• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(8/8) 1st Crosstier Tournament of Torment Hosted by ExSENNA

Will this even work? Why am I doing this?
Hello There
In my 5 years I never did a proper Tournament before as far as I remember, so decided to do one. This one will be a little different. Instead of restricting to a Tier, It will be a Tournament involving all of most of the Tiers!

Da. R.U.L.E.Z

• Tiers: Any character from Tier 10-C to 3-A is allowed. This is the main gimmick of this Tournament, it not being restrained to one Tier
  • Hax: The main dish of this Tournament. High Hax, as long as they are not passive, thought-based, or gesture-based win buttons. Basically, Dura-negging attacks that are melee or projectile-based. This is obvious due to the gimmick of this Tournament it will prioritize hax significantly more. Regeneration up to Low-High is allowed for now but this is subject to change alongside other kinds of defensive Hax, they can be checked case by case to make sure all characters have wincons. Smurf is disallowed is this a thing?
  • Characters: FCOC characters are prioritized as this is an FCOC Tournament. VSB is disallowed still allowed though slightly discouraged
  • Places: There will be 8 characters and 1 character can be entered per user
  • Speed: Speed will be equalized
  • Distance: Characters will start at a 10-meter distance
  • Rest: The rest of the rules are SBA hope didn't miss something important
Competitors

Matches
Round 1 (Quarterfinals)
1 - Laser Frogman vs. The Player
2 - Javen Playz vs. Akumo
3 - Koji Kamatsu vs. Sakazuki
4 - Sans vs. Jose Cruz
Round 2 (Semifinals)
1 - Laser Frogman vs. Jose Cruz
2 - Akumo vs. Sakazuki
Round 3 (Finals)
1 - Laser Frogman vs. Akumo (Inconclusive, Laser Frogman won via coin flip)

Medal Summary

Champion of Torment & Gold Medalist🥇Laser Frogman

Silver Medalist🥈Akumo

Bronze Medalist🥉Jose Cruz

Last edited:
Please don't use font colors like this. Its near impossible to read in dark mode.

Pardon me, but are characters/hax judged on a case by case basis? I’m not sure how a lower tier would advance in this tourney against an equally or more haxxed higher tier, and the right character could sweep the tourney easy depending on competition

Pardon me, but are characters/hax judged on a case by case basis? I’m not sure how a lower tier would advance in this tourney against an equally or more haxxed higher tier, and the right character could sweep the tourney easy depending on competition
Yes. I don't know how much difference Tiers make here if both are very haxxed. I already made instant-win hax disallowed and others can be checked case by case to make every character can end one another despite Tier difference

Yes. I don't know how much difference Tiers make here if both are very haxxed. I already made instant-win hax disallowed and others can be checked case by case to make every character can end one another despite Tier difference
Sounds interesting! I’ll have to think on who I should put in though

Please don't use font colors like this. Its near impossible to read in dark mode.
I've went ahead and removed all color formatting in the OP.
Please refrain from using white and black text colors as it can make your posts extremely hard to read in light/dark modes.

If you can't or couldn't see what the issue was, go into dark mode, and read the post I am quoting.

I've went ahead and removed all color formatting in the OP.
Please refrain from using white and black text colors as it can make your posts extremely hard to read in light/dark modes.

If you can't or couldn't see what the issue was, go into dark mode, and read the post I am quoting.
I tried to do it myself earlier but failed and forgot to respond to you informing that I failed

How to go dark mode?

As Asuna is still a work in progress (although her beginning of series key is almost complete, only a couple more chapters until I’d put her on VS matches) I’d like to enter The Player. They have plenty of good tools as well as the ability to respawn indefinitely (At least until they ragequit lol) which despite being Tier 9-A to 8-A would make them a unique and formidable contender 👍

^ Also will make it a whole server of them (16) just so they have somewhat of a chance in a tournament with this kind of nature since multiple opponents are allowed. Still doubt they’ll win the whole thing lol

You're not ready for HIM

I'm Not ready for venefica's pick because they have ALOT in thier disposable And even (Shudders) Magistream magic users.
Edit: I Keep on typing vene's pronouns she/her HELP (maybe it's because I got curious what "venefica" means and apparently it's an woman who poisons)

I've added all 3 characters
I couldn't check whether they have passive/thought/gesture instant-win ability or not though
I will add on the 8th spot when it is 7 will that happen?

Wow 1500th post OMG

I’m still thinking about who I want to put in, but also I don’t want someone to see who I put in and then find a character specifically meant to beat mine 🗿 I’ll add one pretty soon anyway though

Also thanks so much!
Good good, it is for fun

Should I bump the characters to 16 and the number of entrants per user to 2?

I’m not sure, the tourney so far seems to only have minimal traction so I’d keep it at 8 for now, I do know Froggytron is also considering entering though
Sure, all will submit 2 so no much change if 16 cannot fill either can 8. Though we have all the time we need

José Cruz from the Doom Pentagon Arc

He is a stand user, so opponents without a way to see invisible things are at a disadvantage when fighting him.

He has atomic deconstruction, limited biological manipulation (can shutdown brain of humans), and speed amp that let’s him keep up with people that would normally blitz him.

Deconstruction is basically a projectile that he forms and flicks at the opponent. If it hits their body they fall apart on an atomic level.

Biological manipulation is limited to shutting down the brain of humans, he can only do this by having his stand touch the person’s head and is his very last resort in combat.

Overclocked increases his reaction speed a lot, this doesn’t allow him to attack or move faster it just gives him reaction speed great enough to react to speeds that would normally blitz him. Making him real hard to hit.

That’s my first character submission

Back