• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raimi Spider-Man upgrades, creating Raimi Green Goblin page

Didn't know non-616 needed board approval for upgrades so just going over my points-

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/326400

Iustitia Prime said:
https://youtu.be/d1e6O_6oe0I?t=1m52s
Raimi Spidey has a better spider sense, sees people in slow motion, tanked a human-vaporizing grenade to the face, and lifted a huge ******* wall after using his body to stop a train at max speed. He also has natural webbing and doesn't need web cartriges.

Ermagerhd MCU is supersonic. Let's be real the only thing MCU Spidey has on Raimi is the Spider flashlight. I loved Civil War but anything MCU Spidey can do Raimi Spidey can do better.

As of now, before Homecoming, Raimi would break MCU in half.
Iustitia Prime said:
No way in hell. Green Goblin's pumpkin grenades were easily room level and Raimi Spidey tanked that shit to the face with just a bloody lip. Raimi Spideman outran gunfire from the Green Goblin's glider. Raimi Spiderman also showed a much greater range and could slingshot himself into the sky with his webbing, which he creates naturally and doesn't need to refill. He took a beating from Green Goblin and returned the favor.
Until Homecoming comes out and MCU Spidey actually does something more impressive than catch Winter Soldier's punch or lift a small jet bridge then Raimi takes this. He's stronger, tougher, has better spider sense, more stamina, and is an experienced fighter. If Captain America can edge out over him then Raimi Spidey would break him.
I don't feel the current page does Raimi era Spider-Man justice. Here are the edits I propose-

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man_(Raimi_Movies)?diff=600861&oldid=587959

And yes I realize that Room and Small Building are the same tier. That was slip up on my part.

It's still worth noting that this Spidey's strength and durability should put him towards the high-end of that spectrum. Tanked getting thrown into a speeding train, stopping another speeding train in its tracks, holding up a falling cable car full of people with one arm for over a minute - twice - while taking hits from Green Goblin, holding up tens of tons of falling steel wall for over a minute before tossing it away, taking Green Goblin's pumpkin grenades - which destroyed chunks of a large building - to the face unharmed, reacting to fire from his uncle's killer's handgun and Green Goblin's glider's four cannons and missile launcher, etc.

For what it's worth I think a profile should also be made for Reimi's Green Goblin. He was a beast like Spidey and his glider and gadgets gave him more DC besides his immense strength.

God-King Superman77 said:
Didn't he get tagged by Green Goblin's razor weapons?

1 of them.

After dodging 5, then trading blows with GG, then swatting 2. A third then cut his arm from behind immediately after he destroyed the second. And this all happens in a span of about 10 seconds.

Back