• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions/possible changes to some of the Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
The Wall of F╠Âl╠Âe╠Âs╠Âh╠ Text has awoken!

I've recently noticed several profiles for SJSM characters, I then had several questions (And changes) regarding them:

EDIT: I've also noticed that they're being quickly deleted due to having bulky visual editor code, so I'll critique them from the last time I've seen them.

Specimen 1

Okay, this one sorta bugged me the most. How is being a flat sheet of cardboard qualify as being 2-D? Specimen 1 should at least have 10-C durability for being made out of cardboard (I mean, it is three-dimensional) with either Unknow or Below Average Human (IIRC, the cardboard cutouts pop out of the wall fairly quickly, so it could possibly qualify for AP).

I'm not sure about this next part, but Specimen 1 should also have a degree of Sound Manipulation in the powers & abilities section. They are capable of producing a variety of noises as found on 1 this wikia page for SJSM.

Specimen 4

Personally, the abilities should be explained on the page (At the very least, add text wrapped around parentheses next to the ability explaining why the character has it, or in the "notable attacks/techniques" section).

I'm a bit iffy on the "Non-Corporeal" part, I'm pretty sure that, if I recall correctly, Specimen 4 is only really capable of phasing through walls and the like. The intangibility ability should stay and flight should be added. Alongside that, the "Non-Corporeal" attribute should be removed. I'm probably mistaking something on this part, so feel free to correct me.

Specimen 11

The biggest issue about this profile is the lack of explanations for the abilities on the profile, I'll probably try to assume a few of them:

Fire Manipulation : According to the wikia , its 3-D model has a stream of fire between its horns. I can safely assume that Specimen 11 has a degree of fire manipulation due to being capable of creating small flames such as the aforementioned one.

BFR: According to the wikia, if the protagonist hits Specimen 11 when below 20% of their maximum health, there is a chance they'll be sent to the room they also appear in when they die.

Dream Manipulation : I am clueless on this one.

Pocket Reality Manipulation: The meat rooms it creates, assumably.

Teleportation: According to the wikia yet again, if the player gets killed by Specimen 11, they get teleported to a meat room where Specimen 11 waits.

Also, as a bit of an addition to the profile, Specimen 11 should have intangibility. At 4:13 in this video, after the Protagonist picks up the key, Specimen 11 phases through the wall and flies towards them:

Spooky's House Of Jumpscares (Specimen 11 Demonstration)
Spooky's House Of Jumpscares (Specimen 11 Demonstration)

Spooky:

Tad bit iffy on the 9-A tiering for her, at the 0:40 mark in this video , the Protagonist kills a humanoid version of Specimen 9 (Which acts as the game's final boss) with an axe. Afterwards, the room vibrates and a portion of the ceiling falls onto the Protagonist, thus killing them. Spooky didn't even shank the Protagonist or anything, the ceiling just dropped onto them (Correct me on if this could be a valid tiering). The closest thing I could find behind spooky being responsible for causing the ceiling to drop onto them is the bad ending. At the 1:50 mark in this video, the Protagonist kills Specimen 9, but the ceiling doesn't drop on them, followed up with Spooky stating that the Protagonist would make a fine specimen.

If the ceiling thing is not considered a tier, then spooky could possibly have a somewhat lower AP stat deriving from one of the minigames (Mall of the spook , in specific) where she literally flies through a mall shanking a bunch of people with her oversized bowie knife (No innuendo intended). So it should be fairly logical she would at least have 9-C AP (Or whatever tier it would be to casually kill humans) with her bowie knife.

(Below this line is a plethora of miscellaneous stuff that may or not may contribute to the profile)

Aside from those, there's this wikia page that's suggesting that GL Labs is responsible for containing, classifying, studying the house's specimens, mainly in their endeavors to grow an army of ghosts (As seen in the good ending ). The eighth note (As shown on the same wikia page), also suggests that Spooky funded GL Labs.

That makes me question whether the "infinite rooms" thing is actually just due to the advanced technology GL Labs has. This is talking about things such as the gigantic screensaver at the 1000th floor, or the unique appearance of the various notes found in the old GL Labs. There's also the reveal trailer suggesting that Spooky is some sort of hologram (At 0:19, she starts to flicker and then immediately stops talking afterwards).

Personally, really don't know whether to mess with Spooky's current ratings or not, so I'll wait for more input on this thread.

I've got most of the information about this stuff from either the Wikia for the game, or various youtube videos I've seen. I'm too much of a baby to actually play the game itself, so I probably won't be that reliable of a source of information regarding the game.

Spooky should be superior to the protag and some specimens regardless.

In one of the many notes, Specimen 11 makes one of the customers have a nightmare about it.

I didn't do Specimen 1 or 4. But via being a ghost, 4 should stay with Non-Corporeality (Alongside Specimen 8 presumably).

People keep bringing up those weak proofs to try to "debunk" endless rooms. But this isn't related at all. At best, the projections serve just to explain rooms like Specimen 8's forest. A common theme is that the GL Labs re-creates the environments the specimens were in. So projections are used to re-create outside environments and the likes.

Do note that the notes say something along the lines of "I don't see my notes. Either someone is removing them, or I'm getting somewhere." The notes ARE still there, implying that the new rooms still are actual new rooms, not just illusions.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Spooky should be superior to the protag and some specimens regardless.
In one of the many notes, Specimen 11 makes one of the customers have a nightmare about it.

I didn't do Specimen 1 or 4. But via being a ghost, 4 should stay with Non-Corporeality (Alongside Specimen 8 presumably).

People keep bringing up those weak proofs to try to "debunk" endless rooms. But this isn't related at all. At best, the projections serve just to explain rooms like Specimen 8's forest. A common theme is that the GL Labs re-creates the environments the specimens were in. So projections are used to re-create outside environments and the likes.

Do note that the notes say something along the lines of "I don't see my notes. Either someone is removing them, or I'm getting somewhere." The notes ARE still there, implying that the new rooms still are actual new rooms, not just illusions.
Thank you for the response, I think that this thread should be closed now, given that most of my questions were answered.

I also fixed Specimen's 4 profiles by adding lacking abilities and matching it up to the rest. But sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back