• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about Higher Dimensional Characters and Immeasurable speed

SauceGod1.1

He/Him
There's something I don't understand about higher dimensional characters, 3D Characters can move in all directions (Up, down, left, right, etc...), right? So how could a 4D character move? can they move through time or something? or a 5D character, are they just existing on a higher plane where the ones on a lower plane cant interact with them, or do they have something else that differentiates them from the lower dimensions. how would you achieve 4D existence? I see people arguing Goku and co being 4D because their ki could interact with fused Zamazu who became the space-time of the universe. I'd also like to ask a question about infinite and Immeasurable speed, characters with infinite speed can move while time stands at 0 right? then immeasurable speed characters can move where time doesn't exist, they can move at a speed where time itself has a value of lower than 0 allowing them to move towards and backward through time. Can someone with immeasurable move unbound by dimensional constraints? like then they move across all dimensions or are they bound to only 1? Can a 4D character only move forwards and backwards in time on a 4D scale or can they move unbound by dimensions? Can one character with immeasurable speed be faster than another? can a 12D character with immeasurable speed move faster than a 4D character with immeasurable speed? If they can how would you determine how fast they are? I think that lower-dimensional character scant interact with higher dimensional character so a 4D character wouldn't be able to interact with a 12D character but if both of them are moving unbound by dimensions how would a 12D character be faster?

A 4D character can't necessarily move through time. They can either be 3 space + 1 time-dimensional, or 4 space-dimensional. Same with 5-D. Each dimension adds another direction, but it doesn't have to be time, it could be another weird direction of space that we can't perceive or interact with.

Immeasurable speed isn't moving where time doesn't exist, it's being able to move through time via sheer speed.

Immeasurable speed can't move unbound by dimensional constraints.

Characters with immeasurable and infinite speed can be faster than each other in fiction, but this is incredibly rare.

A 12D character with immeasurable speed could move faster than a 4D character with immeasurable speed, but wouldn't by default.

You can't really determine how fast they are, you just know that they're above baseline, or above above baseline, etc.

How's immeaurable speed defined? ive seen multiple different definitions on this wiki but the idea is that they can through time through speed right? they can move from time to time rather than place to place right? like flash's special in Injustice 2. what about infinite speed? can one character with infinite speed be faster than another if both of them are the same dimensional tier?

How's immeaurable speed defined? ive seen multiple different definitions on this wiki but the idea is that they can through time through speed right? they can move from time to time rather than place to place right?

Yes.

like flash's special in Injustice 2

Not familiar so I can't comment.

can one character with infinite speed be faster than another if both of them are the same dimensional tier?

Yes, even if they're in different dimensional tiers.

Dimensional tiers matter for AP, not so much for speed.

I see, so it's literally imposible for one 4D character with infinite speed to be faster than another?

Wha- I told you the exact opposite.

One character with infinite speed can be faster than another.

On top of this, having more dimensions doesn't make you fast.

Agnaa said:
Wha- I told you the exact opposite.
One character with infinite speed can be faster than another.

On top of this, having more dimensions doesn't make you fast.
How does one character with infinite speed blitz another character with infinite speed or innacesable speed? cuz I'm referring to moving while time stands at 0 not traveling infinite distances in a finite amount of time. Can you show me an example of one character with inaccessible speed being faster than another character with the same amount of speed.

How does one character with infinite speed blitz another character with infinite speed or innacesable speed?

I'm not sure, but there's a lotta kinda nonsensical stuff in fiction which we have to incorporate into profiles. There's 1-As with timestop despite the fact that 1-A is above all dimensions of space and time.

For a tamer version of this, there's many 2-As that are stronger than other 2-As despite them both destroying infinite timelines, and there not seeming to be a lot of room to just be "stronger" there.

Can you show me an example of one character with inaccessible speed being faster than another character with the same amount of speed.

I personally can't, since I don't follow those types of verses, but I know that they exist.

