race. She only beats Sonic in a fight if she has Rainbow Power.
So, Rainbow is Sub Relativistic now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back