• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raiden vs General Grievous

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
RaidenMGR
General Grievous

Surprised this hasnt been done yet, a battle of the the cyborg swordsmen. MGRR Custom Raiden vs Composite Grievous (His stats dont really differ all that much between Disney and Legends besides LS), Speed equalized. In character, no prior knowledge or prep time, who wins?

Raiden (Metal Gear) - 2

General Grievous - 3

The only reason I don't give my opinion, the incoming AP downgrade...

EDIT: Nevermind, since this Low 7-C stats is ok.

Albeit, wasn't the SW characters going to be Downgraded to Subsonic combat speed and MHS+ reactions?

Speed Equalized? Grievous takes this. He managed to hold off Plo Koon who is arguably one of the best swordsmasters the Order ever trained.

Furthermore, nothing Raiden has will withstand the bite of the Lightsaber or Grievous' other hidden weapons.

Wait, not to derail the thread or anything, but wasn't SS fried by Micrewaves and still survived? Would it be too far of a stretch to say Raiden could be Sub-Rel? I mean Metal Gear is a franchise notorious for outrageously indestructable normal human beings.

Anyway, Speed Equalized, Grievous has got this. He has the 4 arms advantage and I doubt Raiden can split apart the molecules of whatever the Lightsabre blade is made up of.

Grievous takes this with high diff because like Mr. Ovens said the 4 arms advantage is true, and honestly lightsabers are made of plasma and i dont know if you can weaken the bonds on plasma, and since speed is equalized raiden would have to seriously consider Ripper mode to keep up with a very formidable 4 armed opponent but honestly, i think Ripper mode would even out the figh instead of giving raiden the edge. In conclusion the for arms would get the best of Raiden eventually because even if Raiden dual weilds Grievous still has two up on him.

Raiden wins. He defeated Mistral who had an almost infinite number of arms. He has better stats than Grievous. And with speed equalized, Raiden's Jack the Ripper mode gives the advantatge in speed. True to be told, Raiden will probably end losing one (or maybe the two) arm(s) in the battle. But the only thing he has to do to win the battle is to go through to Grievous's armor and with his Hf blade that ignores durability and speed advantatge he can do it.

@Shozo ? When did Mistral have infinite arms, from what i recall she had 16 at the most plus however many went into her spear. Their stats are even (Jack is Low 7-C, 7-C in Ripper Mode and Grevious can cut people with 7-C durability with his Lightsabers). Speed equalized means Ripper Mode's speed amplification is nullified.

I was joking with the almost infinte (altough if you cut her arms more robots come to replace them, so that's why I said she almost had infinite arms).

Their stats are not even, Grievous is 8-C. His attack potency is Large Building level. Raiden will cut to his organs first.

I always tought that speed equalized was that the "normal" speed is equalized. If they get a boost thanks to a supermode I always thought that it's still valid.

Even then I still give my vote to Raiden. Raiden can still mess with some Grievous's cibernetics thanks to his stealth, Technological Manipulation and his secondary weapons like Dystopia (the magnetic sai)

Shozo Irie said:
Their stats are not even, Grievous is 8-C. His attack potency is Large Building level. Raiden will cut to his organs first.

I always tought that speed equalized was that the "normal" speed is equalized. If they get a boost thanks to a supermode I always thought that it's still valid.
Grievous' AP is High 8-C but he can cut people with 7-C durability, making it fair.

Yeah Speed Equalized equalizes all speeds including techniques and abilities that boost your speed.

Seriously, why speed equalized make boost useless? That seems really unfair if you ask me.

Also, Raiden ignores Durability

AidenBrooks999 said:
Seriously, why speed equalized make boost useless? That seems really unfair if you ask me.

Shrug Dunno, it seems unfair to me too but that's the rules.

Due to speed being equalized, this fight just got harder. Griveous can harm Raiden with his lightsabers, but Raiden can cut off his hands and and pretty much downgrade him to 8-C.

So, I think Raiden can win if he cuts off Griveous' hands first

WeeklyBattles said:
You know that you can edit the OP and clarify that boost still working, right?

I did that and everything was ok.

AidenBrooks999 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
You know that you can edit the OP and clarify that boost still working, right?
I did that and everything was ok.
Yes but that would lead to a speedblitz for Raiden, which would make it even more unfair

Back