• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raiden Slight Speed Upgrade

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
I'm not sure if i posted this already and it got buried but...

Since lightning is now Mach 1,293 or something like that, i believe unrestricted Raiden from Mortal Kombat is possibly due an upgrade to MHS+

Can you provide a reference that he is as swift as lightning please?

I'll see what i can do, but in the meantime some if not most of his attacks do have the properties of actual lightning. (Such as making people convulse upon contact)

I couldn't find any reference, but would being mentioned/confirmed as the god of thunder and lightning and having attacks/poses that have properties of real lightning (making enemies convulse, appearing in a flash of lightning during certain poses, like his MK9 intro) be enough to suffice? I'm pretty sure the only reason he was rated as MHS to begin with was due to being the god of thunder and lightning.

Well, being able to shoot lightning bolts is not automatically the same thing as moving at their speed. Are there any MK calculations that we can scale from?

I doubt it. Mortal Kombat isn't a shonen anime or a comic or even a Japanese video game so calcs may be hard to come by.

All i have is his title of being a god of thunder and lightning, some of his other movements (like the aforementioned descend as a lightning bolt entrance in MK9, and uh that electric fly attack where he spouts gibberish...)

Well, I am uneasy with giving him statistics solely based on loose speculation.

I know...right now I'm drawing blanks...

Maybe one of these days I'll make a Twitter and ask Ed Boon himself...

Any proof Raiden's lightning is as fast as cloud to ground lightning or multiple properties of real lightning?

Not sure this is something I should mention, but Nightwolf, a mid tier of the MK verse can summon down actual lightning from an actual cloud, and considering he likely uses it against the people he's fought (Scorpion and Sindel) wouldn't that upgrade him and MK's mid tiers?

It depends. See the Lightning dodging feats page. However, if Raiden uses real lightning in close combat, and other characters can dodge it, that should probably scale.

Well, he uses real lightning during his X-ray, but since his opponent is caught in the move, it's not really possible to dodge it.

Thus why I'm more partial to sticking with Nightwolf's move to try and upgrade the verse.

Well, clouds are quite distant, so it does not necessarily mean an upgrade, as you can see in the page that I linked to.

That's the thing tho. What Nightwolf does is summon a mini cloud right above his opponent and they're able to dodge and block it's lightning.

Okay. Then it should work as an upgrade, yes.

Back