• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Question About Upscaling?

So I noticed that there are some characters who upscale from certain characters in their own verse, I want to know if they can in some cases upscale one tier above.

For example, character A is City level+ for performing a Magnitude 8.5 Earthquake, character B in the same verse casually scales above A as B consistently one-shots or overpowers A in strength with ease and even tank his/her attacks. Since A scales to 84.8 Megatons as per his/her feat and the power difference between his/her feat and Mountain Level is only 1.17x as per the Attack Potency chart, would it be fair to say that B is Mountain level since he upscales from A and the gap between A's feat and Mountain Level is very less? Obviously not taking the 7.5x AP difference into consideration since it is used for VS Battle only.

I am asking this as I have seen some profiles do this, but I want to know if this is valid at all.

Also, would upscaling to another tier be invalid if the feat is 2x below the next tier?

From what I understand, if they are consistently portrayed as far above them then it's fine to upscale to baseline 7-A.

If the gap is more than 1.5x then it's not really valid based on that alone.

From what I understand, if they are consistently portrayed as far above them then it's fine to upscale to baseline 7-A.

If the gap is more than 1.5x then it's not really valid based on that alone.
I see, would you say that 1.51x to 1.59x is also invalid? Also isn't 1.5x to less? I thought maybe 2x might be too much.

Case-by-case I guess. If you're not X-tier+ then you're definitely not upscaling into Y-tier at the very least. IIRC, 1.5x was settled in a thread.

Sorry, it was really far back so I can't recall the exact thread. I think it was on Staff Discussion.

Back