• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs The Beast (Infamous)

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Honestly disappointed there was never a concluded matchup for the strongest of Infamous, or for the old High 6A Cole for that matter.

Kill La Kill vs Infamous

Let's hope this changes, Speed is Equal, 2nd form Koketsu.

The Beast (inFAMOUS): 5

Ragyō Kiryüi:

Inconclusive:

Hmmm, let's see

The Beast has a slight edge in power, for having broken the moon into a radial third in the early days of its awakening. He only got stronger from there, and he chased Kessler for a few years.

Hax: Ragyō could oneshot with Mental Refitting, but the thing is, I'm not sure if The Beast even has a physical brain. As we saw from the battle with Cole, the inside of his head is filled with a lava-esqu energy. There may not be a brain for Ragyō to attack.

The Beast on the other hand, has numerous methods of keeping the threads away: can release an omnidirectional blast, use his matter absorbing black holes to eat them, or maybe use his gravity manipulation to help out.

His Ray Field Blasts are extremely deadly, since they basically kill anything without a Conduit gene. Ragyo will likely survive the radiation, since she's a life fiber hybrid, but the blast itself may kill her. It starts off by first draining her of her nuero electricity, converts it into Ray Field energy, and then releases it in a destructive blast.

Beast also has power absorption going for him. Though it requires physical contact, once he starts, it's difficult to fight off. He drains you of your powers, breaking your abilities and taking away your techniques. He did this to Cole in the beginning of inFAMOUS 2.

And if Ragyo touches one of his pseudo black holes, it's basically game over. It instantly breaks down and absorbs whatever matter touches it.

Tl;dr Beast via regen, more hax options and likely resistance to her specific form of mind manipulation

PTS makes a very compelling and sound argument. Judging from his example of the Beats brain it seems like Ragyo can't use Mental Reffitting on him so I'll have to vote for him based on that and the rest of PTS's reasons.

I do have to step in to say one thing though, I don't know about the Beast having the power advantage, an extremely casual Ryuko shattered the Life Fibers covering the Earth with her fist, Ragyo in 2nd form Kokeysu curb stomped Ryuko.

@Gargoyle Technically Ragyo's first form casually ragdoled Ryuko until her zenkai kicked in, and then her second form casually ragdolled a stronger Ryuko

Still, she can't get past his regen and resistance to her mind hax. Even if she completely obliterated his body, he could just teleport his atoms somewhere else, reform his body, and then release a blast from afar.

The Beast can easily TP his atoms dozens of kilometers away to create a psuedo black hole to reform his body. This black hole manipulates gravity to emulate the vacuum effects of a black hole, in that everything gets dragged towards it. While it is possible for Ragyo to escape the pull via flight, as we saw with Cole, the resulting shockwave will definitely catch her off guard. After said shockwave, when Ragyo is still staggered, Beast eithers spams blasts, or recreates the black hole to absorb her.

There's also the chance he could just tp beside her, while reforming, and catch her off guard with his gravity hole.

Will not confirmed, it's highly likely he can survive space. As aforementioned, he doesn't have any organs. His body's composed of a lava-esque material. Meaning he doesn't have to worry about exploding due to change in pressure. He can also fight with half his head missing, and several chunks of his torso gone, meaning oxygen is probably unimportant to him as well. Radiation? Present Beast survived a nuke, meaning Future Beast, who's much stronger, should have no problem.

The honest complaint I have is this.

Will the beast be able to resist the other abilities IE: Memory Erasure and Empathic Manip?

Ragyo could mind break him without having a mind to mind hax him.

Idk, sounds pretty nlf to me.

I am fine with him being resistant to mind hax, but the other two are something I dont think he should have resistance to.

Same with Empathy Manip.

That said, I vote inconclusive.

It seems to me it is a matter who gets the first shot in.

Ragyo could empathy break him and the beast could black hole her and kill her.

Although admitedly I lean to the beast since higher regen gives him the advantage as well the other abilities he has. I dont think mind manip is that much of a factor.

Enough to make inconclusive, but I doubt it is enough for Ragyo to pull a win.

Vote subject to change tho.

I mean, how could empathy manipulation work if there is not a empathic mind to begin with, or even a brain. The abilitie itself is basically a low-level mind hax, which I doutb that it could work on the Beast.

Also voting Beast for reasons above.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
There's also the fact that this Beast was an apathetic monster hellbent on killing the world
Ragyo's mind/memory/emotion manipulation made it so Ryuko's entire life's memories were rewritten so she thought she had a happy and loving life with her mother, before making Ryuko kiss the girl that murdered her father in cold blood. Plus Ragyo can literally turn off humanity on a whim.

Funny, all of Ryuko's wins involve people that can't get past her Regen.

Also funny, Obi-Wan vs Ryuko had you voting Ryuko because "Nothing Obi-Wan has in her arsenal can get past her Regen"

Hmm......

Also, without Beast's Regen, Ragyo one shots to a laughable degree..... And Empathetic manipulation should still work, but if it can be applied is the debate.

There is a lot of characters that can easily outclass both Ragyo and Ryuko, or course they regen (And Ryuko's R.E) seems to be the only think that make them win agaisnt their opponents, just saying.

@Gargoyle None of Ragyo's mind/memory/emotion manip will work if her opponent doesnt have a brain

"Alot of his hax"

Really? One ability doesn't count as alot..... Especially one that can be escaped.

You do realize all of Ragyo's matches were removed because the oppone t couldnt bypass her regen right?

No way past his regen while he can oneshot her with his hax. This is a stomp.

I wonder why Ryuko fights are added then....You know....All of them where the opponent can't get past her Regen....

Seriously, saying it's a stomp for that alone is obscene, let's remove basically every single on of Ryuko's wins because I'm pretty sure Sheele is the only character who can get past her Regen that lost....

WeeklyBattles said:
You do realize all of Ragyo's matches were removed because the oppone t couldnt bypass her regen right?
No way past his regen while he can oneshot her with his hax. This is a stomp.
And yet Ryuko's stays...

It not a stomp for that reason alone, its a stomp because her opponent can literally oneshot her with black hole spam while she cant do anything to him.

Yeah, so it takes ages of Ragyo's futile attempts to kill her opponent before she eventually gets disintegrated when one connects.

Ryuko is worst than Ragyo because she not only has her regen, but also reactive evolution and zenkai, so Ryuko matches are a lot more stompish than Ragyo matches.

Now could we stop right now?

Back