What I was asking is like can a 3D character with innacesable speed blitz another 3D character with inaccessible speed

Yes that's possible. Some members of the Flash Family from DC all of different speeds when running through time and hypertime, some being faster than others as an example for immeasurable speed.

That can totally happen in fiction, as nonsensical as it sound. I always imagine it like this: To be faster than light, you have to surpass the speed of light. Character A and B are both FTL, but A can be faster than B by multiplier through feats/statements, because the speed rating dosnt stop there. Baseline ftl is slower than 2 times ftl.

As weird as that sound, infinite and immeasurable can be defined like this too. 2 Characters can be infinite in speed and one of those 2 can be faster than the other. Its the fun topic of "My infinite is bigger than yours" which is actually possible.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
What is innacessible speed?
It's an omitted term, infinite speed is being able to move an infinite distance in a finite amount of time while inaccessible speed would be moving while time stands at 0. this wiki combined both of them into infinite speed

SauceGod1.1 said:
What I was asking is like can a 3D character with innacesable speed blitz another 3D character with inaccessible speed
Yes.

First Witch said:
That can totally happen in fiction, as nonsensical as it sound. I always imagine it like this: To be faster than light, you have to surpass the speed of light. Character A and B are both FTL, but A can be faster than B by multiplier through feats/statements, because the speed rating dosnt stop there. Baseline ftl is slower than 2 times ftl.
As weird as that sound, infinite and immeasurable can be defined like this too. 2 Characters can be infinite in speed and one of those 2 can be faster than the other. Its the fun topic of "My infinite is bigger than yours" which is actually possible.
How would it apply to innacesable speed tho? how can one character who can move while time stands at 0 be blized by another who can do the same thing? Yes infinite character can be blitzed by moving an infinite distance in a finite amount of time. A character can move an ininite distance in 2 seconds while B character can move it in 4, so character A is faster than B even though both are infinite. but two character with Innaccesable speed, how would they blitz each other? they can move at a speed that is infinitely faster than any finite speed while time stands at 0. how would they be blitzed? Infinity is a limit, not a number, not even a value, the onlything larger than infinite is 2 stacked infinities. Are you saying that infinite speed can be stacked the same way AP is where you have to become infinitely stronger to go from uni+ to low multi? if so how fast would it be? how would you move faster than a character moving at an infinite speed while time is 0?

It can apply because fiction does what it wants, not out of any actual logic.

EmperorRorepme said:
Yes that's possible. Some members of the Flash Family from DC all of different speeds when running through time and hypertime, some being faster than others as an example for immeasurable speed.
I could see why immeasurable speed could be different since characters could travel through time faster that others but whats an example of inaccessible speed?

Like I said before, characters still end up stronger in ways that don't mathematically make sense.

You can't really be stronger than destroying infinite universes. You can't even be infinitely stronger. You have to reach a higher infinity to change the cardinality.

But, fiction sometimes has these sorts of characters be stronger/infinitely stronger than each other, so we accommodate it.

Inaccessible/infinite/immeasurable speed is in the same sort of situation.

There might be different levels of speed when time is 0. Infinity is not the limit for fiction. There could even be infinity + 1 being faster than infinity in terms of speed.

Agnaa said:
Like I said before, characters still end up stronger in ways that don't mathematically make sense.
You can't really be stronger than destroying infinite universes. You can't even be infinitely stronger. You have to reach a higher infinity to change the cardinality.

But, fiction sometimes has these sorts of characters be stronger/infinitely stronger than each other, so we accommodate it.

Inaccessible/infinite/immeasurable speed is in the same sort of situation.
But are there any feats of one character with annacessable speed being blitzed by another?

EmperorRorepme said:
There might be different levels of speed when time is 0. Infinity is not the limit for fiction. There could even be infinity + 1 being faster than infinity in terms of speed.
How would you prove a character has inaccessible speed +1? It seems that it's theoretically possible but are there any feats that have shown two characters doing this?

Back