• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about dimensional tiering and NLf

I've saw many people saying that dimensional tiering is completely bullshit and that being 5D, 4D, 3D doesn't add anything in terms of AP. basically This blog for example.

1)My question is how does tiering system works exactly ?

2)for the NLf while I know it's definition except I still don't know how it works exactly for example if someone says something like " Misogi hasn't shown the ability to erase someone as strong as Goku so Goku would tank All Fiction just fine" does that fit into the NLf category as well?

Last edited:
1. 5D and 4D as far as I know are basically the relationships between a human and a drawing for example. The drawing can't be qualitatively or quantitatively superior to the human in attack power because the human simply exists in a different plane entirely. This is why dimensional strength is key over AP because being able to exist beyond a plane of existence where a character is effective in combat is obviously better than having to actually fight them.

2. It is true, but that also extends to Goku as well. It would be NLF to assume Goku resists or survives certain hax just because he's strong. I do not know much about Misogi, but if a character has the ability to destroy or kill 2-A structures, then the burden of proof falls upon the supporter of the opponent to prove that their character can survive or resist it without appealing to the No Limits Fallacy.

1. 5D and 4D as far as I know are basically the relationships between a human and a drawing for example. The drawing can't be qualitatively or quantitatively superior to the human in attack power because the human simply exists in a different plane entirely. This is why dimensional strength is key over AP because being able to exist beyond a plane of existence where a character is effective in combat is obviously better than having to actually fight them.

2. It is true, but that also extends to Goku as well. It would be NLF to assume Goku resists or survives certain hax just because he's strong. I do not know much about Misogi, but if a character has the ability to destroy or kill 2-A structures, then the burden of proof falls upon the supporter of the opponent to prove that their character can survive or resist it without appealing to the No Limits Fallacy.
1- I see can you explain to me more in detail about how tier 1 works and it's relation to the dimensional tiering?

2- let's say for example that a mind hax has only shown to work on a Planet level scale or it has shown to work on a planet level character, would I need proof for a Universal character to survive mind hax on a planet level potency and it would be NLf to assume that I would just tank it?

3) sorry if it's a stupid question but.... Who made the NLf term?

This wiki dosnt use dimensional tiering simve years now. The tiering system is based on higher infinites, based on set theory

This wiki dosnt use dimensional tiering simve years now. The tiering system is based on higher infinites, based on set theory
What about higher dimensional existence? Don't we also need dimensional tiering to determine Tier 1 characters? How does that work?

Dimensional tiering is still used for abilities though, since I see people keep mentioning 5D and 4D for abilities in Tier 1

pretty sure that the wiki stills use HD as a tier but now accepts higher infinites and it need some requisites to be HD now

Dimensional tiering is still used for abilities though, since I see people keep mentioning 5D and 4D for abilities in Tier 1
Thats because 4, 5, 6, whatever d is easier said than fourth higher infinite, fith higher infinite etc. Everyone understand what it means, even if its technicaly incorrect. I will explain the system a bit more indeph later. Or someone else might do it idk

What about higher dimensional existence? Don't we also need dimensional tiering to determine Tier 1 characters? How does that work?
Being Higher Dimensional as the page outlines just refers to existing in a higher plane of existance. This doesn't always equade to higher power.

In general, the key difference between dimensional tiering and the currently used tiering is termology and math. Dimensions, even if explicitly higher, are not automatically indicative of a power difference of infinite and require proof to be eligeble for any tiering.

The current system is based around set theory, uses mathematics to describe the relation of lower and higher tiers. To keep it bluntly, if you want to slap 1-C onto a character, you better be prepared to proof that whatever fifth Layer/Dimension/Realm you are using as basis for the tiering is infinitly superior to the fourth, which needs to be infinitly superior to the baseline 3 dimensional universe.

Back