• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1. Is there any difference between Type 1 concepts? I mean, the Type 1 concept means being independent of reality. I see many fictional works addressing different Type 1 concepts, and I get confused about this. I've seen works where there are Jungian archetypes that precede reality and also the existence of Platonic forms that also precede reality and are the basis on which reality was formed (the universe being just a shadow). How is it possible to differentiate this here on the wiki? Because a logical thought is that if you manipulate Jungian archetypes that precede reality, you wouldn't necessarily be able to manipulate Platonic forms (and vice versa).

2. Which Erasure of existence is more "powerful", Type 1/2 conceptual EE or erasure of history or erasure of fundamental information? I ask this question because usually, conceptual erasure does not affect "time" itself. Like, it is quite common to see characters who erase Type 1 or 2 concepts, but they can still REMEMBER them, and maybe if you return to the past with time travel, they will be existing there. Whereas erasing someone from history means they never existed in the first place (paradoxical). This results in people never remembering their existence (because they never existed to be remembered), and even if you travel back in time and return to the past, the person will no longer be there because they never existed. Although I know some works where conceptual EE is superior to temporal EE, this should not be a rule, as in many other works it does not seem to work this way...

3. I know that nominalist concepts on the wiki do not qualify as any of the three types of conceptual manipulation, but what if a work specifies that it manipulates nominalist concepts, would that just be mental manipulation? If so, how powerful would this type of mental manipulation be compared to other types of mental manipulation we see out there (memory manipulation, mind control, or dream manipulation, etc.)?

Back