• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M3] Crosstier Tournament - Koji Kamatsu vs. Sakazuki (0-3-0)

Koji’s profile is jam packed with info and multiple tabbers within tabbers, and it frankly hurts me to look at, so I’m gonna need a real rundown on what all this key of Koji does 🗿

I'm using Athanatos Sign.
  1. Soul Cutting (Via Creating Astral Weapons)
  2. Statistics Absorption (Through an Ability called Hitoshikunai Ichigeki. Can steal 1/4th of the targets AP, Dura, and Speed)
  3. Duplication (Can make multiple clones from his soul, all of which have all the abilities mentioned and etc)
  4. Explosion Inducement / Transmutation (Can turn people into bombs by imbuing mana into them)
  5. Precognition (Koji can measure the trajectory, speed, and aim of any attack perfectly, allowing him to predict movement during combat)
  6. Attack Reflection (Counter & Dragon Counter. An self—status effect that reflects attacks upon receiving damage from an action, essentially reflecting said attack)
Koji's main thing is to rush in with his sword and negate dura with soul sword. Before charging he has a tendency to spam stack counter, which manifests as status effects that become damage toward Sakazuki when he is hit with an attack.

I specifically said in OP that characters with passive/thought/gesture instant win hax are not allowed but idk
Its a bit different in that you have to be, you know, somewhat close to him in order for the heat to actually reach; its also not really passive, as he has to attack with his magma first.

Its a bit different in that you have to be, you know, somewhat close to him in order for the heat to actually reach; its also not really passive, as he has to attack with his magma first.
What stops Koji from skill stomping him with clones if he has to get close to him?

how hot is his fire? Koji took heat at hot as 9.008e10 Kevin
His profile up to his Anthanatos sign only has him listed as resisting 1700 Kelvin, so I'm not really sure where you got that number from.

As for how his magma reaches, it gets anywhere from like 50000-288000 degrees Fahrenheit.
What stops Koji from skill stomping him with clones if he has to get close to him?
His body is made of magma, and in order to hit him, you need to be able to not only destroy his elemental body, but his "true body" as well; otherwise, he will just create a new one.

Also, simply being able to interact with the magma isn't enough to hurt him, btw.

His profile up to his Anthanatos sign only has him listed as resisting 1700 Kelvin, so I'm not really sure where you got that number from.

As for how his magma reaches, it gets anywhere from like 50000-288000 degrees Fahrenheit.

His body is made of magma, and in order to hit him, you need to be able to not only destroy his elemental body, but his "true body" as well; otherwise, he will just create a new one.

Also, simply being able to interact with the magma isn't enough to hurt him, btw.
The next line after the 1,700 kelvin statement.
image.png

The next line after the 1,700 kelvin statement.
image.png
I'm....pretty sure that's not how that works, otherwise literally every person in DBS would have a resistance of Quintillions of degrees from surviving their universal Ki Blasts.

Akainu is an admiral, he should be able to compete for some time with other top tiers of the verse like Mihawk who’s the greatest swordsman in the world. He also fought another admiral on his level, Aokiji for 7 days straight, Aokiji having training from Garp who’s another top tier in the verse and Hero of the Marines. Koji would need some amazing skill to stomp. As for clones, Akainu has AOE with his magma and precognition with Haki.

Last edited:
Will this be added despite the tier difference tho?
Yeah it’ll be added, there’s nothing about a tier difference preventing a match from being added. Like how Rimuru tempest has a match added where he was High 4-C and sonic was Low 2-C (I believe rimuru actually won that if I remember correct 🗿)

Yeah it’ll be added, there’s nothing about a tier difference preventing a match from being added. Like how Rimuru tempest has a match added where he was High 4-C and sonic was Low 2-C (I believe rimuru actually won that if I remember correct 🗿)
Yeah, Just checkin lol

It wouldn't be added on Akainu since he's VSB but on Koji it prob would

Not sure why neither of the submitters bothered participating lol

Only Javen vs Akumo left now on Quarterfinals

Wow, bro SOLD. Nah, run that BACK.

For one, Koji can tank heat attacks without an issue. He's tanked explosions which are bare minimum 1600K, which is more than magma. He is also resistant to temperature fluctuations like all Arkanes and should be capable of tanking things like the basic Fireball attack which can instantaneously incinerate people to ashes. Not to mention he is quite literally part dragon, and dragons have fire that can vaporize material structures with ease - simultaneously being able to resist said things. This isn't even mentioning that they take 50% less damage from every source.

For two, Koji can instantaneously use the Observe skill to learn everything about the dude's stats and abilities.

For three, Koji can attack the soul directly so the magma body doesn't even matter whatsoever literally. His soul attacks are layered above baseline resistance that all Arkanes inherit, so willpower isn't going to cut it.

For four, he can create clones to just spam soul attacks like this and reduce stats. And regarding skill dude can copy attacks in a glance against people who resist having their stuff mimicked. He can predict attacks easily, and he has a photographic memory.

For five, he can coat himself in a spiritual aura that reflects all non-spiritual attacks, making magma essentially useless.

Wow, bro SOLD. Nah, run that BACK.
Correct me if I’m wrong, (Which I think I probably am) but I don’t think we’re allowed to vote on anything or make any new points after grace has been reached a whole 2 days ago, since the debates already pretty much finished. But if not, the literal original creator of Koji didn’t even say anything against the current points that were in favor of the other dude. Plus, their magma at a glance makes it seem like it’s super super overhyped, so it’s probably much hotter than irl magma considering anime goes wild a lot, everything else seems fair to my knowledge of both though, but i doubt Koji will use all of those at once, which would leave him open assuming he isn’t being careful and might get one-shotted if that happens, since he won’t have that aura protecting him or anything. Who’s saying he’s gonna use everything at once? but once again I lack knowledge of both

Last edited:
While the match did conclude I don't think there was enough discussion, especially when you didn't even let the creator of Koji continue to defend the character before votes rolled in.

All the stuff I mentioned is standard Koji stuff that he does. And also, he can resurrect if he dies.

While the match did conclude I don't think there was enough discussion, especially when you didn't even let the creator of Koji continue to defend the character before votes rolled in.
He didn’t respond to anything for 5 days, that was a lot of time to defend, but they didn’t. If it was like for one day only I’d see where you’re coming from, but a whole 5 days without a reason or anything is just…

Back