• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question regarding resistance

Arcker123

He/Him
If a character resists a hax that comes from the nature of a 4D space/realm, is the hax and or resistance 4D?

If the hax in question is on the scale of the totality of such a realm then yes. Just being sourced from it wouldn't count without proper context.

If the hax in question is on the scale of the totality of such a realm then yes. Just being sourced from it wouldn't count without proper context.
If the hax is just a passive effect of the realm in it’s entirety does it count?

If the hax is just a passive effect of the realm in it’s entirety does it count?
Can you tell which example you are talking about....would make it easier to judge...

In my opinion it should....since it's equivalent of passive hax done by Higher D character..
Just in this case the character is a non sentient 4D realm.

What? No. Hell's passive haxes aren't 4D because they're inside a 4D realm. Said 4D realm still has 3D objects and structures. If DMCs are treated that way or Doomguy's resistances are treated as 4D for that reason, that needs to be stopped.

What? No. Hell's passive haxes aren't 4D because they're inside a 4D realm. Said 4D realm still has 3D objects and structures. If DMCs are treated that way or Doomguy's resistances are treated as 4D for that reason, that needs to be stopped.
Even then, said 4D resistances are sourced from said realm.

But just because the thing you're resisting originates in a 4D realm, that doesn't mean what you're resisting is necessarily 4D.

Dante is a walking brick wall that resists anything thrown at him by 4D Hax Gods the fodder DMC demons are. The DMC hax instantly affects all infinitesimal instants in the opponent's N1 space-time continuum since that's what it means to have 4d hax. It comes from a 4d realm so by defaul it clearly works like that, no question.
We humans should also be 4D via resisting our universe's passive 4D Hax (the wikia considers a regular universe like our 4d so IRL should get an upgrade.)

If they have hax feats on a 4D scale, sure. But resisting hax that comes from a 4D source or from a 4D realm doesn't mean the hax itself is 4D in nature.

I think it's also been mentioned that a hax has to be use offensively. It just can't be part of the realm. Like X character creates a world with with different physics. But Y character doesn't get resistance in less X character uses that power or the realm uses it offensively.

I think it's also been mentioned that a hax has to be use offensively. It just can't be part of the realm. Like X character creates a world with with different physics. But Y character doesn't get resistance in less X character uses that power or the realm uses it offensively.
I agree with this.

I know nothing about it, but taking this at face value, it's pretty blatantly wrong. I'm not salty, I just don't want verses to have that bs on them.

Hell's poison manip isn't 4D just cause it's inside Hell.

Axx has a point, we live in a 3D world (spatial) but that doesn't mean that everything we have here are 3D, basically. It's more reliable with strings of evidences or an outright statement that said hax is 4D and not just its origin, I think. Not an expert on this topic, though.

People just go over the physiology page to look at info instead just using headcanon speculations critiques, may want to look at the evidence before dissing it.

I don't really give a shit about DMC, to be frank. I'm just scrutinizing what's put in front of me because it seems blatantly wrong.

Like I said, I don't care about DMC, and I don't plan on downgrading it for said reason. Just working with what i'm shown.

Nah, it's for actually corrupting full universes.
Oh, nvm then.
Nice because DMC has them for exact reasons...for multiple haxxes
I even support DMC in a way, but I know nothing of the sort, since when has the Demon World affected entire universes with it's hax? Is it about being capable of affecting the human world?
This is the reason for 4D corruption resistance on the DMC Demon Physiology page since we're on the topic of corruption. Does this not merit 4D resistance? I'm positive this is the same reasoning for why Gilver is 3-A, possibly Low 2-C iirc.
@Axxtentacle This should be what you would need. The DW is capable of corrupting the Humans World.

Last edited:
F1WLpne.png

xotFZNU.png

in DMC its different, the demon world's energy affected an entire timeline with its hax, pretty sure that counts as 4D

Yeah, then the energy can have that affect. Not everyone that uses the energy gets 4D hax.

Also, it's really not different. Hell has "countless" universes (space-time continuums) inside of it, and Hell Energy is what makes up Hell. But not everyone that uses it gets 4D hax.

Yeah, then the energy can have that affect. Not everyone that uses the energy gets 4D hax.

Also, it's really not different. Hell has "countless" universes (space-time continuums) inside of it, and Hell Energy is what makes up Hell. But not everyone that uses it gets 4D hax.
In DMC only 2 people use it though, and both have shown to be able to corrupt & distort a timeline with it

Back