• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question Regarding 4-D Nasuverse Hax

PhantomØ4

He/Him
Hello. I just wanted to know why exactly Magecraft and Magic resistance is considered to be in a 4-D scale. Is it because of these?

"Though the classifications of "Demons" and "Fiends" do exist, their manner of existence is in essence indistinguishable from that of a higher-order lifeform (高次元生命体, kou-jigen seimeitai?, lit. "higher-dimension lifeform") that inhabits a different sphere of civilization (異なる文明圏, koto-naru bunmei-ken?) upon a different planet (異なる惑星, koto-naru wakusei?).

Is it trough their ability to interact with this? If that’s the case it just seems to me that the standards were a bit too lenient to let practically everything in the verse become a 4-D scale just because this passage says that the way in which they exist is extremely similar to high-order (higher-dimensional) life form; but not that they were not called higher-dimensional life forms— which is what this would all based on— that they are in fact 4-D.

Making this a question because I’m unsure if this is even the case.

Hello. I just wanted to know why exactly Magecraft and Magic resistance is considered to be in a 4-D scale. Is it because of these?

"Though the classifications of "Demons" and "Fiends" do exist, their manner of existence is in essence indistinguishable from that of a higher-order lifeform (高次元生命体, kou-jigen seimeitai?, lit. "higher-dimension lifeform") that inhabits a different sphere of civilization (異なる文明圏, koto-naru bunmei-ken?) upon a different planet (異なる惑星, koto-naru wakusei?).

Is it trough their ability to interact with this? If that’s the case it just seems to me that the standards were a bit too lenient to let practically everything in the verse become a 4-D scale just because this passage says that the way in which they exist is extremely similar to high-order (higher-dimensional) life form; but not that they were not called higher-dimensional life forms— which is what this would all based on— that they are in fact 4-D.

Making this a question because I’m unsure if this is even the case.
Well if they're indistinguishable not "extremely similar" saying they're extremely similar is suggesting that they are infact slightly distinguishable from higher dimensional life forms which would contradict the context that has been presented suggesting they are infact indistinguishable and aren't distinct from higher dimensional beings

Not entirely sure what's being asked here, but if you're trying to say that the quote doesn't directly say they're higher dimensional, it does however say, their existence is indistinguishable from that of higher dimensional lifeforms

Which is just saying they're higher d with different words. Your existence can't be indistinguishable from a higher dimensional being's unless you're also higher dimensional.

Additionally there's like, Medea's higher d teleportation, or ability to freeze time and space around someone, which work under the same rules as all other magecraft, even being stopped by MR (in the case of the timestop, even Archer can resist it, then nosell it with K&B out kek) and having other spells bypass that, etc

Plus some other ones can affect the mind and circuits and stuff, which are housed in the soul, which is higher dimensional

Well it says in essence their manner of existence is, not just simply that they’re indistinguishable. In essence is typically used when something is not quite so/broadly speaking/skipping over the finer details. The fact that they’re not simply called higher-dimensional life forms contradicts the idea simply using different words too

As for the other stuff, I just want clarification on the one I brought up first.

Well it says in essence their manner of existence is, not just simply that they’re indistinguishable. In essence is typically used when something is not quite so/broadly speaking/skipping over the finer details. The fact that they’re not simply called higher-dimensional life forms contradicts the idea simply using different words too

As for the other stuff, I just want clarification on the one I brought up first.
The reason is already mentionned in the servant physiology page.

Due to Magecraft's nature as magical energy from the soul given form, and the Soul's nature as a higher dimensional form, the resistances and effects listed thereof are at least 4 dimensional in nature, although it should be noted that physical phenomena attacks, like Elemental Manipulation, do not work like that, as they are not spiritual or metaphysical in nature. T

I mean at that point it's just nitpicking beyond any reasonable measure. And to be perfectly accurate, the fact they didn't put a comma before and after "in essence" would technically imply that they're taking about the essence of their existence, rather than the whole skipping over finer details definition of "in essence"

The JP also doesn't include in essence in any case, it simply says "they are no different than", so I guess that's more support if you wanted it

異なる惑星に住まう高次元生命体と変わらな い

Thank you for further clarification.
The reason is already mentionned in the servant physiology page.

Due to Magecraft's nature as magical energy from the soul given form, and the Soul's nature as a higher dimensional form, the resistances and effects listed thereof are at least 4 dimensional in nature, although it should be noted that physical phenomena attacks, like Elemental Manipulation, do not work like that, as they are not spiritual or metaphysical in nature. T
Thank you, that’s enough. If the verse wasn’t as bug it would have been a little bit easier for me to find but alas.

Back