• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions Regarding Variable Tiers and Versus Threads

When a character's tier is, for example, "Varies. Up to....," would you be capable of putting that character in a match with someone within that tier range?

For example, if I wanted to make Character A, who's High 6-B fight Character B, who's tier is "Varies. Up to 5-B," would I be able to make such a fight happen?

Just a few questions I had in regards to the Variable Tier.

Cropfist said:
It depends on the specific nature of the character's variable tier.
So for example, If I were to do a battle with Rave, does that mean she can battle opponents of any tier as long as it's not above 4-B?

Does Raven vary because she has numerous feats at different particular levels or because her powers actively can change how specifically strong she is?

Not quite sure, tbh. I think it's because at her maximum output she's equal to Trigon, but I don't think she goes all out that often. Then again, these are my thoughts on why she has a variable tier.

I was just using Raven as an example because you said that it depends on the specific nature of the character's variable tier.

There are differences in having a set, but indeterminate level of power and having a level of power that can fluidly range by the situation they are in.

Yeah. Like I said, I was just using Raven as an example because no other characters with a variable tier came to mind.

Cropfist said:
It depends on the specific nature of the character's variable tier.
Here's another example. This isn't necessarily a Varies. tier, but Saitama's During Training Tier is "9-A, up to at least 8-B."

Would I be able to have Saitama during training fight someone who's in between 9-A and 8-B?

Only if saitama had a period where his tier was between small building and city block, rather than jumping from one to the other.

This is the justification for Saitama's tier on the "During Training" key:

Small Building level (Survived two blows from Personification Of A Light Pull Cord), up to at least City Block level (After breaking his limiter and going through the process of fully removing it, became strong enough to effortlessly one shot both Light Pull Cord and even 170,000 Year Magicicada Nymph)

It implies that there was training involved to get him from Small Building level to at least City Block level, so would it be possible to do in that regard?

It depends on if the training was progressive or if it instantly bumped him from one tier to the other.

Back